“Weymouth's Top Attraction?”

Stuart Wiltshire Glass
Ranked #2 of 14 Tours in Weymouth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Glassblowing Experience, Approximately 30mins full details on web site. Hand impressions in Glassblowing/making demonstrations, if I'm not doing Experiences! From 10:30 to 15:30
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Weymouth's Top Attraction?”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

My wife paid for me to have a 3 hour glass blowing experience with Stuart, the owner. Wow! I had done it once before, 2 years ago at another studio. This was far better, I was given much more freedom during the various processes than the previous time. Stuart was an excellent tutor, only intervening at the last minute to prevent anything going awry. He was extremely calm and concise in his instructions. I made a ring stand, bracelet holder, cranberry scent bottle with stopper, a Christmas tree decorative glass ball and a stunning coloured bowl, all to a high standard thanks to his guidance. An experience not to be missed particularly if you have any artistic leanings or skills. I will be doing it again!
If you don't feel like the challenge yourself just go along to be tempted to buy from his gallery and watch him at work showing his great skill as a glassblower. You can also have a glass cast of your baby's hands/feet made as a family keepsake or even commission your own special hand made piece at a reasonable cost.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Phantasy

Bedford, England
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Brilliant time, a real insight”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

What a brilliant afternoon. Blowing glass, making tumblers, swans, dish and an attempt at a light house. The atmosphere is relaxed, a great interaction with these skilled artists and a real insight into glass making. Whether for fun, for a course, or for making presents as gifts for others, this is just a fantastic way to spend the day. Attached is our light house for which Stuart will distance himself. What a laugh.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank SteveDirect
Bedford, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing Freeform glass blowing experience”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Had an amazing afternoon at Freeform in Weymouth. My husband and I made a lighthouse, 5 tumblers, 2 swans and a lovely red dish.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Juliet D
Cardiff, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Amazing art and friendly artists”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We were looking for something to do after bowling and Freeform Studio Glass caught our eye. What was on show was absolutely amazing to look at and the sculptor was talkative and explained what he was doing. He then informed us that they were about to finish for the day and let us watch as he made a tiny little glass horse which we all found awesome (I think "wow" was the reaction to his skill from of most in our group). The price of things is not all student friendly but no one seemed to mind that we were treating it as an exhibition not a shop (although I'm sure he wished we bought something and to be honest so do I). Well worth a look if you've got 5-10 minutes to kill or are interested in buying some amazing glass work.

Visited April 2013