“Ok for a stopover”

Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Good - staff were warm and friendly, the bed was very comfortable (if you like firm mattresses) and there is ample parking

Not so good - pathetic water pressure from the 'shower', more like a dribble; noise from neighbouring rooms which was not partying but noise travelling through poorly insulated floors and walls.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Janey S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for your feedback; I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review highlighting not only the bad but the good.

I am very sorry that on this occasion the shower did not meet your expectations and would like to apologise for this. I will ask maintenance to check the shower and investigate what the issue was. The comfort and enjoyment of all our guests is very important to us and I apologise that you were disturbed by noise from neighbouring rooms.

I am, however, pleased that you found the staff to be warm and friendly and our bed comfortable.

Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay and I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We booked into this hotel on the 5th October for its convenience for Alton Towers. I booked through the website using my card details to secure the room. When we arrived at the hotel, my partner paid for the room using his debit card. He was at no time told this was a deposit for the room, or that it would be refunded at point of checkout. There was no one on the reception desk at the point of checkout so knowing we had not charged anything to the room, left the key in the drop box.
Having noticed that the room was also deducted from my debit card from the booking I made I contacted the hotel and spoke with Kevin who admitted it was the hotels' error. He then told us that it was the bank who help the money and that we would receive it back within 10 working days. 10 working days later we contacted the hotel to be told that to get this refund we had to call our bank. The bank told us they hold no money at all. It is now the 18th November and the money still has not been refunded. They have spun us a load of rubbish when all they need to do is credit the card. Poor service and lying to customers, and we are still out or of pocket and no sign of a refun. Would strongly advise against using this dishonest service and look for another option if you dont want to be left out of pocket.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Lotte B,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn to celebrate nearby a family birthday. The two rooms booked were comfortable and clean, though all found the mattresses a bit firm. There was a small problem during the night due to the over zealous alcohol fuelled behaviour of other guests. This was dealt with by the Melissa at reception and her colleague Paul in a friendly and professional manner, which was appreciated by all. Despite the length of the corridors and the long walk to our room, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your taking time to feedback about your stay. I am delighted that you found our bedrooms to be clean and comfortable. I am sorry that you were disturbed during your stay, however I am pleased that Paul & Melissa went that extra mile to address this situation. The team work really hard to ensure that every guest has a great stay and they will really appreciate your positive comments and that you scored us 5 out of 5.

We appreciate you taking the time and effort to feedback and it is very pleasing that you would definitely return to the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent in the near future.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

An excellent hotel with helpful, friendly and happy staff. Nothing was too much trouble.
My colleague and I stayed recently and we both enjoyed exceptional dinner on three evenings. Staff in the dining room were attentive without being intrusive.
My hairdryer was not working as it should, at 9:00pm the General Manager went to the nearest 24hour store and purchased a brand new hairdryer for me to use as they had no replacement available for me.
Brilliant customer service. If you are in the area stay here, you can't beat the view from the restaurant, the food, the service, the staff and the amenities.
Excellent 10 out of 10. Thank you

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Wendy S, GM's PA at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments onto Trip Advisor, following your recent visit to the Holiday inn Stoke on Trent.

I was very pleased to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us, especially dinner in our restaurant and interaction from our team. We were also pleased to ready that the hair dryer saved the day!!

Thank you very much once again, and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Standard Holiday Inn room - clean and nothing special. Unable to turn off one side of the bedside lamps, very inconvenient when one person wants to sleep and the other not. Bad TV reception, difficult to enjoy any TV shows. Like the swimming pool, whirl pool and large free car parks. Free wifi is very slow.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on trip advisor.

We were sorry to hear of the shortfall you experienced, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused

It was pleasing to read that you enjoyed our leisure facilities and I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stay here regularly as it is convenient for visiting my daughter in University.

Check-in was slow, the price was quite high which I guess is because it is half-term and therefore busier but this was not reflected in the staffing on reception, particularly on check-out when someone was querying their phone bill a queue built up and it was a few minutes before two more staff arrived. I stay here with my teenage son and book two rooms online - each time I put in one adult in each room - yet this never sees to be correct when we check-in (two people in two rooms?) nor despite the website saying payment is in advance do they manage this for both rooms.

My main gripe was lovely though it is that some refurbishment has gone on - the TV was on the wall there was now no mirror close enough to use the hairdryer - seriously for a large hotel chain surely someone can work out that mirror/dressing table/hairdryer are an important item.

I would also prefer some sensible alternative at a sensible time of day to a £10 breakfast when I don't want more than a slice of toast.

Finally, I was asked to do a survey which asked if I was greeted as an IHG rewards member - this has never happened and it didn't bother me until I found out I should be, also being shoved in the smallest rooms doesn't seem a good way to reward a regular visitor!

Convenient, clean and OK and I doubt we will change but it is a bit overpriced for what it is and we no longer eat here because of it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments on trip adviser following your recent visit to the hotel.

We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and are always very pleased to receive constructive feedback from our guests to ensure that our high standards are retained.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you were caused. I can assure you that I have noted the points, which you raised, and that these have been acted upon accordingly, with any necessary retraining being carried out.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Stoke-on-Trent in the near future.

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night. Bed comfortable and a clean room. TV service not all channels viewable. Bathroom had signs of refurb with new shower rail/curtains and new tiles but old stained bath and door.

Food was quite good but expensive and why is the Boddingtons served ice cold? Beer should not be the same temperature as lager in my view.

The corridors to the bedrooms are really drab and the overall impression is that the hotel needs a comprehensive face lift.

Staff were helpful and friendly but it would not be my first choice for a return to the area.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Wendy S, GM's PA at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Sir/Madam

Dear Sir/Madame

We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and are always very pleased to receive constructive feedback from our guests good or bad to ensure that our high standards are retained.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you were caused. I can assure you that I have noted the points which you raised and that these have been shared with my Management team and will be actioned accordingly.

Kindest regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent
Borough Arms Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
#1 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Travelodge Stoke on Trent Trentham

Been to Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6? Share your experiences!