“Highly recommended”

Green Ayurveda Spa
Ranked #2 of 20 things to do in Wetherby
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Escape to a world of peace and calm through the ancient healing science of India --Ayurveda!! Green Ayurveda wellness Centre and Holistic Spa is owned and managed by renowned Ayurvedic health practitioners Dr. Majosh P Jolly and Dr. Swapna Jose from Kerala, India. Our purpose built Luxurious Spa is away from the hustle and bustle of busy town centres, located in Thorp Arch, Wetherby, West Yorkshire. Green Ayurveda Spa facilities comprises Spa lounge, reception, three traditional Ayurvedic treatment rooms with steam bath, a separate ayurvedic beauty treatment room, dining room, purpose-built wooden yoga shala and two shower rooms. Green offers an extensive range of Luxurious Day Spa Treatments as well as traditional, Royal Panchakarma Therapies and Natural Skin Care Treatments from Ancient India. We extend an invitation for you to experience Green difference. Our Highly skilled and well experienced Ayurvedic professionals and therapist will make your visit a memorable one. Slow down and let us nurture you, take care of someone precious: You!!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Baby buggy parking, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have been practising yoga with Dr Jolly for the past five years and have received enormous benefit both spiritually and physically from his Thursday evening classes. There is an ambience of serenity and calm from the moment of entering the building, which has been beautifully and appropriately decorated.
The spa packages are excellent (including delicious Ayurvedic food!) and the massages I have experienced have been second to none. Dr Jolly and Dr Swapna offer an exceptionally warm and friendly service and I would have no hesitation in recommending their services.

9  Thank Jan F

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Dr. Swapna offers a friendly, personal service and the atmosphere in the Spa is restful and comfortable. The massage treatments I have had are excellent; they have benefited my health as well as being very enjoyable.
It is rather expensive, but worth it and I will use this service again and would recommend it to others.
Susan

9  Thank welsue
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Inside is very clean and lovely set fixtures and water feature which wasn't working when we got inside?? The massage was rushed I guess it's due to strict appointments 2 hours fly by!! I would recommend checking out others aswel as this place has changed hands and the service isn't as it once was. The old name is lotus ayurveda. I would suggest if you are going to get a massage done to ask plenty of questions to ensure your expectations are met. We wasn't impressed :(

1  Thank BlueSeaGoldSand
DrJolly2014, Manager at Green Ayurveda Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for providing feedback following your January visit to our Spa.
Thank you very much for the good comments on our interior, cleanliness and fixtures.

The Electric pump which supplies the water feature goes some time dead or slow as it’s continuously working for 24 hours.
As you visited us on Saturday 11th January 2014, we could not get hold of the engineer. The engineer has replaced the pump on Monday. And ever since it’s been working fantastic.

Yourself was booked in for Raj & Rani package, which is a 2 hour package. On our brochure and website we have clearly explained what you will be receiving for that package.
For your kind information you came 40 minutes late on that day and we still provided the full package and time.

About changing Hands of the Company:
I was working here ever since this place is been up running from beginning of 2006 as an Ayurveda Doctor and Yoga Therapist, Most of the packages and treatments have been designed by me. Since I took over this place in 2012 we have always kept the same Authenticity and standard.

Your Visit to Spa:
I had a meeting with our previous Manager/Owner and we have checked all our records; you have not visited the Lotus or Green Spa before 11th January 2014, so I don’t understand how you can comment we are not up to same standard like before.
The only record we have is the person (partner) who came with you for treatments on that day had approached our previous manager for renting our Yoga space for Fitness classes, which our previous manager did not agree with; as it does not go in line with Yoga and Ayurveda we practice here.

Kind Regards