“A Truly Fun Experience!”

Stuart Wiltshire Glass
Ranked #3 of 16 Tours in Weymouth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Glassblowing Experience £50 per person Approximately 30mins full details on web site. Hand impressions in glass from £20 Glassblowing/making demonstrations, if I'm not doing Experiences! From 10:30 to 15:30
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The glass-blowing experience was a birthday present from my husband and thank goodness he thought of it because I had a great time!

Stuart is very thorough in explaining the process you will go through before you get started, so you're right at ease with what will happen and in what order (although thankfully, you don't have to remember it all). The setting is small enough and relaxed enough that you don't feel too intimidated either, which helps you to relax into it all.

I was surprised at how heavy all of it is - so thank goodness Stuart helps carry the pole and glass! I would never have managed by myself.

I couldn't really pinpoint one favourite moment...although I'm sure that when my bowl arrives through the post, it'll be right up there! Stuart's colleague very kindly demonstrated how to make a BEAUTIFUL swirly straw/drink stirrer from glass (it was stunning) and between that, Stuart's general manner and the experience of actually moulding something beautiful from what looks like molten lava, I just can't recommend it highly enough. I'll be going back at some point to make something else! (P.S - ask them to show how to make a horse/swan. It'll blow you away, even when they think they've done a rubbish job of it).

1  Thank VikkiCook27
in 8 reviews
"for sale"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We decided to do glass blowing as an anniversary experience and we were not disappointed. Stuart was an absolute pleasure to spend the morning with and he taught us a great deal. We have already told many people about the experience and will continue to do so. We will be back for sure and hope that one day Stuart will expand his business to Poole, Dorset! A great all round experience, you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Have just done a workshop with 6 colleagues from work. We all enjoyed it and are looking forward to picking up our completed (master) pieces tomorrow. Great value and Stuart was a patient attentive teacher! We will be return.....Thanks!

1  Thank Pen53
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I took our 15 year old son on a beginner lesson (who came along 'because we had told him to'). We all had a great time and made 2 glasses each, all different colours. He was so welcoming and talked us through each stage. By the time we'd finished, our son had asked to come back and make something else ! Thank you Stuart and we will definitely be recommending you.

1  Thank Lisa C