“Excellent location of the hotel”

The Fairhaven Hotel
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Weymouth
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I accompanied by my wife stayed in Fairhaven Hotel during our four day trip to Weymouth where we went to enjoy International Kite Festival. Hotel is in an excellent location and keeping in view the mobility problems my wife have, Helen, the Reservations Manager, allocated us a room which was large and had another small room attached to it. The room was very clean, beds comfortable and the bathroom met our requirement. Although the hotel was very busy because of the Festival, Helen and her team went out of the way to ensure that we had everything that we needed. The room had a sea view and was very sunny.

The staff at the reception, breakfast hall and the restaurant was amazingly helpful and always had a smile. Breakfast was very good. Tea bags, sugar and milk provided in the room was in plenty which was helpful as we spent all our spare time sitting near the window watching all sorts of activities taking place on the beach.

At night there were some very interesting activities in Hotel Ballroom which can accommodate over 50 guests. Couple of singers entertained the guests and Bingo was played one evening which we missed because we arrived little late. Night before we left, there was a solo singer and during the break some guests arrived in Fancy dresses which surprised both of us. Everyone in the ballroom enjoyed. Ballroom bar was extremely busy and the girl at the counter was very pleasant.

Would be very happy to go again.

Room Tip: Room on the south side are very sunny
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed 3 nights Sat, Sun Mon 26 - 29 April 2014 for a short break holiday. We upgraded to a sea view room, which was worthwhile doing. Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean room and excellent power shower. Lovely breakfast, very prompt and efficiently served. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2014

we upgraded to a room with a sea view and enjoyed the lovely view. the room was basic but warm and clean except for the stained and worn carpet which really should be replaced ASAP. towels and linen were good quality. breakfast both days was good and staff were pleasant. the hotel is very centrally located and I would recommend it for a basic hotel which offers very good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hilary G
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have just come back after staying at this hotel from Monday to Friday and had a very good experience. It is ideally situated in Weymouth for the town and all its amenities. On arrival I was welcomed warmly by the reception staff who were very friendly and informative. I had arrived before check in time but allowed to leave my luggage at the hotel whilst I took advantage of the good weather and enjoy the town. On my return, and on reaching my room, I did notice that the hotel is dated in parts, in terms of the carpeting, general decore but clean, tidy and presentable. There is evidence of improvements taking place in the hotel with some new windows on the rear of the property. My room was very adequate for a single. The drink making facilities had adequate supplies and a hairdryer which is a rarity in most hotels. The ensuite was comfortable in size and the supply of daily towels was a delight. As to the food, I stayed on a bed and breakfast basis but it was a very good standard and the service the best I have experienced in a long time. I even requested an early breakfast for Friday which was easily organised with no problem. There is a night porter at the hotel so as a single traveller I was comfortable and felt safe at this hotel. I would recommend this hotel and will be looking forward to staying there again on any future visit to Weymouth.

2  Thank julesno7
Reviewed 25 April 2014

A cheap hotel close to the Channel Islands ferry terminal and I thought handy for a night stop when arriving in the evening from Jersey. However, breakfast - which is included - is only available from 0830 to 0930 so it becomes impossible to make an early start if you have a long way to go.
What was worse, I was refused service in the (so-called) "Residents' Lounge Bar on the grounds that it was reserved for a private function - a number of ladies of a certain age playing cards.
There are plenty of good hotels in Weymouth - do yourselves a favour, give this one a miss!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
5  Thank Ambling1944
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I spent 2 nights in this hotel over Easter. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. My room was clean and comfortable and I had everything i needed. Excellent value for money and even had breakfast thrown in. The location of course just couldn't be better and I would definitely stay here again.

2  Thank Lynette A
Reviewed 22 April 2014

It is a shame as this is the sister to the Rex hotel more like poor relation. We arrived with no greeting from the receptionist blank face looking at computer not even an acknowledgement.when we said we were travelling on the condor the next morning no one knew the car park facilities at port!! Ridiculous they need training in local amenities and customers service. First impression it was like walking into an old peoples home lay out of chairs and exactly the same polythene chairs they have in old people homes. I travelled withy my children and mum it was laughable at £100 pn although the view was the best bit out of the window. Room large but sooo dated we ran a guest house back 20yrs and this is where this guest house still is. Bed spreads orange squares old wardrobe although large. Breakfast tablecloths plastic 20yrs old all about this guest house is old and dated. Breakfast adequate no buffet. I'm sure they make their money from cheap coach trips (2 at hotel on our stay). But a face lift paint change for furniture and then the £100 on for a family room would be justified but unfortunatly not now. Won't be returning

• Stayed: April 2014