Crown Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Alexandra Hotel(Weymouth)
  • Breakfast included
Russell Hotel(Weymouth)
  • Beachfront
Windsor Hotel(Weymouth)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsharbour bridgestar hotelcentral locationtown centrebit datedresidents loungefriendly hotelcoach tripsingle roomsecure parkingcoach partytea coffeetea making facilitiesfirst floorcooked breakfastgreat weekendweekend break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We have just spent the last two days at the hotel , The service and staff were excellent and the hotel was situated in an ideal position. The breakfast was first class and the reception team were very helpful , The tall grey haired manager took my luggage to the room and park my car what a wonderful hotel

well done

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gavin S
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I live in weymouth and due to water damage i couldn't stay in my flat so had to find a hotel for me and my 2 yr old daughter , so we chose the crown hotel.
Our first few days we stayed in a tiny room with 2 single beds in it and we only stayed in it 1 night as we heard a humming noise which kept us awake so the receptionist moved us to a different room which had a double and a single bed in it. It was much bigger than the previous room which was nice as my daughter had some room to play in. The room was nice and clean for the first week but i think after us being there they started slacking on cleaning. My bedding didn't get changed for a couple days even though it had clear marks and stains on it , the cups were just rinsed under the tap , i mean we were there 3 weeks so i do wonder if that was the same cups we had from the 1st moment we arrived to the moment we left.
Some of the staff were really friendly while others we just plain rude and stuck up. The way they would look at us made me feel very uncomfortable.
The food was very nice and the restaurant staff were very nice and polite, the plates could of been bigger as it was pretty much falling off the plate and it was just on top of each other.
Other than that the food was lovely. The beans were not very nice they seemed to have a mint taste so didn't have them again and the scrambled egg they did for my daughter was was to runny and she didn't eat it which I'm glad off as she would of probably had a bad stomach.
The hotel is more for elderly people than anyone else. We felt completely out of place and i don't think the staff liked my daughter and me being there, shes 2 years old so can be very noisy and every time we entered the hotel she would run in due to excitement and the staff would give me funny looks because of this, i mean shes only young and its a new experience so i don't understand what the problem was. She didn't hurt anyone or upset any customers as i had many tell me how beautiful and lovely she is. She got told of for going into the bar but one of the managers would take her in there and give her a lolly and the next minute another would tell her off , if they don't like her being in there then they shouldn't invite her like the one did. They should provide something for children as there isn't any thing, i know they have a lounge but all that's in there in books for older people. They could put toys in there and maybe a television , the room is big enough to put one in the room in the corner just to entertain the kids. Would be nice to have WI-FI in the rooms , i had my laptop which i couldn't use unless i went into the lounge but after a few minutes my daughter got bored or it was her bedtime so we had to stay in the room with basic TV.
I wouldn't stay here again as i didn't feel very welcome even though by the end of my stay they had quite a few hundred pound off us. Think they need to re train their staff and maybe teach some of them to smile. Common courtesy doesn't cost anything.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Great location, fantastic staff, rooms basic but very comfortable and clean. Breakfast good and hotel evening meal good quality, (nothing to fancy ) excellent value . Will stay at this hotel again , when we visit Weymouth again

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I was working in Weymouth and had stayed here before on a short break so I knew what the hotel was like. I paid extra to park my car in the garage parking around the back of the hotel. Nice room if small but it was a single. As I had to leave early the night porter very kindly prepared me tea and toast as they don't do breakfast until 830am. The other drawback was they don't do evening meals during the week, whether this changes in the summer I don't know so I had to go out and find something to eat. Slightly daunting if a female on your own when it is dark. I ended up at the Prezzo next door!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mel0253
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We attended a weekend function which was very good value for money. The food was not adventurous but was well prepared and excellently served. They were able to serve 90+ at a sitting, from a varied menu, with everyone feeling they were getting personal attention. The enthusiasm of the staff also spread to reception and the bar and the evening entertainment making the weekend one to remember. We have already booked for next year.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends