“First class accommodation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Borough Arms Hotel
Worcester, United Kingdom
“First class accommodation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed at the Borough Arms Hotel whilst visiting my husband in the University Hospital Stoke. He was having a major operation. I cannot fault the kindness and understanding that was shown to me during my five day stay. I was given an excellent suite with wonderful facilities and very clean. The staff were marvelous - very attentive to all my needs. The food was excellent and most enjoyable. I have stayed in many hotels and feel that this was by far the best. Well done to all concerned in giving a first class experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BoroughArmsHotel, Operations Manager at Borough Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
May I firstly thank you for your recent stay at The Borough Arms hotel and for taking the time to compile a review.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during your recent difficult circumstances and very happy that the staff all looked after you so well and were attentive to your needs. It was a pleasure being of service to you and it is good to know the food and service were so good during your stay.

We take pride in offering our guests an excellent service and an enjoyable stay. We are also scheduled to undergo a full refurbishment programme in 2014 which will further improve guest experience once complete.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your husband back to the hotel in the future for a relaxing break and wish him all the best in his ongoing recovery.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed at the Borough Arms in January. The hotel has seen better days. The room was a good size and so was the bathroom but sadly both were rather dated. The hotel had a dining room with a menhu on display but on the night we stayed it did not open. On the plus side there was free wif. Despite all this it was not overly expensive, which is proably why the car park was full thaat evening, and we probably got what we paid for.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
BoroughArmsHotel, Operations Manager at Borough Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 8 March 2014

I am glad you enjoyed our free Wi-Fi service but it is a shame that you did not have the opportunity of using our restaurant, which is open every lunch time until 2:00pm and evenings (except Sunday) until 9:00pm.

I am glad that you believe we offer good value for money and I hope that I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future when you will hopefully choose to sample our excellent cuisine.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have used the Borough Arms on a couple of occasions now for business meetings. We have been provided with an excellent meeting room, good support and a great lunch to follow the meeting. The food in particular was excellent on our last visit. Will certainly use again :) Many thanks to all the team.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Paul M
Firstly may I thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor following your recent business meetings at the hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you felt that we provided you and your colleagues with an excellent meeting room, good support and a great lunch.

I have passed on your comments to all the team here who appreciate your praise.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Borough Arms Hotel for your meetings and I look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues to our hotel once again in the near future.
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Decided to pop in for lunch rather than going into the town centre for a change. As it was just after noon it was very quiet but I was welcomed by a very friendly bar assistant who quickly took my order. I had a hot turkey baguette which was accompanied by a large salad and the most delicious chips I have had in a long time. It was all freshly cooked to perfection and the taste and presentation excellent. Although a little dated the Gladstone Bar was clean and comfortable and all for about £5.
Will go again for lunch and will try the restaurant at some stage based on this experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Firstly may I thank you for your recent review and for choosing The Borough Arms hotel.

I am delighted to hear that your meal & drinks were good value for money and that our staff provided such good, friendly service. I have passed on your kind sentiments to all the staff involved who always aim to exceed customer expectations.

We are currently planning a refurbishment to update the hotel including the bar and I do hope that I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future to sample one of our restaurant meals.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent! The food was out of this world and the service was fantastic! The staff were very friendly and made us very welcome! We did not have to wait long for our food! Can't wait to go again! I would highly recommend visiting the Borough Arms!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dean W
I would like to thank you for choosing The Borough Arms Hotel for your Valetines Dinner and for taking the time to compile a review.

I am very pleased that you had such a pleasant experience with us and that the food and service provided was fantastic and out of this world. It is the highest of praise to receive recommendations from our guests to their friends and family and your kind words are greatly appreciated.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you back soon for many more happy occasions.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Excellent Valentines meal, staff very attentive, food fab served by a lady we first met there over 30 years ago, and service was as good as we remembered,
English high quality food. Great value for money made us feel very special......Well done Borough and thank you.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I would like to thank you for your recent review following your Valentine's dinner and I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your meal.

I am delighted to hear that you really enjoyed the evening. It is good to hear that you found our staff attentive and you enjoyed your freshly prepared meals. I have passed on your kind sentiments to all of our staff who provided you with such good service and wonderful meal.

I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the hotel once again in the near future.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

We had our wedding reception at the hotel, from the day we booked the reception through to the actual day of the reception we received a first class service from the staff at the hotel. The price for the hire of the room; the buffet and dressing of the room was very reasonable; staff service on the day was excellent and all of our needs were catered for. Our wedding planner helped us plan the perfect day and was very supportive and accommodating and all of our guests commented on how good the selection of food was; how nice the room looked and how nice an atmosphere the hotel had. I would recommend this hotel as a very suitable venue for anyone who was getting married.

Room Tip: All of our wedding guests commented on how clean the rooms were and how good breakfast was.