“Our wedding !!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Borough Arms Hotel
“Our wedding !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

2 years ago me and my partner decided to look for a wedding venue and so we had a nip in to the borough, the lady at reception was extremely helpful and introduced us to Mr Sheikh. He then took the time out to take us a whole walk through the hotel and explained everything that would be happening on our "big day" ... Basically he sold it to us there and then and so we booked it. Mr Sheikh and Emma Jordan kept in constant contact with us until the day eventually arrived! The day itself can only be described as "phenomenal" the service we received off everyone at the hotel was amazing, they treated us like royalty and made us and our guests so welcome! The wedding breakfast was to die for so massive compliments to the chef. All in all everything was amazing and I would recommend this venue to anyone for any occasion! Thank you again for everything and we will see you soon. Kind regards Mr and Mrs Cookson

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank NathanCookson
BoroughArmsHotel, Operations Manager at Borough Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 22 September 2014
Firstly may I thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor following your wedding celebrations and for choosing The Borough Arms hotel to host your celebrations.

I am delighted to hear that your day went well, that everything was to your satisfaction and I am also happy to hear that our freshly prepared menu catered to all your guests needs and was enjoyed by all.

It's great to get positive feedback about the hotel, especially the staff who go out of their way to make the business what it is and knowing you feel we made you feel like royalty and helped make your day "phenomenal" is especially good to hear.

I have passed on your kind sentiments to all the staff involved who always aim to make occasions like yours so special.

Thank you once again for your valuable comments and I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I booked the Borough Arms Hotel for a farewell party for my son and his partner who are emigrating to Australia. This was an event for 80 friends and family and the venue was excellent from the initial booking, helping to plan the evening through top the night itself. The staff were extremely helpful and allowed us to decorate the room prior to the evening and during the event were discrete but always at hand if we needed anything. The food was great and there was plenty for everyone. I would highly recommend this venue for a special occasion or family event.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NigelG112
Firstly may I thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor following the leaving party held prior to emigrating to Australia and for choosing The Borough Arms hotel to host your event.

I am delighted to hear that your evening went well, that everything was to your satisfaction and that the food provided was enjoyed by you and your guests. I have passed on your kind sentiments to all the staff involved who always aim to make occasions like yours run smoothly.

Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Another fabulous evening at The Borough Arms! We all had a really lovely time thanks to Mr Sheikh and all his staff. The food was delicious,the disco was great with the DJ playing a selection of music through the decades so the dance floor was always full.The service is always second to none and the staff are so friendly and helpful! I have organised several parties in the last five years at the Borough and every time everything has gone to plan without any problems whatsoever.The staff and especially Mr Sheikh are well organised professional and above all warm and friendly. I would highly recommend The Borough Arms and we will certainly be returning soon! Thinking about the staff xmas do already!! :) So glad to have such a great venue in our town.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank FAIRY535
BoroughArmsHotel, Operations Manager at Borough Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
May I firstly thank you for choosing to hold your colleague's retirement party at The Borough Arms hotel and for taking the time to compile a review of the event.

I am delighted that you found all our staff to be friendly & helpful and that our resident DJ ensured everyone was dancing the night away!

I am also happy to hear that our freshly prepared food was well received by all and that we were able to maintain the high standards that you have experienced during previous events.

Personal recommendation is the highest form of praise and I will ensure that I pass on your kind words to all the staff involved in making your event so enjoyable.

I look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues back to the hotel for one of our Christmas Party Nights this festive season if not before.
Sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We recently held a small client event here for professional business contacts. We chose the hotel initially on the basis of location; being central but also having good car parking available. We used the King room which has its own bar, good size entertaining/conference room and and an ante room where we had our buffet. The buffet was varied and nice food; really good value for money. As other reviewer's have commented though, it is the proprieter and his staff that make this hotel what it is. Welcoming, professional and with good attention to detail, they did everything to make sure our event went well. If you are looking for a venue with a good location (with parking), warm welcome and good value for money, look no further.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jules098
May I firstly thank you for choosing The Borough Arms hotel for your recent event and for taking the time to compile a review.

It's great to get positive feedback about the hotel, especially the staff who go out of their way to make the business what it is.

I am delighted that you found all our staff helpful, welcoming and professional as we all take great pride in offering our guests an excellent service.

I am also happy to hear that our freshly prepared buffet catered to all your guests needs and offers good value for money.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Akron, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We needed a place to stay and this place was recommended to by another hotel that was booked solid. I am actually glad we did end up here to be honest with you. The price was great and the accommodations were very good. The hotel was clean too and that is always a plus!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BoroughArmsHotel, Operations Manager at Borough Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
May I firstly thank you for your recent stay at The Borough Arms hotel and for taking the time to compile a review.

We take pride in offering our guests an excellent service and an enjoyable stay and I am glad to hear that you had an extremely happy and comfortable stay with us.

I am glad you believe that we offer good value for money and I will ensure that I pass on your kind words to all the staff involved in making your stay so enjoyable.

I hope that we are now your first choice hotel for any future visits to the area.
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

My Dad was in North Staffs hospital and Mum was staying here for the duration to be near him as we live in Wigan. She only stayed one night as Dad passed away soon after being admitted. As we booked out the manager looked after us and was very caring and professional, it was very much appreciated. We also received a card from the hotel which was a nice thought. Not a usual review but I thought it should be mentioned. I would like to thank the manager for his attention and caring manner.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Steven M
May I firstly express our deepest sympathies for your recent loss and i would like to thank you for taking the time to compile a review during such a difficult time.

I am glad that we could be of assistance to your mum during such a emotional experience. We do aim to aid our guests in any way possible during their stay with us and I am glad that we were able to help.

I hope i am able to welcome your mum or yourself back to the hotel under better circumstances in the future.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Recently held wedding ceremony and reception at the Borough Arms Hotel. Had a fab day would definitely recommend. The whole preparation for the wedding made my husband and myself feel reassured throughout, the hotel have their own wedding planner who is fantastic and kept in touch with us constantly we can't praise her enough. The room was set up lovely for the ceremony and so to for the night infact it took my breath away as I was a little overwhelmed and never imagined it could of looked so nice, big thank you to all staff who made our day special. Guests also commented on how beautiful the whole day was and how hotel staff had made us feel really special. The bridal suite was amazing and very roomy in all a great day. I have used the hotel twice now for parties the first being a christening which was amazing too nothing is too much trouble for any of the management or staff at hotel, will always use hotel for any further parties etc.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Wollams
I would like to thank you for choosing the Borough Arms hotel for your special day and for taking the time to compile a review.

I am delighted that our staff helped to make your day and guests feel so special and that our wedding planner was able to reassure you during the planning of such a big event.

We all take great pride in offering our guests an excellent service and making everyone feel special so I am glad to hear that you and your guests needs were catered to at all times.

Personal recommendation is the highest form of praise and I will ensure that I pass on your kind words to all the staff involved in making your celebrations so enjoyable.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel for many more celebrations in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke-On-Trent Hanley Moat House Hotel
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Premier Inn Stoke-On-Trent (Hanley) Hotel
Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel
Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme...
#1 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
#4 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Been to Borough Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!