“Basic but perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marina Court

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Marina Court
“Basic but perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Although the room could be abit bigger it's a old building but you are on the doorstep of the beach cross the road and it's there also it's only a 5 minute walk from the town centre,
Breakfast is a little early for me 8:30-9:30 so we never went, free parking round the rear how ever it's very narrow quite close to each other's doors but we parked at the back as we didn't need the car.
If I was to go back to weymouth I would use this place again but a sea view next time

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John19206

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 4 1 night with my partner after a week @ glasto.
Positives: run by a very friendly and accommodating couple
Free parking
Large room with a sea view and a balcony
Nice breakfast with good bacon
Comfortable beds

Negatives
The wall between our room & our neighbours was very thin & we were both kept awake by our neighbour snoring, I feel they may need to thicken this wall especially during the holidays when they r likely to be full with families
The toilet didn't work even though we followed the instructions & didn't flush anything other than toilet waste, however it is very valuable to have an ensuite inside the room.
The sausages at breakfast could of been of a higher quality

Would we stay again? Definitely
Would we recommend? Yes

Tip - try oasis bistro on the harbour, it's the best fish restaurant I have ever eaten in! :-)

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bristol, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I am writing this review as my parents have just returned from a four night stay. They had a double room with a lovely sea view. Bed comfortable and a very good breakfast. Perfect location with car parking.
But what stands out about the Owner Marion is her customer service. It was my fathers birthday and the booking was a last minute decision. I contacted the B& B to see if they could help me arrange a cake and bubbly giving less than 24 hours notice. Marion made a special trip to the shops for me and also printed off a birthday letter to my Father to give to him. nowadays this type of customer service is just drying a death, as to speak, and this is what makes this B and B stand out from the rest. The attention to personal customer service really stood out, my parents were made to feel special and important, thank you Marion keep up the good work it does not go un noticed.

Room Tip: I would go for a sea view if possible
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Great location and free car parking. The breakfast was first class, freshly cooked to order, could not fault it. We had room 1 which was right at the top in the attic. Plenty of room and very clean, however, a lot of stairs to walk up. If your not fit you will struggle. The downside was there was no Wi-Fi on the top floor which was a big let down for me as I needed to do a bit of work and couldn't unless I sat downstairs in the lounge, this needs to be sorted as free Wi-Fi is advertised! Apart from that, a first class B&B clean, and good hosts. Would I recommend it, YES.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had a few days here and we had a lovely family room facing the sea. The room was very clean, comfortable beds and good hot shower. We really enjoyed breakfast here. Very good value, cereals, juices, yoghurts, toast and a cooked breakfast, in a bright and cheerful breakfast room. Service was excellent and the landlady helped us with planning our stay and pointing out money off coupons for main attractions. A thoroughly enjoyable stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Because we stayed during the "off season" parking was secure and easy. I can however imagine difficulties during high season, but then that will be the same everywhere.

We received a very warm welcome by the owner who was very helpful. The hotel is in an ideal location with superb views of the bay. All amenities were close and easy to get to.

The room was excellent with all you need for your stay, and the breakfast is one of the very best I have had.

I have no problem recommending this hotel and will certainly be staying there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hugh C
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Just like to say thank you for our stay with you, after the Richmoor Hotel let us down, we had really nice sea view rooms and breakfast was very good, the hotel was very clean, I would recommend it.

Easy walks to every where loads of fish and Chip shops.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends