“Excellent stay”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

staffs U.K
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 14 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

I booked this before reading tripadvisor reviews. So I was a little concerned . But a very pleasant surprise!
The week we went everywhere was very clean. The house is older so has character.
Beds very comfortable. Seating in sitting room did have 4chairs of various styles and a 2-seater sofa. Pleasant dining area. Kitchen fair size and had everything we needed.
The outdoor space has a wooden table and six chairs which look quite new.
Both the bathroom and shower room very clean and very adequate. Bathroom large with character.
All bedrooms excellent size with very good storage. I must say we saw no damp at all.
Two bedrooms do have a steep winding staircase to them . This just means taking a bit of extra care. In fact my 6 year old granddaughter loved them and said she was going to bed in a tower in a castle! She also loved sitting at the old school desk in her bedroom. There is a stairgate at the top and bottom of these stairs.
It is a terrace so sometimes the neighbours can be heard but while we were there we heard no excessive noise or anything that disturbed us.
The position is excellent with the beach just around the corner.
We couldn't find a parking space on the Saturday so had to use public car parks. But found a space on the Monday. If I went again I might just buy a week`s ticket for the car park before I went.
We really did have a lovely time here.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
jeanette...
Shipston-on-Stour, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 7 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

Close to town and beach.
House was a real let down. Cleaner was still in property a 3.15pm. Previously walked to the house 3 hours earlier so that knew were it was and were to park car to unload. Looked through window and a hover was in middle of sitting room floor.This was still the case when we arrived to let ourselves in at 3.15pm. Could not get door to unlock as cleaner had still got key in lock the other side. Had already spoken to our property manager who said he would try and contact her. He told me to knock on door. Cleaner came to door and said I was to early. Told me to come back it was pouring with rain and we soaked. I stated that the property manager had told me to knock the door and I could gain excess to the property via the cleaner as she should have been finished by 3pm at the latest and that I was paying to be in from 3pm. She confessed that she was not very well and sleepy and told me she should be in hospital as she was dying from bronchitis. Told her she should have told the company she works for she replied if I did you would not be getting a holiday as I am the only cleaner. She told me that she had not had time to hover the sitting room, she had not done the downstairs toilet or the bathroom or kitchen. I asked about parking and were was the parking permit as my son wanted to move the car of double yellow lines and her reply was he can stick his car where the sun doesn't shine. I went outside and phoned the property manager and he told me were we could park. He was going to talk to the cleaner during the week. I went back into the house and she said she was going and picked up a load of bags and walked out. There was dirty laundry under one of the bedrooms at the top of the house. No bins had been emptied. Damp in the other top bedroom and around plug in lounge. Washing machine dirty were you put power in and had to wash cutlery and plates before we could use them. Bedroom window on the middle floor would not close. No DAB radio.
House really not big enough for 6 adults to sit in sitting room.
First time I have book a private place as did not want a holiday park and it has put me off going private. I spent a lot of money to rent this property £1108.00 or there about so disappointing. Property manager came and saw me on the morning that we were leaving with croissants and paid for a round of coffees.

laurarZ25...
northants
“Close to the beach. Avoid Neighbours”
Reviewed 20 February 2017 for a stay in September 2016

Five adults, one toddler.
This house is close to the beach, which is great, The house was beautiful but small in the living room and the kitchen.
In the king size room on the first floor, I couldn't shut the window. Which wasn't great at night as the alley is rather noisy for weekend revellers. Parking with the permits was a bit complicated, but we spoke to a traffic warden and soon got sorted. You cannot park right outside the house, its a walk through only.
The neighbours spoiled the experience of the house, which was a shame.
The children next door posted dirty (as in nude) playing cards through our door, after we found them in the alley and picked them up and put them in a recycling bin. We had the same issues with odours coming through the walls as the other reviewers.
One local said they all have issues with the neighbours but there is nothing that could be done.
The neighbours alone made this holiday house poor. Love Weymouth but would not stay in this house again.

Paula1603
derbyshire
“Great location, dirty property”
Reviewed 31 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We recently spent a week in Weymouth at 25 Wesley Street.

Firstly we were very pleased with the location, it was a 10 minute brisk walk from the seafront and all amenities that you could possibly need were close at hand.

At first inspection the cottage (mid terraced period property) was roomy and adequate for our requirements but before too long little annoyances were observed throughout the week.
Firstly the cottage is very grubby! By that I mean other than a rough vacuum we couldn't work out what had been done in preparation for our arrival? All the sugar / teabag pots in the kitchen you could write your name in and skirting boards, dishwasher and washer were all filthy and in an unacceptable state. Baring in mind that we paid top dollar at peak season we expected a much better standard of cleanliness.

