“Carvery”

Best Western Weymouth Hotel Rembrandt
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Weymouth
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

*As we're local, just around the corner, not reviewing a stay but the Sunday carvery*

The food on offer for the carvery was amazing, good range of meats available and veggies were cooked perfectly. Staff were polite and smiley but had a bit of a wait after sitting down just to say to the waiter we all wanted a carvery, he was nowhere to be seen for about 10 minutes, but I know waiting staff often have to multitask and look after their other tables ect so won't hold it against them.
The chef serving was polite and his whites were clean.
But everything I ate was delicious and everyone on the table agreed, definitely worth the £11.50. And I liked we were offered iced water on arrival, we usually have to ask at other restaurants!
As we're only around the corner, we'll definitely be back, I may not bother cooking roasts anymore :)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Emily M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,033)

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed for 7 nights from July 13th and we would definitely recommend this hotel . From the first phone call in February to Sophie on reception we found all the staff polite and friendly and able to sort out any issues (much the same as most reviewers have said ) We stayed in bournemouth last year at the Connaught best western and had superior rooms and we were slightly apprehensive that the rooms wouldn't be as good but both rooms we had , a single for my mother in law and a triple for me , my wife and son were excellent in size and cleanliness ( although the wife said it could have done with a feather duster down the skirting !! ) . We ate in the hotel on the first and last night and apart from a minor issue with the veg on the first night the food was excellent and waiting staff very good . We used the leisure facilities just once ( the weather was fantastic all week so didn't really need to spend much time indoors ) and found them to be clean . If there was one small issue it was that the garden area could have done with a bit of TLC . There was a wedding on the Sunday we arrived and they had their photos taken outside which maybe would have looked better with better surroundings

Room Tip: We didn't know this at the time and were probably a bit lucky ( our room was on the side adjacen...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had just arrived off the boat late at night so the hotel was ideally placed with very good parking. However whilst you expect some local seaside sounds I was not expecting the dawn chorus of 200 seagulls outside my windows. I would have shut them but no AC, so it was a call between sweating or the sound of nature. I made the wrong call particularly as the gulls started their discussions at 4.30am! Next time I'll bring some ear plugs.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is definitely a hotel to consider if you are looking for a holiday in Weymouth. The staff were welcoming and helpful on arrival and continued to be throughout my stay. My stay was B&B the breakfast had everything you could imagine with the food being fresh and tasty. The service staff were attentive without being over-baring. the bar area is small but pleasant and the option of a garden area outside. I chose to eat in the hotel for my evening meal and was not disappointed.
A good carvery selection with plenty of fresh vegetables plus the usual bar type menu. The leisure facilities were clean and I used the pool, I also had a massage which again i would recommend.
Overall a really enjoyable relaxing stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed for 10 nights through working in the area my company paid for my stay so realy can not moan. stayed last year with the same company and was giving a massive room in front of hotel which i was very impressed with this time though my first room i got was in the front of the hotel so i thought tip top unfortunatly as i opened the door my expectations were blown out of the water it was a small room with a double bed and very hot i thought i can't spend 10 nights here. My work mate who came with me as his room was not ready so he waited in my room until he decided to sit in the much cooler reception area.I wasn't far behind, they found me another room which was a lot better in the annex unfortunatly as i was staying for 10 days had a lot of clobber and there is no lift so after a 2 hour drive lumping all my stuff up 3 flights stairs was not ideal.

The resturant was good food ok 1 day the bacon was looking more like beef jerky as it was left under the heated lamps to long but as i was not paying for it wasn't to bothered as i like beef jerky in this case though it would of been pork jerky.

The car park is big plenty of spaces and it's about 15 min walk to beach and 30 min crawl back.

overall not bad hotel neads air con in rooms and updating a bit in areas seems to have a lot of weddings and partys so popular venue. I would definatly ask for a large room as there seems to be a lot of diffferent size of rooms in the older part of the hotel. And for some unknown reason my work partner was giving a upgraded room in the new part of the hotel which is better and there are lifts do not know what he done to get the deserve the upgrade as he paid the same price as me and we booked the same time with the same company but did not complain as i already moved once. My only slight moan was the in the 10 nights i was there the biscuits were missing on 3 occasions.

Room Tip: get a upgrade they are not much more expensive and you get earl grey tea.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank porkypeach
Reviewed 16 July 2014

For the price you pay - you can't go too wrong if you want to stay in Weymouth and don't have to be right on the beach. I would suggest bringing or renting a car if you come - free parking is available.

Good points:

Free wifi.
Nice small pool, sauna (dry and wet)
GREAT breakfasts included in our package. You are a 10 minute walk to the beach from the hotel.
Cookies and water in your room.
Service was very good from all staff.

I would recommend it - as long as you know that:

the bed isn't that comfy - hard springs.
no fridge in the room
old style hotel
the one real ale in the bar was off (sour off) when I went!
the superior room view you see on-line is actually the 'honeymoon' room and there's only 1 of them. The others are more basic.
Rooms at the front of the hotel face onto the road and there's quite a lot of road noise if the window is open.

Room Tip: You need a superior room (2nd floor which is the top level) - and preferably at the back of the hote...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family