“Excellent”

Stuart Wiltshire Glass
Ranked #2 of 14 Tours in Weymouth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Glassblowing Experience £50 per person Approximately 30mins full details on web site. Hand impressions in glass from £20 Glassblowing/making demonstrations, if I'm not doing Experiences! From 10:30 to 15:30
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Visited here on Sat 25th as had a voucher for two for Xmas. My daughter and I were part of a group of 6 visiting the studio that day. If you were the last two in the group there was a fair bit of waiting around, but that said, we were the first two to have a go ( we both chose to make perfume bottles) when we had finished we just had to stay and watch the rest, as did the couple after us. Stuart was a great teacher very patient, humorous and apologetic to those waiting. We enjoyed this so much that we want to go again and try making something else, the vases and tumblers that were made after us looked fantastic (and the bowl,sorry). Also while waiting we were supplied / offered tea or coffee from Stuarts assistants. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to friends and family. Also if you want to buy a gift that is just that bit unusual go down and see what he has for sale, I could have spent a fortune. Thank you!!

1  Thank michwey264
in 4 reviews
"explained everything"
"great morning"

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Had a fabulous time learning to make whiskey tumblers today. Stuart is very friendly and relaxed and makes you feel relaxed even though the idea of dealing with molten glass is terrifying. His work his has on display is amazing and suffice to say I didn't leave empty handed

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Nervous first timer looking to try something new. Good place to be on a grey day as it really is warm enough in the glassmaking area to wear shorts. You can look at the glass on display which is in all sorts of colours and styles from elegant swirling bowls, sophisticated vases to cute glass pigs and little glass hearts. Got set at ease by Stuart and guided through the process, chose my colours and set about making my very first glass object, a vase. It is magical seeing an object take shape that you have had a hand in, you blow gently and the glass changes flowing into new shapes. I hope to have another go in the future, thanks to Stuart for his patient instruction.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

A Christmas present for my son! Stuart was a great Teacher, friendly, helpful and very informative! I would encourage everyone to try this experience, young and old! FANTASTIC!

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I purchased a voucher for a 'glass blowing experience' as a present for my lovely Wife (Hazel) as I know that she has always been fascinated by this art and craft.

She has just returned from this experience and is "over the moon".....in over three quarters of a century living on this planet, in all of her 75+ years this was one of her best ever days.

This next paragraph is written by Hazel herself: THANK YOU STUART...Thank you for your friendliness, your care and attention, your detailed explainations of all the processes, and your great assistance in helping me to make my very own piece of glassware.....WONDERFUL!!

To conclude all I can say is that if you are anywhere within a couple of hours drive from Weymouth YOU WILL ENJOY A VISIT.

1  Thank InnesDorchester