“nice hotel”
Review of Hotel Rex

Hotel Rex
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Weymouth
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Just back from a night away at the hotel Rex. I find it very odd with some of the comments put on here about the hotel.Myself and my partner found the hotel to be very clean,the staff were great,and the veiw from our room(no 19) was very good indeed.The breakfast was very good,and for someone who cannot eat a lot due to my illness,the food came out hot,and i enjoyed it.We would return here for another break soon.

Alan & elaine

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Just spent the Easter weekend at the Rex hotel - it was a nostalgic break for myself & my family as the last time we were there so were our parents & that was 9 years ago!

The hotel hasn't changed much over the years & is in need of some TLC! We booked rooms at the back of the hotel which were smaller, but we had high hopes. Unfortunately they were not that great! Clean yes, but in need of an upgrade (dents in the walls & stains on the carpets) & the bed was most uncomfortable!! However at what I thought was £52.50 a night (as per my check-in chit), I thought it was reasonable. This was not the room rate I had originally had from Booking.com, but thought the hotel had changed it due to the type of accommodation (the cheapest in the Rex).

On departure today I was charged £95.00 per room. When I questioned the cost the manager said why did I not I complain before as he would've checked me out & re-sold the rooms to someone else?! How funny that the attitude of the staff changed like the flick of a switch when I queried something?! So the manager would have happily cancelled my reservation after I'd especially driven to Weymouth if I'd said something on arrival? Charming!!

On a positive note Elliott in the Restaurant was an extremely pleasant & helpful young man & I wish him well for the future!! The breakfast was fine & the meal we had to celebrate a birthday was very nice.

The hotel's soundproofing isn't very good, especially if you are a light sleeper & Saturday night was incredibly rowdy (outside) until the early hours!!

Weymouth isn't as nice as I remember, as I'd been really looking forward to visiting Brewers Quay, but this is now like a 'flee market', & not 'upmarket' like it used to be. Very disappointing!! Even the locals don't rate it!

Would I return to the Rex? No. Could I recommend the Rex? No. Was it worth £95.00? A definite No. You'd be better off at the Premier Inn!!

I have one rule when booking accommodation - if I'm paying a decent amount it should be better than my own home & the Rex really isn't a patch on it!

I've stayed in many hotels over the years, so I like to give a fair & honest opinion that I believe will enable others to make correct choices. The Rex won't appreciate my views but they also cannot dispute them!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sam201962
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for just one night paid £81 for a twin with balcony and sea view. Small room no 2 but lovely views. Hotel is somewhat tired and in desperate need of some investment and decoration. Saying that it's cleanish and the staff are friendly and polite. Breakfast was good and parking very close is all included which is convenient and great for the price. Walls are thin so you can here lots and the plumbing is old so you get the pipes singing in the morning!! Funny I haven't heard that for years!! Yes you get the noise from the sea facing room and all the drunks making their way home. But you expect this and were only jealous!! Anyway would we stay here again absolutely for this price.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2014

location could not be better. staff very good.breakfast beautifully cooked and presented but a bit mean, one sausage ! some late night noise but not too bad. overall pretty good value. you can park right outside the hotel but be sure to get a permit from reception, i saw someone get a ticket myself. the wi fi is free and available in all areas. my only gripe is that the bed could have been better

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank gapram
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

The sea front location is impressive although facing the view does incur disturbance from late night revellers.

Accommodation is ok: clean but of mediocre "classical" British hotel type. My breakfast consisted of tinned fruit and boil in bag kippers.
Not worth £90 IMHO.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank changelingscuba
Reviewed 13 March 2014

A comfortable hotel with a good breakfast. Had a room on the second floor overlooking the beach - nice to wake up on a sunny day to a beautiful view. Parking is right outside with a permit. The hotel can supply a radio-alarm if requested.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephen100
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Came here with my partner for a weekend break. We found that we were welcomed on our arrival and were booked in very promptly. We had to pay refundable £20 deposit for a parking permit which was ideal as we managed to get parked right outside the hotel. I would Imagine that in the main holiday season if you are staying to take the additional garage parking that is offered at £8 per day. The room was pleasant and we were on the 3rd floor with a sea view which was nice. Sleep quality was very good. The location is excellent right in the heart of Weymouth with plenty bars and shops around the corner from the Hotel. We only had breakfast on the last morning we were there and it was very good, we did not eat an evening meal but were recommended it was very good, we opted to eat at the Dorset Burger Company which was excellent and only round the corner. So in all I would recommend this hotel if you are going to Weymouth it very good

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple