“Tired and in need of renovation”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Borough Arms Hotel

Borough Arms Hotel
“Tired and in need of renovation”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed in the main hotel building so can not comment on the new guest rooms around the car park.

Parking though is excellent and very convenient.

Room was quite a distance away from reception up and down stairs and narrow corridors. A bit of a struggle with luggage. But it is an old building so that can be forgiven.

Decor in rooms and bathroom were very 'tired' though and need renovating.

Comfortable beds though and quite enough for a good nights sleep.

I can not comment on breakfast as I had to leave before it was served.

The staff are very friendly, competent and helpful, which compensates to a degree for the rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for one near reception or try a courtyard room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
BoroughArmsHotel, Operations Manager at Borough Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
May I firstly thank you for your recent stay at The Borough Arms hotel and for taking the time to compile a review.

I am sorry that you found the room allocated was looking tired, although i am glad that our staff provided you with good service. We do have a full refurbishment programme planned for 2014 which will improve the overall experience for all our guests once it is completed.

Once again, thank you for submitting your review and I do hope that I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future for a stay that I am sure will exceed your expectations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We just wanted to thank you for a fabulous evening. The food was great, the service was great, fabulous atmosphere. We all danced the night away and had the most enjoyable evening. We will definately be coming back for more. Thank you, love form all at Boux Avenue x

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
I would like to thank you for choosing The Borough Arms hotel for your Christmas Festivities and for taking the time to compile a review of your evening with us.

I am very pleased that you all had such a fabulous experience with us and that the food and service was to your satisfaction. Hopefully there weren't too many sore feet from all the dancing!

Once again, thank you for your kind comments which i have passed on to our staff and I look forward to welcoming you back for many more events in the future.
Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

booked our Christmas meal for work colleagues at the Borough Arms Hotel this year had a fantastic time, the meal was lovely and the service was excellent all rounded off with a wonderful disco. Thank you Borough Arms

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
I am delighted that you and your colleagues enjoyed your Christmas Festivities.

I am glad that the evening met all your expectations with a lovely meal, efficient service and that your party enjoyed the disco after. I have passed on your kind words to all of our staff that were involved in making your party so enjoyable for everyone.

Guest feedback is very important to us and I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the hotel in the near future.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I hired the King room for the annual presention dinner for our bowling club. The food was delicious and the service was excellent, the waitresses were very attentive. The room had festive decorations in place which added to the ambiance of the evening. I dealt with Emma, the events co-ordinator and she was extremely helpful ensuring that the event was a success that was enjoyed by everyone who attended. Several members have asked that we seriously consider the Borough Arms for future events that we may have.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Firstly may I thank you for your recent review following your Annual Presentation Evening at the hotel and for choosing The Borough Arms Hotel to host your event.

I am delighted to that your evening went well, that everything was to your satisfaction and the food provided was enjoyed by you and your guests. I have passed on your kind sentiments to Emma and all the staff involved who always endeavour to make occasions like yours run smoothly.

Thank you once again for your valuable comments and I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Leicester
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is a good value privately owned hotel with motivated staff prepared to do a little bit extra to make your visit enjoyable. The waitress at breakfast was amazing being able to show people to their tables, take their orders, serve the meals keep the hot drinks topped up and clear and prepare the tables single handedly without anyone having to wait for anything.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
I would like to thank you for your recent stay at The Borough Arms hotel and for taking the time to compile a review.

I am very pleased that you had such pleasant experience with us and that the food and service provided was to your satisfaction and I have passed on your kind sentiments to the staff.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We recently held our daughters baptism and 1st birthday celebration at the Borough and we were really impressed by the service we received. We dealt with the Operations Manager, Tim, who made the day as stress free as possible, even down to letting us drop off all our decorations the evening before and setting the room up for us so we didn't need to rush around in the morning before the church service. We opted for hot bowl food and it was really nice - we received lots of positive comments from our guests too. We had the Gladstone bar area all to ourselves as there was another party using the function room - we think this worked in our favour. The party was in the day and we did not use a bedroom so I cannot comment on the hotel bedrooms.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank MonicaofNewcastle
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I hired the King Room for a very special celebration sit down luncheon with the Lord-Lieutenant, the Mayor and Mayoress, Lancaster Herald of Arms and twenty other people.
The food was delicious, the service attentive without being oppressive and in short it was all simply wonderful.
If the need/chance to return arises then I shall certainly be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
Best Western Plus Stoke on Trent Moat House
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel
Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme...
#1 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Premier Inn Stoke-On-Trent (Hanley) Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent
Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel

Been to Borough Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!