“superb!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #111 of 278 Restaurants in Weymouth
Price range: US$76 - US$76
Cuisines: British, French
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
buckingham
“superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We dined in the restaurant for the four nights of our stay and enjoyed every minute and every bite. The staff were all very professional and made us feel very welcome

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Chris S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Very special food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

The fillet steak was delicious as too was the duck starter. A little on the expensive side but we felt was worth it

Visited March 2014
London
“Dated surroundings, reasonable food, a tad overpriced for what it is.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Held a business meeting here over an early Supper. We were short on time so ordered one course only. I had a "small" portion of the crab risotto, whilst my colleague ordered a main course belly of pork. We shared three glasses of Chardonnay between us. No starters, no desserts and no coffee.

First the positives. Great location, a warm welcome (eventually), attentive service and a nice lounge area complete with open fireplace. It was very quiet and therefore conducive to a decent business discussion (the purpose of my visit).

On the not so positive side, I found the restaurant sadly lacking in any kind of atmosphere and a little tired looking (I would not go so far as shabby). I was seated next to a rather grubby looking electric heater that had no place in any restaurant.

The food was nicely presented and well cooked, but at £14 for a starter portion of risotto and £26 for a belly of pork (with a postage stamped size piece of crackling on top of it) I expected better. I do not know the area especially well so am unaware of any alternatives locally. What I do know is that I drove all the way from London to meet and eat here and left feeling more than a little deflated by the experience. I also left over £60 worse off which, for one starter, one main, and three glasses of average Chardonnay seemed a little steep.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Wareham, United Kingdom
“high tea . chris & julie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

wonderful, very English high tea. staff were excellent, tea consisted of plenty of a variety sandwiches. followed by a selection of yummy cakes and a tasty mousse, not forgetting lots of scones,clotted cream and strawberry jam.Big pot of tea [ proper tea leaves, no tea bags here!]

• Visited February 2014
Great Missenden, United Kingdom
“Best food in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

We have eaten here many times during three stays in 2013 alone. The food and wine are really very good and you'd be hard pushed to get better in the county.

Visited October 2013