“A good value hotel in a good location.”

The Fairhaven Hotel
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Weymouth
“A good value hotel in a good location.”
Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

Overall an average but the food (breakfast) was good quality and came quickly and the staff were friendly and helpfull both on reception and in the resteraunt. The room was small and clean with clean towels on each of the two days we stayed, however the decor is rather tired and the hotel is due a refurb. The location on the sea front is excellent with pubs, resteraunts and attractions all within a short distance. You can pay for parking at £5 per day which is located behind the hotel or take pot luck on parking on the street using a permit which is supplied by the hotel. A bit of TLC would make this a very good hotel, would I go back? Yes.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Having booked this hotel .before reading the reviews I was a bit concerned about what I was letting myself into.but the hotel is nice.on arrival we was checked in by reception staff who were very helpful. Our room was on the lst floor number 21 it was very clean bathroom had been refurbished it was lovely.couldnt fault breakfast and waiting staff couldnt do enough for you.well worth the £50 a night.we paid extra £10 for guaranted parking which is at the back of the hotel opposite the dining room.I would recommend paying for that parking.we enjoyed our weekend at the fairhaven and will be staying there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The hotel upon arrival was basic to say the least, an extremely un-friendly welcome, women on reception were too busy chatting to notice we were waiting to check in!! The hotel was extremely dated, the noise levels were terrible not because of other guests but by the staff, our room was above the kitchen on the first floor ans the noise continued late into the evening and again first thing we were woken by the army of cleaners talking in the hallway. The room itself was what can only be described as something from the 1970's and not clean enough or worth £70! The breakfast was very minimal and basic. Overall the only good thing about it was the location however even this faltered by the extreme lack of parking! Not worth £70 - very disappointing.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank CJayHill

Travellers are raving about these Weymouth hotels

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Thank god I was only staying for one night! I don't think I could have handled any longer, all the banging and shouting from the night clubs will definitely wake you from 2-4 am. There were also bricks being Flung around outside by the drunken men from the club. There were also fights, 2 or 3 of them happening outside the hotel at around 1 am. This was the worst experience I has ever had in my entire life, I was very unhappy and very grateful I was only staying for one night

• Stayed March 2013
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I wasn't expecting too much having booked before reading the reviews here. But it was fine. Yes a bit run down but clean and my shower room had been recently fitted out and was better than my small (single) room. But some good lounges where I could sit and read with views over the beach, so what's not to like? Breakfast was fine and staff generally welcoming. There was some noise from a club on Saturday but not too intrusive and didn't go on too long. Some school parties were there but they were well behaved sixth formers and reduced the average age of guests and I'm older than a good few hills of my acquaintance.
So I may not have booked if I had read some of the reviews but glad I did since the alternatives along the front don't look too welcoming and I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Rooms in front have sea view. To avoid noise at week ends, sk which are best.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2013

This was the only hotel in Weymouth with vacancies when we were looking for a last minute booking. Now we know why!

Dirty, dated, With indifferent staff and musty rooms. Our room, no 66 was sold as sea view, which it had. What it also had were cobwebs in the window corners and a dead spider on the sill. The carpet was stained and the blanket on the bed was old and matted. Remember those blankets you had on your bed as a kid, which had the satin edging along the top?imagine one of those in a grubby camel colour that had definitely seen better days.

We came in late in the evening after dinner to find a number of pissed up teenagers sprawled around the reception and lounge area, as well as vomit by the lifts.

Wish we could say it didn't matter for one night as it was cheap, because it wasn't.

Will say that it's location is excellent, right on the seafront.

Seemed to cater for mostly aged clientele with some groups thrown in. Breakfast was ok but nothing special, and let's say that the whole tinned tomato on my plate came as abit of a surprise.

Didn't make use of the in room tea making as it looked like it had all been there a long time and the tea and coffee were both unbranded.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, try for a room on the top floor, as then the noise from the disco is reduc...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank StavyT
Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

A lovely location, we got a sea view on the 3rd floor, as others have said it is a little dated, and a maze.
However positives are great views of weymouth. Central to a lot of bars and the town centre.
We enjoyed our stay, manage yr expectations and u wont be dissapointed.

• Stayed September 2012