“brill!”

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Weymouth
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“brill!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Been to this hotel twice now and will be returning again! Our hotel room that we had both of the times were spotless and clean, our room we had this time (132) was lovley and big we a large amount of storage. You get everything youve paid for, and food was delicious. I left the hotel yesterday18th of april 2014. The manager David is such a lovley funny man with a great personalitly. The entertainment at night was very good especially when the manager made funny quizes etc... Due to me being the youngest adult there that week the music wasnt really my taste but the singers did mix up the music abit they did mix it up bit by singing some Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow. We will be returning back very soon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Celine L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
cwmbran
Reviewed 29 March 2014

After reading some of the reviews I went to the Russell with some major concerns, firstly I have always stayed in 4 or 5 star hotels all over the world, so needless to say I had visions of a dilapidated hotel.

First the good points, hotel rooms were spotless, large comfortable beds, tea maker telephone and television, with en-suite bathroom

Breakfast everything you could wish for

Entertainment in the evenings 1st class

Location overlooking the sea front absolutely perfect and well worth paying a supplement for sea view rooms, with a short stroll along the front to the main shopping area.

Now the not so good points, there is only one and that may well be my fault as I am a very fussy eater, dinner was very limited to what you could have.

LASTLY the manager of the hotel who was called Dave, is worth his weight in gold, not only did he suggest alternative meals for me he made a point of finding me each evening to suggest different options, this is what makes the Hotel what it is, staff were fab. A big big thank to you all.

For what we paid for a 5 day break it was fantastic value for money

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are worth paying the supplement for.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
15 Thank jacquiCwmbran
Pontypool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Booked on a trip to this hotel after cancellation of another holiday. After reading other reviews my expectations were low. I need not have worried! Being single, the room allocated was more than I needed, clean, flat screen tv, plenty of drawer and hanging space, tea/coffee facility and a toilet and shower room. Although I did not have a sea view the beach was just across the road from the main entrance.
I found all staff to be most helpful at all times. The food was hot, served quickly and if you decided to change your mind at anytime it was catered for without a fuss. What more do you need.
The bar prices were in line with others at £3.10p per pint and there was a quiz, bingo and live entertainment every evening.
An extra bonus was that the Prince Regent Hotel next door was linked by a short corridor so if you wanted a change of facilities or entertainment they were only a short walk away.
There was extensive work going on by the new owners both inside and outside and after talking to the new owner and seeing the new bar and facilities being installed in the Prince Regent Ballroom and listening to his enthusiasm about other plans I am sure they will be a success.
For the price I paid I certainly had good value for money. I would certainly return and I wish the new owners every success in the future.
Always read between the lines of reviews because after listening to petty moans by travellers on the same trip as me I think they want 5 star facilities for 1 star prices.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
15 Thank WalesDiamond
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Just returned from a weekend away. After reading the bad reviews about this hotel I wasn't expecting much. On arriving our cases were taken up to our room (132) it's was a lovely big room with 3 single beds which were spotlessly clean , so was the room and bathroom . The staff were so friendly and helpfull. The food was delicious , and plenty of it . Great entertainment every night although we didn't win the bingo!! The manager David was very professional a great bingo caller and partial to a bag of pork scratchings lol... We will definitely be going back there again ...thank you all at the Russell Hotel ...Gaynor...

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
9 Thank Gaynor P
Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Been before, though not with Daish's, we're definitely going up and certainly won't be matched for the price ! We couldn't fault the food, the entertainment was good, their manager, David, is the ultimate, consummate professional !!! A veritable attribute, nothing's insurmountable to this young man! ... Long may he be at the helm !!! As for cleanliness, the chambermaid for our room 227 was utterly meticulous , a credit and asset to the hotel. Belinda and Megan our tireless ladies of the bar, worked cheerfully, serving with a smile throughout !
" A Five Star Break at Two Star Money ! " Many Thanks to David and his staff for a memorable break ..... We're Already Planning Our Return !!

Thanks Again.... Stuart and Susan C

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Stuart C
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

On arrival at the Russell Hotel we were given the key to our room and told our luggage would be brought to our room so while waiting I went to use the toilet however I was unable to do so as it had excrement all around the pan and the toilet seat. My husband had to clean it so I could use it. Our luggage arrived and while I was unpacking my husband made a cup of tea, when I went to drink from the cup I found it was covered in lipstick. We had two French doors in our room one of which was held closed by a white carrier bag. When we went to reception I complained and was told "Well you should have come and told us" No apology only disgruntled muttering from the young lady. Needless to say there is no way my husband and I will be frequenting this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
15 Thank BabsP9947

Travellers are raving about these Weymouth hotels

Bargoed, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

spent a weekend at this hotel with a group off 12 we asked for single beds but but were given doubles the toilet seat was broke the shower was coverd in mould the room was in need of a good clean. next the food that was served for two people would not have filled one person breakfast was evan worse what I am telling you now is the truth as some of us were eating our breakfast the waitress came up and removed our plates we protested but she still removed our food would I use this hotel again never you have been warned.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends