Sailors Return
  • Breakfast included
Russell Hotel(Weymouth)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewsfriendly local pubdays fishingromantic weekendrooms are basicharbour sidetwo nightsquaysidepubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We have just enjoyed two nights at The Sailors Return. From the moment we arrived we were given fantastic, personal service from Dan, Jackie & their team. The karaoke on Friday night was great fun. The children enjoyed crabbing from the harbour wall opposite and the darts matches kept them well entertained. The landlord keeps a good pint and the hearty breakfast is perfect for the morning after! A great location overlooking the harbour and excellent value for money. We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Received a warm welcome, nothing was too much trouble, very caring genuine staff. Well appointed, spacious, very clean warm room overlooking the harbour and bridge which was lit up at night. Own access door for residents after hours so could come and go as I pleased. Great weekend, live music venue. Good cooked breakfast! Perfect location to explore coastline from, will be going back for longer next time as shops and beaches in walking distance....Oh and as a bonus taxis were cheap and reliable for a night out, used Bee cars.

Room Tip: Rooms 7 and 8 have the sea view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rebecca H
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We only popped in for a quick drink and ended up staying all afternoon and into the evening!! There was live music playing from 3 and the singer was excellent and good fun!! we were served by Kate who was lovely, even making us trays of sandwiches which were lovely. Thank you all for a great last day of our weekend. We will be back!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tinkerbellerules
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The Sailors Return is pretty well what it says on the box. It is a Harbour Quay Inn of the traditional type. You will find it full of Skippers and Fishermen mainly because their boats are parked right outside.

Its a busy place. I stayed there last Saturday Night before a fishing trip with friends. I traveled alone but was alone for about 10mins in the bar. There was a band on and a great atmosphere.

I have read most of the reviews and can't help thinking that most of the complainers should really have been booked in to the Holiday Inns or better. This is a working Inn with "rooms."

I had the room at the top of the house, up steep stairs with shared facilities. So WHAT! It is what I booked and expected a comfortable bed for the night, some atmosphere and company.

The Fisherman's Breakfast in the morning was really great.

I can't help thinking that people should book the type of accommodation they want and I can't find anything in the description of this Inn that is in any way misleading.

As Arnie says " I'll be Back!" Thanks to all at the Return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Bryan O
Reviewed 27 September 2013

myself and my 8 and 11 yr old stayed during July this year 2013 as we were travelling down for a relatives funeral, the room above the pub did smell of old smoke and air freshener but the bedding was clean, the whole upstairs needs renovating but for the price [£75} total was a good price for what we had considering its fantastic location. The staff at the bar was very helpful when we got there and we were shown up to the room, I opened a cupboard which held the tv and there was a dirty cup/jug but I just closed it again! I realised I couldn't lock the door and then noticed it was because the lock had been smashed/knocked off....the bar staff was very helpful and rang the owner immediately to come and put a lock on but we had to leave our things in the room unlocked, there isn't any storage in the room but its ok for one night. how this missing door lock was not noticed is a mystery, the bathrooms were clean and tidy and nearby, it was slightly noisy at night but not too late and its to be expected over a pub. In the morning the breakfast service was FANTASTIC THANKS TO VICKY !!! who I told I would mention her in my review, she really made the stay worth it, she was great with the kids and cant do enough to help you, she really was the icing on the cake with regards to my initial opinion of the place, she is a credit to the sailors Return and I hope her employers know this !!! when we came back to the pub to get the new key a few hours after we had arrived, we only had to walk in and she knew we were the family that had come for the new key etc, , I was very impressed, thank you Vicky/Vicki?! for making the stay great at the last minute!!!! as for the parking I had to pay £10 for 24 hrs to park on the bowling alley nearby but this is because I didn't prebook a parking pass

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family