“A GOOD PLACE TO STAY”

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Weymouth
Cardiff
“A GOOD PLACE TO STAY”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I recently spent two nights at this establishment and would be happy to recommend it to other travellers.I use Premier Inns on a frequent basis and would say that the quality here is roughly equal to the national brand.
I was located in a ground floor room and on the first nights stay it was fine.However on the next night I was awakened by the loud sound of creaking floorboards from the room above at approx. 5-45 am on a Sunday morning and which totally ruined a good nights sleep with a long drive ahead of me..However in fairness to the local management I would say this.I find this to be a bit of a problem in most Premier Inns where there can be noise intrusion from the room above and so it is not just limited to this establishment,but on this occaisson it was pretty bad..It is for this reason that I invariably ask for a room on the top floor but in this instance I was checking in somewhat rushed and accepted a room on the ground floor.The next morning however I explained my complaint at Reception and with no argument they accepted my complaint and honoured their price promise of a good nights sleep refund.It is for this reason that I trust Premier Inns and continue to use them as they provide good value and keep to their price promise.I do hope however that they will fix the problem so that it does not be an issue to another traveller! I would therefore be quite happy to return here for a visit.Sadly however I am not so complimentary with regards to the adjoining Brewers Fayre and which I have reviewed separately.

Room Tip: Seek a room on the first floor to avoid creaking floorboards in the night!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank gardenmanCardiff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Just as good as expected. I've never been let down by a premier. Parking free, near to seafront although not actually on it. Good food , comfortable room. Little bit out of town

If you choose their meal deal for the evening, don't order your drink first as a drink is part of the deal which we didn't realise and ordered drinks first and paid for them but it was sorted out to our satisfaction and was refunded without a fuss.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2nights in aug. The hotel is brill. Clean today AMAZING comfy beds. It's a great location. You cross the road and your in the beach. You can then walk to the right to the town all a the seafront. You must walk round the little side streets and to the harbour. I've been to Weymouth many a times but the beach and sea front has obviously been updated and it looks amazing for it :-)

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marmitelover1
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We have gone back for a second time nice big bed clean rooms and a good shower but over bath only one room with a wet room no 7 would like to have a bit more space to hang clothes all right for 1 or 2 nights but not for more. Staff for the hotel+ bar are very good and helpfull bus stops are outside the hotel to weymouth and lots off parking If you need it nice walk along the front to weymouth about 15 mins

Room Tip: If you like a shower room 7
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

My daughter lives in Weymouth. We visit her just before Christmas and when I say we I mean my parents and myself. My dad is in a wheel chair so they have a disabled room for easier access. The rooms are always clean, tidy and light. We have always had a good nights sleep here and the staff are always polite and friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Charmed1-64
Broxbourne
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Just spent 3 days here and it was lovely, didn't do breakfast cos it's always in the pub next door. Bed slightly smaller than previous inns and storage open plan and untidy, but no road noise. Only complaint is trying to find it. It's behind the Loder Pub at the other end from town. Nice walk into town about 25 minutes along the sea front,

Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed for three nights in this Premier Inn and, as usual, the room was spotless, the staff, without exception were friendly and very helpful. The hotel is a little out of town but there is a bus service nearby. However, the bus stops running at about 8.30 p.m. but it's a nice walk back after dinner in town. We had breakfast in Brewers Fayre, which is next door and you could choose either a Continental or full English - eat all you want. Again, the staff were very attentive and pleasant, especially Gill, who seemed to be in charge. They have different menu's each night e.g. Indian/fish and chips etc. We were slightly put off by negative reviews but we went to the Indian night and it was rather good and the house wine was very reasonable. Would recommend all Premier Inns if you want a good clean bed at a reasonable price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple