“Not worthy of a 5* rating more like a 3*” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Chandlers

The Chandlers
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weymouth
The Chandlers
Ranked #149 of 170 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Not worthy of a 5* rating more like a 3*”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

My parents and I stayed at the Chandlers for 3 nights. My parents had a standard double room and I had the single. When I called to book the rooms (directly not through late rooms) I asked if there were any ground floor rooms due to my fathers disability. The lady (which I presume was Di) said that the ground floor room was taken but there was a standard double on the first floor. I said that would be fine.
On arrival at around 6.30pm the front door was locked (it looked like the place was shut up) but there was a bell which we had to press to be let in. Not very welcoming to start with. We were finally let in by a very cheary Mark (but that soon changed).
When checking in we found that all the rooms had been taken on the first floor which meant my dad had a climb 2 flights of stairs, bearing in mind that he had just spent 10 weeks in hospital after a full hip replacement. I wasn't best pleased. The reason Mark gave was that Di hadn't written on the sheet and he had given all the rooms away to other people. My dad then had ordered a mobility scooter to be delivered to the hotel We asked if there was anywhere to leave it out the front and he said no because of health and safety reasons and that it would have to be parked around the back in the other car park. Now correct me if I'm wrong but the reason for having a mobility scooter is so that you don't have to walk miles to get to use it. It seemed that every suggestion we made to him all we got back was " no sorry you can't park it there". I am absolutley appalled at the way he treats disabled people.
There were no hairdryers in the rooms as it says, you have to pay to have tea/coffee replenished each day unless you pay £10. There was never anyone around in reception. I don't know why they have phones in the rooms to ring reception when there is never anyone there. Having been in the catering business for the last 20 years and having the manage our own holiday accomodation in Weymouth we know how important customer feedback is. As for the rating of a 5* its more like a 3*. I don't know who gave them that.
One more thing its amazing after our experience with the hotel how the website has been updated.

Room Tip: Nothing to add
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank japsol

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

This was the first time my boyfriend and I have visited Weymouth, so we didn't know what to expect. When we arrived, there was no parking at the front of the B & B but it was fine to park across the pavement for a few minutes while we checked in. From the moment we entered The Chandlers, we were greeted with a warm smile. The man who checked us in was really kind and helpful, making sure we felt at home (even carrying our bags upstairs for us!). We had booked an Executive Suite for a bit f a treat! The room was modern, spacious and romantic. The bathroom was large with a brilliant powerful shower! There were tea and coffee making facilities which made the place even more homely! In the lounge downstairs are loads of leaflets about the area with a variety of places to eat near the B & B. we chose not to have breakfast as it seemed pricey.

The area was fantastic, the B & B is in prime location! It is just a few minutes walk from the gorgeous Weymouth sea front. There are plenty of restaurants and pubs in the town centre, so you are never short of places to go. When we visited weymouth, we chose to take the steam train from a local town into Swanage. This was a brilliant day out, fun for both adults and children! Another nearby spot that is worth visiting is Poole, which has a gorgeous harbour where you can sit with a Dorset cream tea!

All in all, I would highly recommend this B & B. It is friendly, modern, clean and in the perfect spot! (Recommend the executive suite for an extra little treat!) - will definitely be returning!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed at the chandlers for 1 night, it was really nice rooms decorated well with character. Location ideal as a nice walk after an evening meal.. Would we stay again most definitely. The guy who runs it is a real nice friendly person.. we had parking right outside.
Would defo recommend
The only negative I have I thought the breakfast was over priced.

• Stayed June 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

This B&B claims a 5 star rating, but it surely isn't in my book. I stayed in room 3 which was very small...maybe 8 feet square. It was very clean and the furnishings helped make it look better, but I've stayed in much nicer places (with bigger rooms) for less money (most less than half of what I paid). Over sink light didn't work. It's not on the seafront. In fact it's about 1/2 mile from the seafront where all of the main B&Bs are located. Breakfast was OK, but not something I'd write home about. Best thing about my stay was free parking in front court. Overall, not great value for money (£77 for solo traveller). If I travel to Weymouth again, I'll look in Google for a different place to stay.

Room Tip: If you cannot find a better place to stay in Weymouth, and don't care about the size of the room...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank No1Fox
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

Lovely place to stay, with bonus of parking. Easy and pleasant walk into town along the front. Mark and Diane were excellent hosts with lots of knowledge of the area, what to do and where to go. Breakfast was wonderful, plenty of fresh fruit, good choice of cooked food not just traditional english - can recommend the scrambled eggs and mushrooms. Our room had a spa bath which we unfortunately didn't have time to use, and a very useful separate toilet. Upper end of the price bracket, but worth it.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

Lots of choice for B&B's in Weymouth - Chandlers is at the upper end of the scale. It was very hot when we stayed and the room was boiling. The breakfast was a good standard and a great choice. Friendly owners and great service!

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

mark was helpful and breakfast was good
room although in july was cold, u book in between 4 - 8 and have to check out at 10.30 which we found expensive for the money. could have stayed cheaper at a premier inn or a pub hotel.
as said owners were nice and made u feel welcome but expensive for time you arrive and have to leave so early

Room Tip: we were in the top floor and it was really cold but you could hear the traffice constantly going by...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple