Premier Inn Weymouth Hotel
Russell Hotel(Weymouth)
Orbitz.com
Good 3.5/5
  • Beachfront
All reviewspark and ridebeefeater next doorbeefeater restaurantair conbusiness parklarge sainsburysbeef eatermeal dealquiet hotelbuilding workfamily roomgood nights sleepnight's sleepcomfortable bedstwo nightsone night staytown centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This Premier Inn ticked all the boxes for me. I know they are essentially a chain, but they do vary. A lot of times it's down to the staff and I have to say that all the staff I came into contact with at this hotel were friendly, cheerful and helpful.

The hotel itself is easy to find - it's just off the Weymouth relief road. Not much in the surrounding area, but there is a very large (good) Sainsburys next door, a petrol station with reasonably priced fuel and a Beefeater. There's plenty of parking at the hotel - it does get busy in the evenings particularly, but if you go behind the hotel there is further parking there and it's well lit. The park and ride service into town is a short walk away.

I'll deal with the hotel first. It's a new hotel so it's very clean and modern. Housekeeping seemed to be to a high standard. The rooms have all the facilities you would expect from a P.I. Decent sized flat-screen TV and tea / coffee making facilities. No problems with hot water, shower etc.
The P.I. was very busy on the nights that I stayed and I was concerned about potential noise, but as it turned out I had no problems in this respect. Check in and out was quick and efficient.

I did use the Beefeater for dinner and had a very nice meal. The restaurant was very busy as it was a Friday evening during half term, but the staff coped admirably well and waiting times were not excessive. I would advise booking a table through the P.I. reception if you are planning to eat here. The meal was well cooked and presented and I enjoyed it. I can't comment on breakfast as I left early the following morning, but it is also served in the Beefeater.

All in all a very pleasant stay and I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Not much in it really. The rooms on the top floor may have a slightly better view and of course will not run the risk of noisy footsteps overhead.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Zebedee17
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Just returned from two nights stay really easy to find this hotel , and plenty of car parking around the hotel. Staff friendly and booking in was very quick. I did have a problem with our room which was 203 , I like to have it dark at night and our room was lit up by the premier inn sign to the side and in front of our window , took me ages to get off to sleep , didn't bother to complain as thought it would be to much hassle but thought I would let others know. A great base to stay as it has a park and ride really close by, and a sainsburys over the road this is where we had breakfast every morning as it's cheaper than the Beefeater, we ate in Weymouth at night so can't comment about the food in the Beefeater . We would stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mejulie1965
Reviewed 28 May 2014

New hotel not far from the new bypass which made it very easy to get to and very easy for access to the ferry port at Weymouth. As always very good rooms and comfortable beds. Great breakfast at the beefeater across the road. Hot breakfast plus good sausages, not just fat and sawdust that you get sometimes. Good value for money and good ambience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Lovely clean hotel, friendly staff who were happy to assist.
Beefeater staff very friendly and food as expected. For the Beefeater one minor comment when we returned from an evening out elsewhere, there is only a very small area at the back with uncomfortable seating where one can order drinks and coffees to wind down at the end of the evening.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at this new Premier Inn for two nights over the late May Bank Holiday.

The hotel is very new and therefore facilities are modern.

Situated a ten minute bus ride from Weymouth seafront. Plenty of free car parking and very quiet as well away from the main road. A Beefeater restaurant, a very large Sainsbury's and Morrison supermarket situated on the same business park. The Old Spa Inn, a traditional pub is about ten minute walk away, so not completely isolated here !

Facilities are the usual Premier Inn quality standard and check in / out very efficient.

Would not hesitate to stay here again when visiting Weymouth.

Keith & Sunay.

Room Tip: All rooms very similar. Air Con is standard throughout.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple