“christmas day lunch”
Review of Borough Arms Hotel

Borough Arms Hotel
Reviewed 3 January 2014

we wanted a quiet christmas lunch, in a warm, friendly atmosphere,
we got all that, and more, we were given a booth, which was lovely, but we were
still part of the main room, and enjoyed seeing the family parties enjoying their
christmas lunch.
our service was superb, not in your face, but eagre to please, and my special needs ( I cannot eat full portions), were attended to without any fuss or special attention.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
BoroughArmsHotel, Operations Manager at Borough Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

I would like to thank you for your recent review following your Christmas Day lunch and I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your meal.

I am delighted to hear that you really enjoyed the day and the atmosphere in our restaurant. It is good to hear that you found our staff attentive and you enjoyed your freshly prepared meals. I have passed on your kind sentiments to all of our staff who provided you with such good service and wonderful meal.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I organised a works Christmas party which started off as a provisional booking of 30 then rose to 40 then 50 as take-up was greater than expected. Throughout the process the staff at the Borough were helpful & accomodating despite the changes in numbers & the fact that we were a late booking. We ended up in the King room, due to the numbers, which we had all to ourselves. The food was great & the service was efficient. All the feedback I had from the diners was positive, I have not had one complaint which, considering there were 50 of us is amazing. The price was also good at £16.95 per head. I dont know if I will be the organisor next year but I will definately recommend coming here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pam D

Firstly may I thank you for your recent review and for choosing The Borough Arms hotel for your Christmas Party.

It was a pleasure dealing with you and i am glad we were able to accomodate all your changes so efficiently. I am delighted to hear that your meal was thoroughly enjoyed by yourself and your colleagues, that everything was to your satisfaction, our prices are good and that the service provided was to a high standard.

I have passed on your kind sentiments to all the staff involved who always aim to make our events enjoyable for all who attend.

Thank you once again for your valuable comments and I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you all back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Our family of 13 had a fantastic meal on boxing day, the food was lovely & the service amazing. Special thanks to the manager who could not have been more attentive when our little boy was feeling unwell & for the gifts for all of the little ones. This was our 2nd family gathering here and we wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed: December 2013

Firstly may I thank you for your recent review following your Boxing Day lunch and for choosing The Borough Arms once again.

I am very pleased that you have had another pleasant experience with us and that the food and service provided has remained to your satisfaction. It was our pleasure to welcome you and i am happy that the gifts were well received by the children.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you back for many more happy occasions in the future.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Our family went to the Borough Arms Hotel for Christmas Day lunch. The food was really good and the service was excellent. Staff were very attentive from the minute we arrived. All vegetables were fresh and served in dishes so that you could have as much or as little as you required. The choice of wines was also good with something to suit everyone. Our party ranged from 26-84 years of age and all were happy.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

I would like to thank you for choosing The Borough Arms Hotel for your Christmas Day lunch and for taking the time to compile a review.

I am very pleased that you had such a pleasant experience with us and that the food and service provided was to your satisfaction. I am glad that all your guests had such an enjoyable time and i have passed on your kind comments to all our staff.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We had our wedding at the Borough Arms on 21/09/2013 Emma Jordan the wedding co-ordinator and Mr Sheik were extremely helpful and took time to make sure everything went to plan. We had the bridal suite which was lovely and even had a gift. We had boxing day lunch at the hotel and the food yet again was wonderful. We cannot recommend the hotel enough if you are thinking of holding a wedding or any other event please take a look at the hotel for yourself.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

I would like to thank you for your recent review and your kind words.

I am delighted to hear that your Wedding celebrations went well and you & your guests also enjoyed your Boxing Day meal. I am glad that everything was to your satisfaction and that the food provided was enjoyed by you and your guests.

Guest feedback is very important to us and I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I have to agree with the below review of 'terrible' too. We ate here just before Christmas for a bar meal, for the barmaid to forget our drinks order that I ordered with the food and she continued to serve the 'regular' customers that obviously frequent there more than I do (which isn't difficult and won't be difficult as I will not be going back), I had to ask for our drinks to which I got a 'oh sorry, I forgot'. The bar was not busy at all - the restaurant was but the bar only had three couples in and one of them was us. When the food came it was cold to luke-warm, the vegetables were stone cold and I have seen bigger portions at McDonalds - and had better food. When we paid, we were asked did we enjoy our meals to which we responded that no, we did not. All that we were met with was an apology, to be informed that 'Mr Sheik' (whoever he is) likes customers to complain when they are eating and the promise of a free pudding next time....well Mr Sheik, you will not be given the opportunity to give us a free pudding and if it is true that you like customers to complain whilst eating, I will say this - your customers should not have to complain, the food should be cooked to an acceptable standard, regardless!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank windsor988

Many thanks for taking the time to compile a review.

I’m sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent meal as we did not live up to your expectations or meet the standards that we set ourselves. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously.

Please accept my apologies for the issues that you encountered and i can assure you that this is not the usual service that our guests enjoy as can be seen from other reviews. Should any guests encounter any problems then we do like to hear about it at the time so as to try and resolve matters quickly and efficiently and I would be more than happy to discuss any of your concerns in the first instance should you wish to contact me direct.

Guest feedback is important to us all here at the Borough Arms and it enables us to ensure we are meeting the standards expected. Where this is not the case it enables us to improve and as such I would once again like to thank you for submitting your review and bringing this to our attention.

I do hope that I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Tim Armstrong

Reviewed 27 December 2013

34 Workmates attended the party disco on the above date. The food & entertainment was excellent. This was our 5th year at the Borough & we look forward to booking again next year.I would like to congratulate Mr Shake & his team on providing a great night out.Yours sincerely Dave Stubbs.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
BoroughArmsHotel, Operations Manager at Borough Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

I would like to thank you for choosing to hold your Christmas Festivities at The Borough Arms Hotel and for taking the time to compile a review of your event.

I am very pleased that you and your colleagues have had yet another excellent experience with us and that the food and entertainment provided has remained to your satisfaction.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you all back for many more great nights in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
Travelodge Newcastle-under-Lyme Central
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
#4 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Travelodge Stoke on Trent Trentham

Been to Borough Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!