“As expected” 4 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
London, United Kingdom
“As expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed one night on a business trip. Staff helpful and keen to answer questions. Room was small, dated, but nonetheless very clean. Restaurant staff were keen to please but the menu is very 'American Diner' and not really to my personal taste. I opted for the steak and it was slightly more overdone than I would prefer and the salad accompaniment a little sparse with no dressing. As a careful eater there are healthy options for breakfast such as porridge or poached eggs which is pleasing.

Room Tip: I requested a quiet room and indeed the one I was given although small was quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Janey S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to feedback following your recent stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the rooms to be clean and the restaurant staff keen to please.

Once again many thanks for your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Staff friendly and plenty of parking and just off the motorway,
Rooms very dated and in need of updating but have all the usual, tea/coffee,television etc.
Didn't eat a dinner here but had breakfast which was ok.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Janey S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to feedback following your recent stay. I am pleased that found the staff to be friendly. The team work really hard to ensure that every guest has a fantastic stay and will be very happy to read your comments.

As you mention, the hotel has a great location close to the motorway and other attractions like Alton Towers and The Potteries. In addition we have a large car park.

I am sorry that you found the hotel to be dated, we work hard to keep the hotel looking fresh and well maintained.

Once again many thanks for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.
Hertfordshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night while visiting family.
The receptionist was very welcoming and helpful. Room was sizeable and had all the usual facilities. They still charge for the wifi which is terrible. It's free at the nearby Holiday Inn Express!
Breakfast next morning (extra charge) was good and plentiful. Only problem was cold coffee. I did ask for fresh but was brought more cold coffee. I gave up asking.
On checkout the receptionist asked if we'd enjoyed our stay, which we had. She asked if our breakfast was ok, I said the coffee was cold but she ignored that and moved on to sorting the bill. No comment or apology. If you're not interested if everything was ok, don't bother asking.
We weren't there long enough to use the leisure facilities.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Janey S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your recent stay. I am pleased that you found the receptionist welcoming and that you enjoyed your breakfast.

I am sorry that the coffee was cold, this is brewed on a regular basis during breakfast and I am disappointed that this issue was not resolved to your satisfaction. I am also sorry that the receptionist did not deal with your comments on check out as this is not to our normal standards of guest service. I will feedback your comments to my Front Office Manager and we will ensure that all staff are retrained on handling guest feedback proactively.

Once again thank you for your comments and I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.
norwich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

We visit stoke on trent every other month to see family so we are a regular for staying in hotels in this area.
This visit was over the Christmas period 2013, and on first impressions the person who was on the reception desk gave us a very warm welcome indeed and was most helpful giving us a voucher to cut the price of breakfast the next morning, he also said that we could bring our grand children to the pool if we wanted. The room smelt lovely and fresh when we entered, and everywhere was very clean, the pillows were of very good quality which is a must for me to get a good nights sleep. Curtains were not only good to look at they were also blackout and we didn't hear any noise from the motorway at all. There was a trouser press, hairdryer, tea making facilities and a phone, of which 5 mins after arriving we had a call from the desk asking if everything was to our liking!! We stayed in room 114 and on Christmas morning I wanted to facetime my grandchildren to see them open their presents and one of the staff bought me a free voucher to our room so I wouldn't miss them! We had a brilliant nights sleep and the breakfasts you simply couldn't fault... This may only be a 3 star but they certainly gave us 5 star service there was nothing we could complain about, I didn't take the name of the person on the desk that we dealt with us the most, I only know that he had only been there for 2 months but he is a credit to the hotel!! We hope to stay there many times in the future knowing that we will be well looked after. Some chains we have stayed have been a nightmare, dirty bed linen, rude staff to name but a few things. Do not hesitate to stay at the holiday Inn you wont regret it all the staff we dealt with were very very helpful and pleasant... they have got it just right and pay great attention to detail... well done you should be proud!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your fantastic review, I am delighted you had such a great stay and I know the team will be thrilled by your feedback.

We always strive to put our guests at the heart of everything we do and it is really appreciated when this gets recognised.

Once again thank you for your very positive comments and for scoring us 5 out of 5. We look forwarding to seeing you again in the not too distant future at the Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent.
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Arrived here after an awful journey culminating with an accident on the motorway. Front desk staff were very welcoming and the manager called my room to make sure I was ok. I had hoped to use the pool but decided I needed a drink more than I needed a swim. Drinks were quite pricey but I guess this is where they make a large profit. I ate at the bar which was fine and they had some kind of drink/food offer on. Bar girls were friendly and smiley. Room clean and tidy but tiny bathroom. Good breakfast the next morning and I heard guests asking for less common items (porridge made with soy milk) which were accommodated without a problem. Absolutely fine for a one night business trip and very continently located close to motorway.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for telling us about your recent stay, I am delighted you had such a good stay with us at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent. The team work very hard to try and ensure every guest leaves here loving the hotel and the service and it is always appreciated when guests take the trouble to post such positive feedback, thank you.

I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area.
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

Having tried to stay at the fully occupied Travelodge at the previous services to junction 15 m6, I was advised by the helpful reception chap, to try here - so I did, and what a lovely surprise.
This hotel was probably the best Holiday Inn I have stayed at, the staf were excellent, rooms very well kept, and in the restaurant at breakfast I enjoyed the best waiter - servered Starbucks I've ever had (I thought they were all supposed to be the same, but that just ain't true to my palate).

so 10 out of 10 on all counts, and I will go out of my way to stay there again.

Room Tip: Anything on the ground floor
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to feedback following your recent stay. I am so pleased that you had a great stay and that you found the rooms to be well kept. The team work really hard to ensure that every guest has a fantastic stay and will be very happy to read your comments.

Once again many thanks for your positive comments and for scoring us 5 out of 5. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

Friendly staff, busy atmosphere but rooms a little tired
Breakfast excellent and staff could not have been more helpful
Pool good as is hot tub
Best to go for an upgraded room rather than the small standard room

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank grbucket
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear grbucket,

Thank you for your feedback. It is nice to know that you found our staff to be accommodating and the breakfast served was excellent for your needs. It is always nice to receive this type of feedback from our valued guests like you.

We hope to have an opportunity of hosting you again soon should your travels bring you back to the area.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent
Borough Arms Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
#2 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke-On-Trent Hanley Moat House Hotel
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel
Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel
Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme...
#1 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Been to Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6? Share your experiences!