Stuart Wiltshire Glass

Reviewed 11 October 2018
Anonymousmrs
Swanage, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews glass blowing experience great teacher whole process molten glass amazing experience his craft end product patient teacher hand and foot glass studio every step of the way finished product lovely glass beautiful pieces birthday present my mum on display
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I asked Stuart to make a small, individual piece as a gift for a special friend. He was happy to accept the commission and took plenty of time to discuss my exact requirements and to explain some of the possibilities of which I was ignorant.

We agreed a final design and price and arranged a day and time for me to record my piece being made.

Such is his skill, Stuart makes the production of glass objects appear easy!

I viewed, photographed, and paid for my gift the following day. Stuart inscribed and signed the piece, then packed it well, ready for him to despatch by courier.

An enjoyable experience from start to finish!

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I were given the glass blowing experiemce as a gift in August. Initially I was a bit nervous, however Stuart is an amazing, positive , fun and capable teacher. A very skilled and highly experienced glass blower.
My daughter and I made beautiful vases which we are very proud of. Highly recommened!

Reviewed 4 October 2018

My husband and I received this experience as a birthday gift and what a wonderful and memorable present it has been. Stuart is highly knowledgeable, professional but friendly and able to put you at your ease; which resulted in us blowing some great pieces which we will treasure. We were never rushed and were given lots of opportunity to take some fantastic photos. Thank you Stuart!! We bought the Hand and Foot casting as a gift for our new grandson. Highly recommend, I know that we will return to increase our collection! .

Reviewed 13 September 2018

I booked this workshop for my friend’s special birthday. Not only did we have a fantastic experience being tutored by Stuart in glassblowing, we also both came away with beautiful items that we will treasure. Stuart is a great teacher and provides loads of opportunities to take photos throughout the process. Safety is a priority for Stuart and he ensured we were well prepared and informed about each step before we completed it, with his expert guidance and help. I would highly recommend this workshop and I’m sure we will be back to do it again!

Reviewed 1 September 2018

I booked this for my boyfriend and I to do together, as I’ve been wanting to try glass blowing for years! We both made a couple of tumblers each, each one a different colour.
Stuart talked us through the process before we began and then helped us through each step. It was great fun and really interesting to learn how glasses are made and watch the colours swirl around the glass. Can’t wait to drink a gin and tonic from our hand made glasses!
We will definitely be back to make more things. Great value for money and a really enjoyable experience. There are also lots of beautiful things available to purchase in the studio. Highly recommend for couple, but it would also be a great family or group activity. Thank you Stuart!

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Had a glass blowing experience with my wife Debbie and son Daniel. It was a great experience and Stuart was a very skilled and friendly instructor. He was great with my son Daniel who has dyspraxia and his instruction was easy to follow. I made the tumblers but enjoyed it so much I went back for more and made the vase Debbie made a vase as Daniel made tumblers. I would definitely recommend having a go at this unique and interesting art.i most certainly would have no reservations in recommending this to anyone and probably will do it again myself next time I’m down in Weymouth again.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Fantastic experience at the Stuart Wiltshire workshop. Made some Christmas baubles and drinks tumblers. Clear instructions and help, and a fantastic experience glass blowing. Would highly recommend to anyone!

Reviewed 24 August 2018

24/08/2018 today I tried glass blowing I’m 57 and I loved it Stuart is brilliant teacher if he,s looking for an apprentice I’d like to apply it was fantastic experience plus I get to keep my pieces thank you Stuart

Reviewed 19 August 2018

Our children bought us this experience for our 40th Wedding anniversary. Stuart was very professional and though he obviously did a lot of the making we were given full instructions on what was happening and how to make our products. I was surprised that the articles we made were so big and professional looking. He was keen to let us get good photos along the way.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

Stuart is highly energetic and knowledgeable, putting us at our ease and encouraging us to blow some great pieces which we will treasure for years. Throughout our workshop he was chatty and able to go beyond a formula workshop, helping us to get the best from our session. I felt so at ease I didn't mind visitors watching me learning - thank you!