“excellent”
Review of Hotel Rex

Hotel Rex
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Weymouth
Reviewed 30 April 2014

my wife and i stayed here overnight on the 18th of april. we had a balcony room with views overlooking the beach and prom which were beautiful. let me start by saying that the staff at the hotel were absolutely brilliant couldnt do enough for you and always polite,the room was spotless and so was the bathroom. they let us in the room early as it was ready which was a bonus. the breakfast the next morning was lovely plenty of choice we would definately go back hopefully for longer next time

Room Tip: balcony room beautiful views
1  Thank bedrockMerthyr

Reviewed 25 April 2014

The staff here from manager to chamber were the best, so friendly and helpful, nothing was too much for them to do for you. Sea views to some rooms were great.
I would for sure go they again and again.
Good luck to everyone there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We are a couple in our 50s and chose this hotel for it's location. We stayed in Room 3 overlooking the beach, with a balcony. The bedroom was fine, and the bathroom was too. Clean large bath sheets every day. Constant hot water both for the shower and the huge bath. Central heating worked a treat. We got the car parking permit and left our car in the nearby sea port terminal car park, a walk of about 3 minutes.
The small fairground is just outside and this caused absolutely no problems. A short walk around the back streets brings you straight onto the main shopping area with Tesco just a minute walk away for "the hole in the wall".
Breakfast was plentiful, with choices so something for everyone.
Only downside for Hotel Rex - Think it is time to invest in some new bed linen and pillows. Ours were worn out and had seen better days.
We would return as overall a nice welcoming hotel.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Just back from a night away at the hotel Rex. I find it very odd with some of the comments put on here about the hotel.Myself and my partner found the hotel to be very clean,the staff were great,and the veiw from our room(no 19) was very good indeed.The breakfast was very good,and for someone who cannot eat a lot due to my illness,the food came out hot,and i enjoyed it.We would return here for another break soon.

Alan & elaine

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Just spent the Easter weekend at the Rex hotel - it was a nostalgic break for myself & my family as the last time we were there so were our parents & that was 9 years ago!

The hotel hasn't changed much over the years & is in need of some TLC! We booked rooms at the back of the hotel which were smaller, but we had high hopes. Unfortunately they were not that great! Clean yes, but in need of an upgrade (dents in the walls & stains on the carpets) & the bed was most uncomfortable!! However at what I thought was £52.50 a night (as per my check-in chit), I thought it was reasonable. This was not the room rate I had originally had from Booking.com, but thought the hotel had changed it due to the type of accommodation (the cheapest in the Rex).

On departure today I was charged £95.00 per room. When I questioned the cost the manager said why did I not I complain before as he would've checked me out & re-sold the rooms to someone else?! How funny that the attitude of the staff changed like the flick of a switch when I queried something?! So the manager would have happily cancelled my reservation after I'd especially driven to Weymouth if I'd said something on arrival? Charming!!

On a positive note Elliott in the Restaurant was an extremely pleasant & helpful young man & I wish him well for the future!! The breakfast was fine & the meal we had to celebrate a birthday was very nice.

The hotel's soundproofing isn't very good, especially if you are a light sleeper & Saturday night was incredibly rowdy (outside) until the early hours!!

Weymouth isn't as nice as I remember, as I'd been really looking forward to visiting Brewers Quay, but this is now like a 'flee market', & not 'upmarket' like it used to be. Very disappointing!! Even the locals don't rate it!

Would I return to the Rex? No. Could I recommend the Rex? No. Was it worth £95.00? A definite No. You'd be better off at the Premier Inn!!

I have one rule when booking accommodation - if I'm paying a decent amount it should be better than my own home & the Rex really isn't a patch on it!

I've stayed in many hotels over the years, so I like to give a fair & honest opinion that I believe will enable others to make correct choices. The Rex won't appreciate my views but they also cannot dispute them!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sam201962
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for just one night paid £81 for a twin with balcony and sea view. Small room no 2 but lovely views. Hotel is somewhat tired and in desperate need of some investment and decoration. Saying that it's cleanish and the staff are friendly and polite. Breakfast was good and parking very close is all included which is convenient and great for the price. Walls are thin so you can here lots and the plumbing is old so you get the pipes singing in the morning!! Funny I haven't heard that for years!! Yes you get the noise from the sea facing room and all the drunks making their way home. But you expect this and were only jealous!! Anyway would we stay here again absolutely for this price.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2014

location could not be better. staff very good.breakfast beautifully cooked and presented but a bit mean, one sausage ! some late night noise but not too bad. overall pretty good value. you can park right outside the hotel but be sure to get a permit from reception, i saw someone get a ticket myself. the wi fi is free and available in all areas. my only gripe is that the bed could have been better

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo