“Terrible”

Borough Arms Hotel
Stoke On Trent
“Terrible”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I attended a christmas party on 21st December . The food was terrible . Bland and tasteless . The room and decor was very old fashioned and in need of some TLC. Complete waste of £30 so very disappointing .

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank gemgems17
BoroughArmsHotel, Operations Manager at Borough Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to compile a review of your recent event at The Borough Arms Hotel.

We endeavour to make all our events entertaining and special for everyone who attends them and I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for not meeting your expectations on this occasion.

Our Christmas Dinner & Disco events are very popular and generally enjoyed by all who attend with very positive feedback, so i am truly disappointed to hear that you did not have the same experience as other guests.

There is a refurbishment planned for 2014 which will address your concerns over the current decor and once complete will enhance our guests' experience.

Guest feedback is important to us all here at the Borough Arms as it enables us to ensure we are meeting the standards expected. Where this is not the case it allows us to improve and as such I would once again like to thank you for submitting your review and bringing this to our attention.

I do hope that I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Myself and my friends attended a Christmas dinner & disco at the borough arms and had a brilliant time. Very happy with the food, service, disco and the prices were what we expected to pay for a hotel in the bar - not cheap but not overly high.
Would recommend for a party or function. Thank you

• Stayed December 2013
Firstly may I thank you for your recent review and for choosing The Borough Arms hotel for your Christmas Party.

I am delighted to hear that your evening was thoroughly enjoyed by yourself and your friends, that everything was to your satisfaction, our prices are reasonable and that the food and disco were enjoyed by all.

I have passed on your kind sentiments to all the staff involved who always aim to make our events enjoyable for all who attend.

Thank you once again for your valuable comments and I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel a few times during 2013 and found a variation in rooms. Some of the rooms are very small, all are basic, and some are better than others. My company used the hotel regularly due to pricing and overall it was a satisfactory stay.

I ate breakfast just once and whilst the staff were friendly, it wasn't the best breakfast that I have have. None the less, if you are looking for clean and value for money, I can recommend this hotel. They also have parking facilities.

Room Tip: Room 16 is nice with its own bathroom! Heating is lovely
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
May I firstly thank you for your recent stay at The Borough Arms hotel and for taking the time to compile a review.

I am sorry that your breakfast did not meet expectations. We take pride in offering our guests an excellent service and enjoyable stay. If this is not the case, for whatever the reason, then guest feedback is very important to us and your comments regarding this have been taken on board.

All our rooms are en-suite with heating (should room 16 not be available next time you stay with us) and we are also scheduled to undergo a full refurbishment programme in 2014 which will improve guest experience once complete.

I am glad that you believe we offer good value for money and that you are happy to recommend our hotel.

Once again, thank you for submitting your review and I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
staffordshire
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

We had our Christmas Party at The Borough Arms Hotel on 7/12/13 with 30+ of us having a great night! The food, service and ambience was very good so on behalf of the staff from UHNS who attended the party a big thank your for making our night so special,

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
I would like to thank you for your review following your recent Christmas Party at the hotel.

I am delighted that you all enjoyed your evening with us, found our staff helpful and enjoyed your freshly prepared meals. We always endeavour to provide a good atmosphere at our events and appreciate your kind sentiments.

Guest feedback is very important to us and I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you and your colleagues back to the hotel in the near future.
Stoke On Trent
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We attending the Borough Arms for our Christmas party on Saturday 7th December. The food was absolutely lovely, the service was fantastic and the disco which was provided kept us dancing all night! All of the 22 of us who attended had a fantastic night and we have already enquired about next year!
If you are looking for a well located and reasonably priced place for your christmas party then the Borough is the place to book!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for such kind words, I am delighted to hear that your Festive Celebrations were so enjoyable, that the service was to your satisfaction and that the food provided was enjoyed by you and your guests. I have passed on your kind sentiments to all the staff involved who always aim to make our events run smoothly.

Thank you once again for your valuable comments and I look forward to welcoming you all back to the hotel in the near future.
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed in the main hotel building so can not comment on the new guest rooms around the car park.

Parking though is excellent and very convenient.

Room was quite a distance away from reception up and down stairs and narrow corridors. A bit of a struggle with luggage. But it is an old building so that can be forgiven.

Decor in rooms and bathroom were very 'tired' though and need renovating.

Comfortable beds though and quite enough for a good nights sleep.

I can not comment on breakfast as I had to leave before it was served.

The staff are very friendly, competent and helpful, which compensates to a degree for the rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for one near reception or try a courtyard room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

I am sorry that you found the room allocated was looking tired, although i am glad that our staff provided you with good service. We do have a full refurbishment programme planned for 2014 which will improve the overall experience for all our guests once it is completed.

Once again, thank you for submitting your review and I do hope that I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future for a stay that I am sure will exceed your expectations.
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We just wanted to thank you for a fabulous evening. The food was great, the service was great, fabulous atmosphere. We all danced the night away and had the most enjoyable evening. We will definately be coming back for more. Thank you, love form all at Boux Avenue x

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
I would like to thank you for choosing The Borough Arms hotel for your Christmas Festivities and for taking the time to compile a review of your evening with us.

I am very pleased that you all had such a fabulous experience with us and that the food and service was to your satisfaction. Hopefully there weren't too many sore feet from all the dancing!

Once again, thank you for your kind comments which i have passed on to our staff and I look forward to welcoming you back for many more events in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
Travelodge Newcastle-under-Lyme Central
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
#4 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Travelodge Stoke on Trent Trentham

Been to Borough Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!