“Second visit”

Valentines Guest House
Ranked #77 of 165 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I have visited the Valentine Guesthouse twice. The first time in the summer two years ago with a friend of mine and last weekend I went by myself for a short autumnal break. I really enjoy the privacy and the familiar atmophere that Sue and Graham provide. I would definitely recommend this B&B.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Valentines Guest House

Reviewed 23 October 2012

My boyfriend booked a 4 poster here as a surprise for my birthday.

We were welcomed at the door and shown to our lovely room. We had tea and biscuits at our table by the window and Sue bought us some fresh milk. The room was small for a 4 poster, but it was so comfortable.

The location was great. Ok, so we didn't get a view of the sea, but that didn't matter. It was grey out there anyway.

Breakfast was just right. We chose from a list of breakfasty things and both got just what we fancied. The dining room has all sorts of books to browse through and after check out, we were luckily able to hang on to the parking permit for the rest of the day to go exploring.

There's a nice Italian restaurant down the road from this place which was recommended to us. Enzo's I think it is called. The food was lovely - fillet steak cooked to perfection.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed here on a last minute break to Weymouth. This Guest House has a perfect location and our room overlooked the bay. The whole place is spotlessly clean and airy.Graham and Sue cannot do enough to help you. The breakfast is of an excellent quality with plenty of it.
This is our first trip to Weymouth and after finding a place like this, it wont be the last. Thank you Graham and Sue for making us so welcome!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Such a warm and accommodating welcome. Excellent location and very easy to find. Just steps from the beach and a short walk to the station and the shops.
Sue and Graham are more than happy to help with any information you may need and serve a very good quality breakfast in a very lovely breakfast room, which over looks the beach. My room (3) has a 4 poster bed which is very comfortable with quality linen and more than ample pillows, TV with DVD player and high quality furnishing. Wifi Internet is very useful to complete the days work. Room was serviced every day and beverages replenished.
After long days at the wheel, I was so looking forward to returning to this wonderful Guest House , knowing that it is cleaned and cared for with pride and passion.
As you are reading this review, you are obviously looking for a place to stay in Weymouth, so I suggest you look no further and book into this "Quality Guest House" and you will not be disappointed.
Staying in many different places around the country, I am very impressed with this "Quality Guest House " and the approach the owners have to their guests. It should be related higher than the "3 Stars" it has now.
I certainly hope to be staying here again very soon and would not hesitate to stay here on a holiday trip.
I have left this review Before my stay has come to an end.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
ValentineGuestHouse, Owner at Valentines Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2012

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and really appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review.

It was a great pleasure for us to have you stay and very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Very disappointed in this guest house. We only went there because it had good reviews but I don't rate it. We went there for one night 23rd june and was not impressed. The owner sue was lovely but didn't really say much. Rooms were old fashioned and basic. Beds were hard and room was noisy. (room5) It had tea making facilities but we were only supplied with one small bottle of water which wasn't enough for two people and I don't like filling the kettle with water from the bathroom. Well I say bathroom..!!! it was a thin narrow strip with a toilet one end and a tiny shower cubicle the other. If you can call it a shower.. It had absolutely no power in it at all, the cubicle was tiny and could hardly lift my arms my partner who is big built had a nightmare in there and it kept creaking....
Breakfast:- You could help yourself to cereal and milk but it wasn't labelled so you didn't know if it was skimmed, semi or whole. Sue the owner comes round taking individual breakfast orders but only one table at a time so you end up waiting quite a while. I had a bacon sandwich which was horrid. The bread wasn't good quality and she had put butter on it. Now i know some people do have butter on a bacon sandwich but i don't and i wasn't asked...!!!! plus it was a really thick layer of butter and was disgusting. You also get sachets of sauces which is a pain having to rip them open especially if you like a good dollop as they hardly contain anything. It would be much easier to put a bottle on the table. We left after breakfast and didn't even get a goodbye take care have a nice day NOTHING which i thought was BAD..!!! For the price we paid which WASNT cheap I expect a lot more certainly won't be going back or recommending it...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank claire f
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

We are so sorry that we were not able to meet any of your expectations when you stayed at the Valentine Guest House as it is our aim to ensure that we offer our guests a warm welcome, a comfortable bed and a good and varied breakfast. We also aim to respond to any feedback that we receive and are concerned that you did'nt feel that you could talk to us about your dissatisfaction at the time as we would have been only to happy to have prepared another breakfast that you could have enjoyed. Nevertheless we thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

I stayed at the Valentines Guest House in March and was visiting Weymouth for business. I've not stayed in a B&B before but my expectations were definitely surpassed. I was greeted very kindly by Graham and Sue who then showed me to my room which was so lovely! Big four poster bed, sea view from the huge windows, a nice en-suite and other nice bits and bobs dotted around the room. For such a nice room it was absolutely fantastic value for money. Breakfast in the morning was yummy and left me feeling like I had a real treat. Shops and bars around a 10 min walk, but the walk is along the beach so no complaints. Would stay again. Thank you! :)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank crcake
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This is a lovely B & B and the owners are very friendly and welcoming. The location is directly on the sea front and just a short 5-10 min walk to the shops and bars. The breakfasts are first class and you always walk out of the door with a full stomach in the mornings. There is a shortage of parking in Weymouth and the B & B does not have its own parking spaces but when you arrive you can request a parking permit which you can use in the local roads around the B & B. Our room was very spacious and with a lovely view of the sea however the ensuite and shower was rather small. Having said that it was clean and we had fresh towels and toiletries.

I would certainly stay here again and would recommend this B & B if you are thinking of staying in Weymouth overnight.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple