“Food lovely”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Fish & Chip (take-away) Shop
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I would rate it much higher if it weren't for the service. The food is lovely, I have been quite a few times, but all the staff I have come across seem to be rude teenagers who just talk amongst themselves and lack any sort of customer service skills. Doesn't look great for the business at all if they don't even make it a priority to employ nice staff...

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Just had a lunch time special cod and chips plus a pot of curry and a coke.

There was a bit of a debate whether there was enough chips for my meal, concluding there was, but I would argue there wasn't! That aside, the quality of the fish, batter and chips were excellent. Would have got a 5 all round if I had another handful if chips. Will se what happensa on my next visit as the quality will take me back.

Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

Good chip shop. The portions are huge but then again you are paying hiked prices. That said, the quality of the fish seems excellent. They also boast a bit more of an extensive menu than your average uk chippy... caviar and some more exotic fish types.

Living local and having ordered a few times we find that 2 portions of large fish and chios is enough for 4 people to share!

Reviewed 4 May 2013

good service fresh clean shop staff well mannered and clean and in uniform. freshly cooked , well wrapped good portions

Reviewed 30 April 2013

I have used Caviar Plaice half a dozen times and found it to be excellent. The staff are always very friendly and the food is cooked to order. Portions are generous but not excessive. I find the menu a little confusing though as the same meal can be a different price at lunchtime compared to evening. There are also different prices for OAPs but I am not sure if these are smaller portions. This is my nearest chippie, but even if it wasn't, Iwould be happy to travel to it.