“Great hotel - great location”
Review of The Sandcombe

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weymouth
The Sandcombe
Ranked #25 of 166 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The hotel is in a great location in a terrace of similar hotels. On arrival we had a warm and helpful welcome from the host [Blane]. Our room was a family room [no 5] facing the sea and the street so there were occasional bursts of "music" from passing cars. the front of the house is floodlit but the curtains black out the light. The house is old and has been modernised with new carpeting and furniture. There is a wealth of information available about the local area and the host is always a mine of information. Excellent breakfast. Communal sitting area with large television and books

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank davyb1944

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Took my mum to Weymouth at beginning of September and booked the Sandcombe after reading such great reviews. I must say it certainly lived up to, and exceeded our expectations. We had a lovely twin room with the most wonderful view of the beach. Breakfast was lovely and service wonderful. Both Jaqui and Blane are really lovely people - on Mum's birthday they left a card , chocolates and 'Happy Birthday' banners in our room ! I've travelled widely and stayed all over the world but I must say this stay at the Sandcome was really very special - thank you for making our week so great ! Geraldine

Room Tip: Room 2 overlooking the beach is lovely
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Genbo66
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We spent a fantastic three nights in this bed & breakfast and reluctantly had to leave. It's in the most perfect spot in Weymouth to stroll along the esplanade or around the harbour. Perfect hosts providing lots of local info and advice on any attractions you may wish to visit. We stayed in room 4 with a fabulous view of the harbour, spotlessly clean and very comfortable bed. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank TheRowles
Reviewed 21 September 2013

This B&B is very popular. Several of the guests keep returning each year. The ideal location of the building provides for excellent views of the beach from the rooms at the front and of the harbour from the rooms at the back. The rooms are of average size for a B&B. The hosts, Jackie and Blane, go out of their way to be helpful and to make for an enjoyable stay. Weymouth is an excellent seaside resort and a good point from which to explore the Dorset coast.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MonyetS
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed here for business purposes as I was working within Weymouth and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was on the top floor, in room 8 which had a lovely bed and a superb power shower!!! Just what you need first thing in the morning. The view from room 8 was amazing which looked over the bay all the way towards Dorchester.

I was able to park in the Pavillion Council Car Park from 5pm until 9:30am and it was no trouble to pop over at 7pm to refresh my ticket at £3.00 each time (5pm till 7pm and then 7pm till 9:30am). I stayed in the peak season where any car parking spot outside the B&B was more rare than hens teeth but that wasn't a problem as the view along the bay was breathtaking during my strolls to and from the car park.

The hotel is superbly located to enjoy the restaurtants nearby and it was only 20 minutes walk to the train station and less to the shopping area. The breakfast was delicious and Blane was accomodating for my early start of 8am every morning and had my porridge ready for 7:45am.

I will definitely stay here again if I am fortunate to be working around the Weymouth area!

Room Tip: Have plenty of pound coins for the car park nearby as it only accepts up to £8 in one go. I was ente...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Fantastic deffinatly worth the money. Jackie and Blaine were both very welcoming. The rooms were very clean and The views were stunning, both harbour and sea front. Breakfast was a bonus too. Will deffinatly be back next year. X

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We booked the Sandcombe as a quick stopover on the way t Cornwall but wished we'd stayed longer. It is a beautiful guesthouse with clean, comfy rooms, fabulous views over both the harbour and beach and very friendly and helpful owners.

Room Tip: Our room no 1 was great with a view of the harbour.I would think that they were all good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple