“Best curry in ages.”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
“Best curry in ages.”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Just moved to the town so thought we would go around one by one the local take always and restaurants. Must say we have saved the best while last. Even though the establishment is 'no frills' inside it certainly makes up for it with service and the quality of food. In fact the ambience inside adds to the friendly experience. The host is very polite and so are all the staff. It's clean and well presented.

The cost was very reasonable too, although we would pay anything for quality and this place delivers it by the bucket load.

I also understand they deliver too which is a real bonus. Restaurant food with the convenience of a take away......spot on!!

3 Thank Martinhall282

Wetherby, United Kingdom
“Very poor food and attitude.”
Reviewed 24 October 2012 via mobile

Went to the JAflong tonight for a takeaway following a mail shot of their menu which promised a 10% discount for self pickup. The waiter calculated the bill incorrectly on repeated occasions, but eventually sorted it taking off the discount. I offered to pay with credit card and all of a sudden the bill rose again. I questioned this to be informed that discount was not offered with card payment as cards incurred an extra charge! I challenged him that this was not mentioned on the menu and a 10% credit card supplement was exorbitant. No response, so I paid with cash.
The food itself was very poor- for a start, tepid and both dishes were bland and exactly the same. The mushroom bhaji was also tasteless with no hint of any spice. I can cook much better INdian food than this and wished I had. I won't be back!

2 Thank Dave29969
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Best Welcome and Indian Food in Wetherby!”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

When my oldest son was three days old, we took him along in his baby chair whilst my wife and I had a curry to celebrate his arrival. Now he is 17, a regular himself and we've been eating there ever since.

Proprietor Ali is one of the friendliest blokes you could hope to know. He always makes us feel really welcome and relaxed, whatever the occasion. The food is quite outstanding.

The restaurant has a small frontage and runs deep into the building with one table either side of a central aisle, so it's quite small and intimate, especially towards the back. I've eaten there with larger parties of mates when tables can be pulled together. Mostly it's two or four of us on family meals or often a take-away. The food is very reasonably priced and Ali gives a good discount for cash (here's a machine around the corner in the marketplace.)

The menu includes all the usual dishes but we like to get a recoomendation based on taste and mood - that way we try different options. Ask the guys for their suggestions.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank MatthewPitt
cheltenham
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

The quality of the food is exceelnt. Lots of flavour and beautifally presented. The service was polite, quick and unobtrusive. Highly recommended. If we are in teh area agin we will return.

• Visited September 2012
Oldham
“Consistently good”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We tried one of the other curry houses in Wetherby and it wasn't a patch on the Jaflong. So we went back to old habits and had a meal at the Jaflong yesterday. Service and food quality were as good as ever and - crucially - it was quiet enough to hold a conversation without shouting. We've been going to the Jaflong for 10 years and the owner (who seems to be always there) has had it for 20 years - enough said!

• Visited August 2012