“Enjoyable visit”

Price range: US$7 - US$32
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Springhead Pub and Restaurant is located at the heart of the small Dorset village of Sutton Poyntz. Quietly tucked away beneath the chalk downs, the village has a unique beauty which awaits discovery, a mile from the World Heritage Jurassic Coast, and only 3 miles north-west of Weymouth town centre.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited here for the first time with my family. I had read a lot of reviews prior to my visit so was excited to visit. The pub was busy with them showing football in the pub; Subsequently service was pretty slow. The staff that served us were all friendly and polite. The food was nice but not as nice as I was expecting. I ordered the vegetarian pasta with pesto, and it was so
drenched in oil, it wasn’t pleasant, and I could not finish it. Other party members who ordered different things to me were all pleased with their meals, so think I was just unlucky with my choice. A few desserts were ordered and they were all yummy. The outside area is great. Great play area for children with lots of picnic benches to sit on. I would visit here again but as it was quite an expensive meal out, only as a special treat. Thank you.

2  Thank Snapex18

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited this place with friends parking was terrible we managed to find a parking place only to be shouted at by some male person from across the street that we couldn’t park where we were parked he then proceeded to follow us into the restaurant still demanding the car was removed, we ordered our drinks when the manager came to our table on instructions from the owner to say we were not going to be served unless the car was move he then proceeded to “escort “ us out of the door in no politel way. Would I recommend this place definitely not the owner and manager need to be trained in people skills

2  Thank patricia h
Gelfy B, Public Relations Manager at The Springhead, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Patricia, your story about your visit is a very different version to what actually happened and i think it only fair to our staff that the i tell it. You parked on a neighbouring property’s parking space which has a large red sign saying ‘No Parking’ The neighbour asked you very politely twice to move out of the space onto the pub car park. You completely ignored him and went into the pub and sat down. Our manager had to intervene and again politely asked you to move it. Your language back to him in front of other customers was very rude. It’s a shame you didn’t just move the car from the private space and were enable to enjoy your visit to us.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who was involved in our silver wedding anniversary party on Saturday. We had the most fantastic day and night . The food was excellent and the service couldn’t have been better. This isn’t the first time we have had a party and all of them have been amazing . Now to plan the next one . Thanks again everyone.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Stopped in for evening meal on way into Weymouth. We were looking for a country type pub and we found the Springhead. It is besed in a little village with a small brook running through it which was very picturesque.
I had a carrot and corriander soup to start which was quite strong tasting but very nice, I followed it up with some bangers and mash, wife had a steak. Both meals were very nice.
There is a nice beer garden at the rear with some grassy bits for kids to run around.
all in all a good evening stop.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

We booked in advance. Drinks were good- wide choice of beers. Food was nice. I had sausage and mash which I think is possibly the best I've had- the gravy was just fantastic. Staff were very helpful and the Manager (Owner?)was great.
Would we go back- absolutely