“Warm, Cosey & Ideal :-)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clayhanger Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Clayhanger Guest House
Herefordshire, United Kingdom
“Warm, Cosey & Ideal :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

During my two night stay I was made to feel very welcome, the cooked breakfast was delightful and the conversations with the welcoming owners was upbeat. :-)
The guest room was very clean & fresh as is the entire B&B, my bed was very neatly presented too with lovely simple freshly pressed sheets.
The Christmas decorations are up and lovely which gave an extra warm homely feel to my stay.
Will recommend this B&B to anyone and shall the need arise will deffinatly book to stay here again, superb owners who want you to enjoy your stay just as much as you do.

1 Thank Disprol28
David E, Owner at Clayhanger Guest House, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Hi Disprol
many thanks for your kind feedback, were glad you had a great stay with us. Be a pleasure to have you return to us.
All the best.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Just spent a few days at the Clayhanger Guest House. The new owners have worked wounders in the short time they have been there, All our needs met. Warm and comfortable breakfasts first class. Will certanly again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lynn B
Hi
Thank you for your lovely feedback, we hope to welcome you back in the new year 2014!
take care
Ipstones, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

When I came the proprietor had only bought the place recently. His welcome was warm and he showed me the lovely guest lounge and the newly fitted out dining room. The room was basic, but the bedding brand new and as it's just a place to put my head overnight, my needs were met. Tip: if you are coming for a Christmas or New Year stop over this year, do ring up and check your booking is recorded, I overheard a conversation that the original bookings were ripped out before being handed over. So help yourself by ringing up and checking. Make sure you know which room you are choosing - the price reflects that some are not en-suite although I'm told every room has it's own hand washing facilities. There are plenty of shops in walking distance and a lovely sandwich shop next door. There are some parking spaces for the hotel at the rear and roadside parking is allowed at the front. If you are working nights, you can request a room to the rear of the property which may be a little quieter than overlooking the road.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank avfrog44
David E, Owner at Clayhanger Guest House, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Hi
Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated. All our rooms now have TV/DVD player, tea and coffee making facilities, with complimentary biscuits and hot chocolate. there are also hair dryers and shaver points in each room.

All have wash hand basin or wash vanity units. We have commenced our refurbishment and each room in turn is being re carpeted and decorated. All standard rooms have access to a newly refurbished bathroom/Shower room which now has a new power shower plus we have two further toilets.

There is free wifi throughout the hotel for the convenience of our guest. All guest have access to our Ironing station, and can take advantage of our in house laundry service.

Guest have access to free car parking at the rear of the hotel and there is unrestricted parking at the front.

We look forward to welcoming you back again so that you may see that what you thought was basic has now been much improved upon.
kind regards
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Had a lovely stay at short notice. Very accomodating and friendly. I would specially recommend this place if you are working at the nearby hospital.
Nice powerful shower for the morning with endless hot water
Faultless breakfast served in the morning.
All in all an excellent stay

2 Thank kumzy
Hi
Thanks for your great feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Clayhanger.
Take care
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We received a very warm welcome at this lovely b&b. The facilities were good and the breakfast great! The location was so conveient and David was only too keen to help us with where to eat out.The clayhanger made our couples of days away really lovely...

2 Thank Vicky_hicks
David E, Owner at Clayhanger Guest House, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Hi Vicky
Thanks for your feedback, it means a lot to us that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Hope to welcome you back at some point in the future.
Take care.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Warm, friendly , clean, comfortable & very satisfying breakfasts!
Recently spent a delightful two night stay . This is the quintessential B&B experience . When we're next in north staffs we shall be back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Paul L
Thank you for your lovely feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Take care.
Whitley Bay, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

I paid for a standard single room for 2 days as I was there for an open day at the local university. It is an easy place to find after traveling for hours and I was welcomed into the guest house but friendly people who made me feel comfortable. The room was nice and clean and the bed was comfier than mine, I slept as well as I could in a new place. I wasn't near the main road, which was quiet, but there was a pub I think behind and I did hear a karaoke one night but it stopped before I went to bed. There was a tv, a chair and a washbasin in my room which was all I need and the wifi is free and decent. If I needed an assistance I just had to ring the buzzer downstairs. The breakfast but better than expected as the place was so cheap but it wasn't anything special. Choices included fry ups, cereals and fruit ect. For lunch and dinner there were plenty of takeaways near by. The owners were lovely, upbeat and chatty which kept me company as I travelled by myself. I would recommend this to anyone as it's the cheapest place you are going to get in this area and it's got everything you need.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Bethla M
David E, Owner at Clayhanger Guest House, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Hi Bethia
many thanks for your feedback, if your ever travelling this way again we would be more than happy to welcome you back.
take care.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
Borough Arms Hotel
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
#4 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent

Been to Clayhanger Guest House? Share your experiences!