“Fairhaven has had a coat of paint.”

The Fairhaven Hotel
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Weymouth
“Fairhaven has had a coat of paint.”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

This is the third time we have stayed. The place has been given a lick of paint sinve closing in October.

The place looks tidy, inviting and fresh. It is lovely and warm.

The room 1 over looked the donkeys. A superb bonus. Especially when they are packing away and the donkeys get to roll in the sand.

I recently stayed in a hotel along the front ( look it up) this hotel is a hundread times better and friendlier than the hovel I stayed in before.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katykate1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We have been staying here now for the last 14 years and we have always been satisfied with our stay. For a 2* hotel, this really isn't bad, I've stayed in worse. We always get a fantastic room with a view and great, attentive service, even the staff know us by name now!
The rooms:
The rooms are always very clean with tea/coffee making facilities, television and complementary toiletries. The sheets are as clean as a whistle and so is the bathroom. For the last few years we have stayed in the largest room in the hotel (room 60 and 61) which are both great for sea views!
The food:
The food at this hotel is fantastic and has been prepared by their own personal chef who has been there 40+ years. It is very good quality and the portions are fantastic too. If you want anything extra or taking off your meal, the staff are very happy to do so! If there is nothing you fancy on the menu, you can go next door to the Panorama and have a free meal there too (you have to pay extra for steaks)
The staff:
The reception staff are very helpful, always with the same welcoming faces returning every year. They can't do enough to help you and ensure your stay is a pleasant one! The kitchen and restaurant staff are fantastic! They are extremely attentive and friendly and always ensure that your food is well presented and cooked to your liking. If you require anything, do not hesitate to ask. There is one member of staff in particular who greets us with open arms every year and her name is Maria, a lovely Spanish lady who has worked there for 40 years now. For the amount of years we have been going now, she is almost like family!
The entertainment:
At one time, the entertainment was brilliant with bingo every night and good performers. Over the years, it has gone down the hill a little bit. However, we now go out to other bars, including the one next door (The New Vic). They provide brilliant karaoke!
The holiday overall:
The location:
The location is fantastic, just a few minutes walk from the historic harbour and seconds from the beach. I am sad to say that Brewers Quay is no longer a busy shopping centre, it is now one large antique shop, which is very good! Shame to see the TimeWalk go though...
FANTASTIC as it is every year. Thanks to all the staff who make our stay comfortable! See you next time!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view, Room 37 is fab, 60 and 61 are also good.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bradley A
Widnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

carpets tired, worn and stained, deco 70's. single bedroom like a broom cupboard,couldnt lock bedroom door at night manager says it is because people put snip on and forget then they break, did not feel secure at night in room as it was not locked securely. Not suitable for people with walking difficulties. Money taken from my suitcase manager tried to say I missed placed it as older people do say they have lost something and then it is found later.I don't class myself as old at 55.Manager needs to learn some customer care as he is abrupt and rude would not stay at hotel again are recommend to anyone.#

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank ems158

Travellers are raving about these Weymouth hotels

somerset uk
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Old fashioned. Cold. Smelt of old people. Rude waitress and so so so soo many hairs in the bed. Blonde and black. Hadn't been hovered in years. Dust on the floor by the beds. They only wash the light bedding not the fleeced or throws. Disgusting!

Room Tip: Don't book here.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank sam n
Wincanton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a hen night. Myself and my best friend had a twin room, on entrance you aren't greeted by the staff or reception, we dragged our bags up the stairs and began our journey through the maze of corridors and paper signs with room numbers and arrows printed on them. When we got to our room, it smelt like an old people's home. We thought, oh dear, it will have to do.
When we got back from a great night out in the town, we pulled back the bed sheets (a frilly top cover followed by a thick fleece blanket and a sheet,something not even my gran would do) to find pubic hair and other great clumps of hair on our sheets. To me, that is totally unacceptable. From then on we felt like we were in a dirty used room. The bed sheets smelt damp, there was dust about an inch think on the carpet around the skirting board, the curtains were to small for the window, the decor was just plain awful, the room was freezing, then too hot them too cold. Oh, and they might want to consider getting an excorsist or pest control because there was something scratching from the inside of the walls that kept me and my friend awake all night out of fear. :-D breakfast in the morning felt like it had been sat waitinj around for half an hour, plus the waitress was incredibly rude and pushy. For £70 for one night, I would have rather paid that to take me home to my own bed. Great place to stay if your 80 or over. Otherwise, just sleep on the beach or find somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank jessykinz
Milton Keynes
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We have stayed here before so knew what to expect. We had a plain but clean, adequately furnished sea-view room. The hotel is vast as is the dining room, and is situated right across the road from the beach. It is ideally located for the harbour and cross channel ferry and the staff will accommodate people needing an early breakfast before catching the ferry. We were celebrating a special occasion and several of our friends and relatives stayed here, and were very satisfied. For breakfast there were options of a cooked breakfast, cereals with coffee or tea. The service to the table was good and the food was hot. The hotel is a little old fashioned and needs some updating, but we visited right at the end of the season so this was not unexpected. We found the staff to be helpful and friendly and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room as the back of the hotel is a bit dreary.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pearl M
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Myself & my partner stayed at the hotel for 1 night at the end of September. We was greeted by the rudest receptionist ever, with very little understanding of English. I had called the hotel before arriving to ask about car parking & was informed I could pay £5 and get a cap parking space, when I arrived at the hotel I was advised that I had to leave my car keys as the drive way was small they move cars why necessary. As I drive a company car, I wanted clarification that they handful insurance to drive the cars, well you would think I was asking the world! The room was very vary basic and net curtains were 3 inches smaller than the window! Room smelt damp. Looking back the hotel was cheap and on hind site we should have paid £20/£30 more and booked a better hotel. Lesson learnt. Only positive point was breakfast was ok. Average age of guests in hotel was 80! Reception area also smelt.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple