“AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!!!!!!!”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Never posted a review before but need to do this out of public duty. That many things were wrong I thought we were being wound up.
Easily the worst dining experience I've ever had and I eat out regularly
Young staff were lovely but were left hung out to dry by gross mismanagement. I've eaten at other branches of this chain in the past but I will never do so again. Appalling

1  Thank Jason R

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Bella Italia chain looks a bit dated now (compared to Prezzo, Zizzi, Pizza Express, Frankie & Bennys chains etc) but that said it is adding new food to its menu like Italian chicken wings and ribs - which seem popular but may confuse customers. We had a completely okay lunch with starters, mains and drinks for £50 - but at the point of settling the bill you wonder whether it would be better to eat in a proper Weymouth Italian like Enzo (£6.99 lunch special) or Il Porto (lunch food at 50% off) for the same price?!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Good food, reasonable prices and excellent service. We went twice during our stay in Weymouth. It is in a good location and I would recommend it.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Visited the Restaurant on my first night in Weymouth. Service was excellent. Choice of food very good. Drinks are always expensive but don't let it put you off!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Lunch was just dire. Poor service and poor food. I tried the "new" Italian ribs and it was a great disappointment. Although the meat was tender, it was flabby and tasteless except for an enormous amount of dried herbs on the underside which made it taste bitter and resinous. The tiny amount of barbecue sauce in a small dish tasted good but there was so little of it that it didn't make much difference. My husband had a chicken casserole that was overcooked and unpleasant, and my son - who loves pizza - did not finish his portion.

1  Thank uksa