Secondly when boiling water for our 10 month old babies formula we found that the kettle provided was way past its 'use by date' and was so furred up that it couldn't be used. We purchased a new kettle from the local Argos and deducted £10 from the expected £20 rental charge for the high chair and travel cot (also in a nasty condition).

There is a small courtyard on the rear of the property but unfortunately all the furniture is very dirty with a large burn hole through the table top, otherwise this would have been utilised more in the week.

The windows in the bedrooms can't be opened after a good deal of trying (sure this is a fire safety issue) and the stairs between the first and second floors are very dangerous and we would not recommend the upper rooms for young children / older adults (missing bannister sections).

Lastly our neighbours for the week left much to be desired, with a welcome of a fag butt being thrown from a top window narrowly missing one of the kids and the constant banging into the early hours it didn't leave the best impression. In addition we were subjected to odours coming through the walls in the evening from next doors 'social activities'.

A pretty poor experience ....but Weymouth was great!

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Cleanliness
Travelling group: Other
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
2 Aug 2016
Thank you for providing us with your comments following your stay, and we are sorry that you were disappointed with the cleanliness of the property.

We would very much like to discuss this matter with you further. With that in mind one of our Customer Care Team will be in contact with you shortly.

Once again, many thanks for taking the time to provide us with your comments, and we look forward to speaking to you soon.

Kindest regards,
Blue Chip Holidays
regina206...
Hertfordshire
“Avoid !”
Reviewed 11 September 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

Stayed here. Loved the decor, bit it was very cramped, and if you do consider staying, do photograph EVERYTHING. Not willing to engage further for legal reasons, but you may need evidence. Be warned !

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Management Response
17 Sep 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we are sincerely sorry that you were not fully satisfied with your holiday at Whitestones.

If there is any assistance that we can provide, do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team who will be more than happy to answer any queries that you may have.

Once again, thank you for providing us with your comments, which are always valued as they help us to improve our levels of service, and we hope this experience does not deter you from booking with us again.

Best regards,

Blue Chip Holidays
RobHalsey
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

My partner and I walked the 630 miles of the South West Coast Path. We met friends for the last leg and we talked to the owner and they knew this stay was special to us. It was so disappointing that once our friends left after the first weekend (had they not been staying we would have moved out immediately, but we had two other people to consider) we moved to a Bed and Breakfast early in the week for a couple of days, then moved out a day early so that we could celebrate our last day of the path at a different accommodation (The Springfield Country Hotel which was fantastic). I'm sure this was once a lovely accommodation. I can see that someone set it up with style and care. Unfortunately it is now extremely tired (carpets stained, couch covers manky, duvet inners and pillows stained - I stripped the beds for the owner and was not thrilled with what I'd been sleeping in). I think the owners actually don't know what clean is - hence why we didn't bother to phone them. They had an assessment of the property on the Monday, but both myself and our friends couldn't believe that they thought the unvacuumed floors upstairs, the unmopped tiles in the kitchen (black when I wiped them with a wet wipe), the cobwebs on the door and windows, the rubbish that greeting us on the mat at the entrance the day we arrived, the urine that hadn't been wiped from the toilet bowl in both bathrooms (which I cleaned just so we could feel ok about staying there)....I don't know where to begin or end. The owners are truly welcoming on the phone, and kindly left us wine and biscuits; but I think they need to travel more to know what the standards need to be out there. We travelled for 3 months in the UK and this place was hands down the dirtiest. It would be such a quick fix to make this place fantastic - just a good scrub, new carpet, new bedding, new couches and you'd be good to go. I have to question the other reviews...because there is no way this place in its current state is 4 stars. We own accommodation ourselves (a 21 unit motel and 2 holiday homes), and if we presented our accom with this level of cleanliness, we would certainly not still be in business 25 years later as we currently are.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Cleanliness
Travelling group: Friends
Karal R
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Superb Cottage for family/ friend stay”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Close to all attractions , right in the middle of the town centre.
Full of wonderful antiques and bric a brac which gave the cottage such a different appeal, looked after with such care and attention.
Bathroom 1 has a separate floor standing bath wow!!
Both bathroom showers are power full and huge space for you and child.
Kitchen has everything a person could need on holiday from a quick snack to a Sunday lunch for 10( which is what we did).
Have recommended to friends and colleagues already and plan to return.
The owners are friendly and even provide the fist days bits and bobs just in case such as tea milk and even a bottle of wine.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was so quaint
Liked least: Wi fi would have been good but not essential as close to hand are local free wifi places
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing