1,200 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Decided on Weymouth for our winter break last year. Train journey down bit of aggravation coming from London, change at Bournemouth then it's a bit of a slog. Weymouth itself; Lovely, excellent restaurants and pubs and the people very friendly. October not best time for the beach but one days was quite warm and we had a paddle, lovely sand and very clear sea; charming.

The hotel Riviera needs a lick of paint or two, and it a bit dated, throw back to holiday camp era; but it served its purpose and our bed was lovely; very comfy and huge. Breakfast was expensive, only had it one day; £10 per person, better off going to a local cafe.

All in all a lovely break; if you like it fairly quiet then Weymouth at that time of year is for you

Room Tip: All rooms roughly the same; doubles are adequate, bathrooms ok but not massive.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank _tonyshepherd2010
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Arrived exhausted after a busy day and was greeted fine by helpful a receptionist whom I told all I was looking forward to was a good rest. The whole exterior is in dire need of a paint and I was surprised to discover we had been located in an outer building to the rear of the building in chalet style area. Inside, the room had been refurbished so although we had not received any of our prebooked requests I was just happy to get my rest. Sadly, I never got it. Within seconds we discovered the hotel had positioned us right in the middle of of a group of 13 rooms of a stag party. It was only late afternoon but it was quite intimidating being locked in the room with an ill fitting door hearing learning all about each man's nether regions, what they can do and what their girlfriends prefer whilst my partner returned to reception to try and move rooms. No luck, we ended up with a refund and on the streets of Weymouth at teatime on a Saturday night desperately searching for a vacant room to stay. Not the plan at all.
N. B. I'd have been wary staying in the back building, especially alone as there is outdoor space and room security seemed poor.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Staying solo for 2 nights, I want try and help both Customer and venue benefit from a fairly accurate review.
Firstly the surroundings......View of the bay is excellent. Rooms are relatively good. Recent re furb. Doors and exterior need work. Windows are dated too.
Reception and eating area are pretty good although food could be tastier.
Pool doesn’t look to clever and housekeeping knocking on doors at 10am is a tad too early.
Breakfast should be extended to 11am at Weekends.
Staff are working overtime to improve the experience but the owners still need to make more investment in the property and get the Marketing right. No website.....an immediate fail.
The ballroom and banqueting facilities are excellent. Again, staff were exemplary.

So to recap......Exterior needs investing in.
Pool looks shabby. Tastier edge to food.
Then start marketing at a higher level to increase revenues. Sorted!

Enjoyed the stay.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Seasoned1000
Reviewed 8 September 2018

A good location in quiet spot overlooking the bay. Reception and dining area modern and clean. Room had some nice touches modern decoration, large T.V. good quality towels. But, very small room no seating area. A large sum has been allocated for upgrade, would be interesting to see when it is finished, Overpriced at present.

Room Tip: All rooms at the moment need an upgrade.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank roypat2
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

When I arrived late at night the place was lit up like a blue xmas tree!
24 hour reception was useful for my late arrival. Very dated and tired buildings so I didn’t have very high expectations but I was surprised to find my room wasn’t too bad apart from the gap around the door and frame (which would be freezing in the winter!) so when fellow guests walked past my room smoking the room subsequently stank of fag smoke which was very unpleasant at 2am when you are trying to sleep.
The breakfast was actually rather nice, wouldn’t be winning and Michelin stars but it set me up for the day.
Lovely location on the beach.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business