“So much to see, where to start!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Brewers Quay

Brewers Quay
Ranked #3 of 18 Shopping in Weymouth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Under new management since April 2015! Back in February 2013 two local dealers decided to take a chance and look to re - open the then derelict Brewers Quay building. The building had over 100 leaks, rotten floors and needed a lot of re-wiring. Working alongside the owners, Brewers Quay Investments, Brewers Quay Emporium was open to the public by Easter 2013. Other traders followed including an Italian restaurant, a bar and a D-Day Museum. By September 2013 the Arts and Crafts Bazaar had been opened, a furniture village and a contemporary art gallery. With these all now open it meant that the Weymouth and Portland museum was reborn in January 2014. Today Brewers Quay offers a unique setting for over 120 traders dealing in antiques, collectables and gifts. The site also offers a cafe offering a range of sandwiches, cream teas, coffee and other drinks. Recently new plans have been put forward for this site to be redeveloped, however Brewers Quay Emporium has had its lease extended until September 2017. Any visitors not been for a while will find it has changed significantly, it is a retail outlet of antiques, collectables, retro and arts craft and gift ware. Gone are the time walk, deli shops etc. But we would hope any visitors who have a interest in reused and re-loved goods will enjoy this unique setting. If anyone wanting to view inside the building can go to Google Maps and view our tour.
Somerset
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 158 helpful votes
“So much to see, where to start!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

To be honest, I liked Brewers Quay more when it was a tourist attraction, but obviously in those days it didn't make money. Congratulations are therefore due to whoever decided to open it up as an antiques and collectibles centre. There are so many displays in so many rooms that I think I've never actually seen everything! If you're looking to buy, or to browse, then this is the place!
Also being situated in Hope Square means that you are in the midst of Weymouths "cafe culture" on The sunday afternoon we visited there was live music in the square, where else would one want to be on a hot sunny summers afternoon, but wandering around the Brewers Quay and enjoying a lovely cold beer listening to the music outside on one of the numerous cafe /bars!

Visited July 2014

Dorset, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Oh my word!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

What an amazing shopping experience! Antiques paradise, loved it! I will be back as u maxed my bank card this time

Visited July 2014
1 Thank jason d
Truro, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Wonderfully Quirky!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Oh my goodness!! What a fantastic place!! I could have spent all day in this Aladdin's Cave! I was concerned my teenage sons would get bored but, no, they loved it too!! My youngest son was immediately drawn to a large collection of LPs (his music is his passion) and my purse was called upon quite soon after he'd found them! But at only £1 per album, I really didn't mind!

We visited whilst on holiday so I had to be aware there wasn't much boot space in the car, otherwise I would have bought a lot more than I did!!

When we return to Weymouth, we will definitely be returning to Brewers Quay!

1 Thank FifiWatt
London, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Great its open again :) ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Loved going here when i was a kid, lovely to see it back open and busy again like it used to be. Weymouth wasn't the same when this place shut for a few years.

1 Thank Luke428
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We Went when it was open before and we loved it and now we love it since it has re opened keep up the good work please don't shut again

Visited June 2014