“Good short stay hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Wetherby
Newport, United Kingdom
“Good short stay hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Have stayed here once before and found the noise from the people above disturbing so requested a room on the top floor this time. When we arrived the only room available on the top floor didn't have a sofa, which we needed as staying for 4 nights, so we moved to a sofa room on the first floor and took our chances. We did hear noise from above but fortunately that did not disturb our sleep this time. The room was very pleasant, at the back of the hotel overlooking the fields. Very clean and spacious with a good and large wet room and plenty of clean towels. Tea and coffee in the room and plenty of storage for clothes and suitcases. We found the bed a little small and uncomfortable and I didn't sleep at all well for the first 2 nights because of this. I think the mattresses, pillows and duvets could do with upgrading. Free wifi in the rooms, good that it is free, but it is very slow. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Plenty of parking as the hotel is located on the services.

Room Tip: Ideally a room on the top floor at the back of the hotel would be preferable.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Cleobear30
Hollie H, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Wetherby, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to see you had an overall good stay with us. I am sorry you didn’t get the room on the top floor. We unfortunately only have one family room on the top floor of the hotel. I have passed your comments regarding the bed and bedding to your management team. We do hope to see you again in the future. Kind regards, Hollie.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Polish first
Oxfordshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

This was great when it opened, and I am sad to see how standards have slipped. My bed was soft and spongy, and my duvet was horribly lumpy with bare patches where there was only two layers of sheet between me and the room. I called downstairs for another duvet. And I called and called again. And again. After calling for 15 minutes solid, I put my coat on over my pyjamas and stomped bad-temperedly down to reception, which was like the Marie Celeste. After calling out several times, I was on the point of climbing over the desk when the night porter finally appeared. So I got the extra duvet eventually but by that time I was thoroughly chilled and took forever to get to sleep. Not a good night.

I complained in the morning and got a very satisfactory apology from reception - Days Inn staff are almost always exceptionally pleasant. I was told that they were in the process of replacing all the beds and bedding. Not a moment too soon.

So if you're booking in, make sure you get one of the newly furbished rooms.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MIssDillie
Thank you for feedback. I am very sorry you found problems with the room. If you could please contact the me on reservations@daysinnwetherby.co.uk or 01937547557 with the room number and your surname, I would be happy to look into this matter further for you. All you comments have been passed to your Management team. Again, I do apologies for the problems you had. We do hope you will give us another chance in the future. Kind regards, Hollie.
Wetherby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I loved the location and access to the site by car. The town of Wetherby is 2 mins drive away for quality shops and great chip shops and takeaways. When the races are on the location is perfect, and Leeds and York are not far away. A short drive away is Harrogate. Harrogate deserves a page of its own. Want a rest. Then chill out in your room. A choice of food on site.mmm

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your review. It is great to see you had a good stay with us and find the location ideal. We do hope to see you again very soon. Kind regards, Hollie
Oldham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Never stayed in a Days Inn hotel before but i was quite impressed. Overall view of the hotel reception and rooms were of a high standard. We had a family room and it was quite small but served the purpose. Bathroom was modern and everything clean and tidy. The kids slept on a sofa bed which was a bit wobbly but other than that everything was great. Would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor - didn't hear anything but i think our room was at the back. Not s...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to see you had a good stay with us. Regarding the sofa bed, I have passed your comments to housekeeping. We hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, Hollie
Solihull
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I have stayed here several times on business since February 2014. Great Hotel for the money. Modern, Excellent room incl comfortable bed and fab wetroom/power shower. Nice friendly and helpdul staff. Easy parking and quiet at night (which surprised me, given it's near the A1(M) and situated within a service station environment. Nice breakfast although fairly basic (continental). The only thing which lets the hotel down, for me, is the free Wi-Fi which is not fit for purpose (slow and frequently disconnects) when the hotel gets busy. More bandwidth is needed and I hope this gets sorted soon. When it does, I would gladly rate the Days Inn Wetherby as "excellent"

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your review. It is great to see you have stayed with us several times and find the hotel ideal. I do apologies for the internet connection, I have passed your comments on. We do hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, Hollie
Braintree, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on trip to Scotland. Great quality room for a good price. Breakfast deal at the Gregg's outside was good. If you need fuel do not pay the extortionate price at the service station, head into wetherby and fill up at morrisons a five minute drive away.

Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your review. It is good to see you found the room and price ideal. We do hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, Hollie
Wetherby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Built within recent years, the hotel is very modern and clean. Great value for money and in a handy location. Right next to a service station so very handy for a late night/early morning snack. Didn't have breakfast there so can't comment on that. Only one slight drawback - there was only liquid soap in the bathroom and no bar of soap, which I prefer to use in the shower. This is only a slight problem and can be easily solved by bringing your own if you know in advance. Other than that, no complaints! Would definitely stay again if in the area in future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Paul P, General Manager at Days Inn Wetherby, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thanks for your review. We have recently moved to liquid soap in our efforts to become 'greener' ... However ,we are happy that you have brought this up in your review, and it is something that we will monitor in future.
We hope to see you again soon and we are glad you enjoyed your overall stay with Days Inn Wetherby.
Best regards
Paul
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wetherby
Mercure Wetherby
Wood Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Collingham
Hazlewood Castle & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Premier Inn Harrogate South Hotel

Been to Days Inn Wetherby? Share your experiences!