The Fairhaven Hotel
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Weymouth
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I spent 2 nights in this hotel over Easter. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. My room was clean and comfortable and I had everything i needed. Excellent value for money and even had breakfast thrown in. The location of course just couldn't be better and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Lynette A

Reviewed 22 April 2014

It is a shame as this is the sister to the Rex hotel more like poor relation. We arrived with no greeting from the receptionist blank face looking at computer not even an acknowledgement.when we said we were travelling on the condor the next morning no one knew the car park facilities at port!! Ridiculous they need training in local amenities and customers service. First impression it was like walking into an old peoples home lay out of chairs and exactly the same polythene chairs they have in old people homes. I travelled withy my children and mum it was laughable at £100 pn although the view was the best bit out of the window. Room large but sooo dated we ran a guest house back 20yrs and this is where this guest house still is. Bed spreads orange squares old wardrobe although large. Breakfast tablecloths plastic 20yrs old all about this guest house is old and dated. Breakfast adequate no buffet. I'm sure they make their money from cheap coach trips (2 at hotel on our stay). But a face lift paint change for furniture and then the £100 on for a family room would be justified but unfortunatly not now. Won't be returning

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Joannaburns
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights with hubbie.
Reserved a parking permit when booked and managed to get a space right outside the front door.
Hotel is on the promenade opposite the beautiful beach n donkies.
We stayed in rm21, there was no view from this room but was plenty big enough n clean. Clean towels each day n room cleaned. My only gripe about the room is lack of plug sockets, i recommend you take double/triple plug adapters.
Breakfast was ok, was waiter/waitress service, more toast and coffee was offered.
Would we stay here again if in the area........YES!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel location was superb,, right on the sea front and in the town centre.
The reception staff were warm and inviting and went the extra mile to help me with parking information. The hotel provided a parking permit in the form of a small deposit and this enabled me to park right opposite the hotel. The rooms were clean and well maintained and of a decent size. The room also provided area information. Travel necessities were also provided, I.e. hair dryer, kettle and tea and coffee. Breakfast was included with our purchase.
A very good experience was had at this hotel and I would absolutely recommend this as a first choice stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2014

we arrived on march 29th 2014 at 5pm to check in outside looked alright as u walked it looked ok in reception but lady on desk wasnts to polite but got room key any when up the stairs to the 1st floor and the carpet looked like it hadnt been hoovered for a few months and the hotel was like a hostle. when we found are room as wasnt sign posted well we went in and was like a tiny wardrobe which had to fit me, my partner and my baby in which a cot wasnt provided had to bring own and wasnt any room to put cot up when we got there. everything was outdated and stained carpet in the room, tv was very outdated and the bathroom was nice part from it needed a good clean. also the lach on room door wasnt secure and also there was a big gap under the door of the room. there was also a school staying at hotel at the time but they where so loud and incusiderate they kept waking my 10month old up every 5mins. went to complain and the said that 11pm will be when things will calm down was not pre warned about this no sign nothing then ask to speak to the manager and he looked like he had been drinking whilst on shift he was really rude and disrespectful and said that non of this is his fault and that all he can do is speak to the teacher and that wasnt good enough when the teacher wasnt even there and when i asked for a full refund as refused to stay the night he said he's only going to give me half back and we hadnt even stayed there 3hour yet so asked to speak to someone higher and he couldnt provide me with anyone from head office and he didnt even try calling them he was very rude and should be trainned properly as i wouldnt call him a manager at all.after agrueing with manager managed to speak to someone else who worked at the hotel i.e think he was the owner and he asked what the problem was and offered me a refund in full or another room bit didnt want another room as still be loud of anything but he refunded money back onto my card at 9pm so then had no money cause it dont go staight back on to card didnt get offered somewhere else to stay and was 70miles away from home wasnt happy driving back home at 9pm at night when i was surpost to be on holiday for the weekend with the family. the fairhaven hotel if a horrible place to stay dont recommend it all it worst experience of my life. will be letting everyone know not to bother staying and booking a night in this hostel not hotel dont even know how they got 2 * but they need closing down plus the entertainment that was advertised on website didnt happen and the bar and lounge were closed due to referb which also wasnt stayed on website just get told a couple hours after checking in when u ask at reception and they tell u so that made things even worse

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Great location on the Esplanade. Asked for two single rooms for 1 night and were given twin rooms for no extra cost. £30 a room including breakfast. Yes, very basic but you get what you pay for. Rooms clean and breakfast great. Only down side was the receptionist when we booked in. She could do with some customer service training!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2014

From the outside this hotel looks quite impressive but step inside and it soon changes. We were greeted by the receptionist that felt like she didn't even want to speak so said the minimum words she could get away with. We were given our key and had to find our room through loads of corridors. I understand that it is a very old building but it could have been made easier.
We stepped inside our room to find it very outdated, we had a very old portable TV with just basic channels which we found unusual in this day and age. The bed very extremely soft and uncomfortable but it was clean. The tea making facilities were perched on a little shelf. Our door appeared to be not very secure so I wouldn't have liked too leave anything valuable in the room.
On a good note the bathroom looked like it had been decorated and was comfortable to use.
Breakfast, its saving grace. We were greeted by wonderful staff who couldn't do enough for you. There is plenty of choice and it arrived very quickly fresh and hot . There is enough for you to keep you going all day.
The Fairheaven is in a great location with the harbour and train station in walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple