“Best B&B in Weymouth”

Ranked #30 of 163 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Ascot, England
“Best B&B in Weymouth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2008

Sharon & Angela have the balance just about right.
Very friendly and welcoming without being too intense.
Literally nothing was too much trouble for this pair.

I came for the diving with my club and brought my girlfriend and her (16 yr old) daughter for the weekend.
They were looked after so well, I didn't mind rushing off so I obviously enjoyed my diving more.

The drying facilities and space for my diving gear was brilliant - not always available in Weymouth - although might be tight if a lot of you. There was car parking for my VW camper (having a beak from sleeping in her!) right outside - they even moved their own car when it got busy on the Sat night so I wouldn't worry.

So why am I particularly bothering to write this review - two special and illustrative touches of why this is a great B&B in the old (new?) fashioned tradition:

a) My very old dry suit leaks - always fixing it, sticking it, glue here, glue there then give up and so my undersuit, themal socks and pyjamas I wear underneath do get wet. I hung them up in the greenhouse to dry and next morning Sharon asked me if I minded that she had taken them and dried them for me and then put them back. Did I mind?!?
b) We had some strawberries and fizzy wine with us and left them on the side and when returning to the room - there were three bowls, three spoons and three glasses waiting for us.

What more could you want for in a guest house.

If you are looking for something to complain about the rooms are not the largest but very clean and nicely done - actually very cosy and bigger than most I have stayed at in Weymouth.
Breakfast was excellent, cereals and cooked English - all no problem even when I had to catch an early boat.

We will definately book again and recommend to our club, all divers and all others.

Stayed in a few in Weymouth and this has to be best B&B in Weymouth.
Book here (whether diving or not!).

• Liked — The owners (friendly and nice little touches)
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank VWCamperVanMan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
east anglia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2008

My wife and i phoned the greenwood, explained we would be travelling on my motorbike, and was told straight away, no problem, can park it in the garage, now to non bikers this may seem no big deal, but as bike theft is always a problem, (anyware in the country) this responce was like a breath of fresh air, and allso, there are still some very narrow minded people about having bikers as guest, we don't eat baby's, or have rampent sex party's all night, well ok, cant eat a hole baby any more, lol

Ok on a serious note, these guys are sooo nice, the place is spotles, just a few minutes walk into town, lots of info for you to do, and a wonderfull breakfast, i don't eat tomato's, and the responce was, ok would you like beans of something else, now that is the sort of thing that makes you appriciate how much they want to please you.

We travelled over 200 miles to stay there and will do so again. Befor you book up in Weymouth, give them a call, if you get in you will not be disapionted

• Liked — freindly and clean and helpfull
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2008

These guys are absolutly brilliant... I've traveled a fair bit and stayed at a handful of b&bs... but spending the week with these guys was by far the most personal and welcoming experience i've had... There's nothing they wouldn't go out of their way to help you with.. Can't praise them enough... If i'm ever in a 100 mile radius of Greenwood house and i need a place to stay, they'll be my first choice.... Cheers guys...

• Liked — The owners
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2008

This has to be one of the best B&B's we have stayed in. We are regular users of B&B's as we dive in the UK and the hospitality and facilities were excellent. After a hard day of diving we were able to wash down our gear and had plenty of room to hang it all out to dry ready for the next day. The service we received was well above our expectations and made our stay even more enjoyable. We only got back this morning and have already recommended this B&B to our friends and family - five star in our opinion.

Stayed June 2008
surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2008

A very friendly welcoming. Nothing was too much trouble. We especially appreciated the drying facilities and space for our diving gear. Very helpfull, which meant all our kit was ready for the next day washed and dry.
On one evening we were left a cool box for our wine and fresh milk for tea and coffee. What more could you want.
The rooms are not huge but very clean and adequate . breakfast was excellent , cereals , cooked English or any combination, all no problem . We will definately book again,
Thank you.
Hilary

Stayed June 2008
Berkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2008

Extremely friendly and helpful. Use of side annexe to dry suits and garden to hose kit.
Both Sharon and Angela went out of their way to make all of us feel comfortable. No problem too small. Not even me!

• Liked — Friendliness and helpfulness
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
Witney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2008

Sharon and Angela welcome you into their like old friends! Putting you instantly at your ease they show you the spotless, tasteful rooms, and answer all your questions in the most helpful way. A short walk takes you to the town centre/waterfront/beach, and they give you clear directions when you want to visit local sites using your car.
The breakfasts are delicious, carefully researched so that you get the tastiest bacon, perfectly cooked, and the most delicious free range eggs!
Some how these ladies have hit the right note - friendly and casual, and yet perfectly professional.
We are visitors to Britain, but if we were permanent residents, we would become regulars!
Bravo Sharon & Angela!

• Liked — The hospitality
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family