“WALKS THE TALK” 5 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
Devizes, United Kingdom
“WALKS THE TALK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Arrived en-famille late in the evening and the receptionist noticed that I had booked the room for one person so it was not made up. Despite the late hour the team sorted out the room within minutes making up the sofa bed and bringing extra towels. Very nice rooms, plenty big enough and a proper bath.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Janey S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am delighted that the team were able to resolve the issue with your room and I am pleased that you liked your room and found it to be sufficient size for your family.

The team do work very hard to ensure that every guest has a great stay and I am pleased that you scored us 5 out of 5.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

I had been booked in to the hotel by an organisation, which had reserved several rooms under a block booking.
A polite welcome greeting would have been appreciated on arrival, or even "Hello".
When I arrived I gave the name of the organisation and the male on reception looked totally nonplussed. He called for a female colleague as he was out of his depth.
When the female arrived I again gave the name of the organisation who had booked my room and she could not find any details. The female receptionist then passed me a sheet of paper with a list of names on it to see if I could find my name. This was a list for a totally different group of people!
By this time, I was becomiing distinctly unhappy.
I then gave her my name, again, and she could not find me on the computer, so she said. I checked the spelling of my name again and then another female colleague pointed out she was spelling my name incorrectly!!
I finally managed to book in and receive my key card. It only took twenty minutes!!
I enquired about wi fi. Nothing free. Could be purchased for an hour or multiples of an hour. This then had to be used in one hit. No logging in and out. I was appalled. The attitude when explaining it left a great deal to be desired.
The room, when I finally reached it had its own problems. There was a slope in the floor between the bedroom and the ensuite which could not be seen due to the patterned carpet. I almost fell on two occasions until I got used to it.
The radiator was sited beneath the window, when the full length curtains were closed this effectively directed most of the heat to the windows and not into the room. Terrific!!
When I checked out in morning and settled my account for the extortionate wi fi, I did not receive a smile or a "thank you".
Staff training is definitely lacking at this hotel, I think customer service is not on their priority list.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Stansbird1
Dear Stansbird1

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am sorry that there was confusion with your arrival. I have shared your comments with my Front Office Manager and have asked for him to carry out remedial training as some of the reception team are new to the department .

I am sorry that your stay was not up to our normal high level of service and I appreciate your feedback as this allows me to address the areas you have highlighted.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future so you can experience the level of customer service that the team normally achieve.

Kind regards

Janey Sheehan

Travellers are raving about these Newcastle-under-Lyme hotels

Peterborough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

just returned from visit to this hotel, wont stay again, given wrong room type on check in, hotel not told what we had booked online, took nearly two hours for manager to check every room herself as didn't know the hotel layout, and because housekeeping don't tell reception what rooms are made up offered us a free coffee while waited this didn't arrive. when finally got to room, which smelt musty, the bathmat was stained orange, so couldn't use the shower, the sofa bed was stained. dinner was lovely, until was told to sign for bill payment, even though we were on dinner bed breakfast rate. the manager blamed the new staff team, have stayed in numerous holiday inns but will avoid this one.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else !!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank andyd31
Dear Andy31

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed your dinner and whilst you were on a Dinner, Bed and Breakfast and were concerned that you were asked to sign your restaurant bill, I would like to assure you that this is normal policy.

I understand there was a short delay of whilst the Duty Manager worked to sort out a room where the sofa had not been converted into bed and I am sorry that this was not resolved in a timely manner.

I understand that my Front Office Manager and Operations Manager have both, unsuccessfully, attempted to contact you to discuss your stay.

I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay as we have many great reviews and positive feedback, however I will ensure that your comments are shared with the relevant team members.

If you wish to discuss your stay with me, please contact me at the hotel.

Kind regards

Janey Sheehan
Evesham, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Good start to week, Clean rooms, good gym and some excellent staff, but then in one night and morning it all went wrong........
We ordered food at 1930 for 4 of us, the meals finally arrived at 2040 which for Pie and Chips is a bit long, then we found that the Pies were wrong and had to go back, finally the Pies came back at 2110hrs, both were very well done with crusts you could not eat.
It took 25min for a bottle of wine to arrive on the table, as the waitress said sorry she mentioned she had only just got it out of the FRIDGE, it was a bottle of Shiraz.......!!!!

Breakfast, I feel sorry for the staff who could not cope with the high volume of customers, but waiting 35min for coffee is just a joke, no chance of Poached eggs

A clean hotel that can not manage..........

O and £50 a week for WIFI this is 2014 guys...........................

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear Matt T,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review about your visit. We are pleased to know that you found our rooms to be clean. However, we are sorry if the food service and the cause for Wifi was a disappointment. We take all feedback seriously and your comments will help us enhance what we can offer.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Burnley, Lancs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Excellent hotel, good food and hospitable staff. Room most comfortable well appointed and quiet.
No complaints at all and would recommend this hotel to anybody and will probably stay again next time we need too.

Room Tip: Be in the priority club.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Janey S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. The staff do go that extra meal to ensure that every guest has a great stay and they will appreciate your kind comments.

I am delighted that you would recommend our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I am a regular at IHG this was my first stay at this one. Reception and check in fast and polite. Room as expected and in good order. Condition of the hotel was OK for its age, as noted in previous reports the hotel is a little higgeldy piggledy and confusing. In general the hotel was showing signs of its age but still acceptable quality. Whatever it lacked in general condition was more than compensated for by the superb staff, they really raised the IHG benchmark. Spa/pool OK. Used the restaurant for dinner, good meal........as ever with IGH the "kids for free" deal makes eating in a no brain'r. All in all nothing of significance to fault it. Same old IGH grumble though.......booked this one on my IHG points, why can you not get a breakfast inclusive deal.......At the price however, good value and I would go again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Janey S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to feedback following your recent stay. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff 'superb'. They do try and make sure that every guests leaves the hotel having had a great stay and they will really appreciate that you have recognised their efforts.

I will also share your comments about the IHG Rewards Nights with our head office.

Once again many thanks for your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.
Faversham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn, Stoke on Trent for one night as part of an Alton Towers deal, the room was clean and well presented, but what a distance from reception it was, down mile upon mile of corridor. The pool was good for a quick swim and the breakfast service was good too. The hotel staff are friendly but there is always a but, I enquired at reception if they had any information on Cadbury World in Birmingham, it was on the way home and we wanted to see if was worth a visit. The reply was no, no offer of getting details for us, just a blunt no!! The hotel is also like a lot of Holiday Inn hotels, it needs some TLC and investment, the public areas look dated, and the corridors were dark and dismal. I would never have paid the prices advertised at reception or for the restaurant.

Room Tip: Pick one near to reception, ours was so far away it could have actually been in Stoke
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Janey S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to feedback to us about your recent stay, highlighting not only the good but the not so good as well. I am pleased that you found our rooms to be clean and well presented, however as you say we are a low rise building with longer corridors and it can be a bit of a trek to some of our rooms. It also does depend on what room type you booked as our family rooms are at the back of the hotel in the quieter section of the hotel.

I am pleased that you liked the pool and that you had an enjoyable breakfast. However I am disappointed with the response you got regarding Cadbury World. All of reception have access to the internet and I would have expected the receptionist to have completed an internet search for the information you required. I will be sharing you comments with my Front Office Manager so he can ensure that the team are fully briefed on how to assist our guests.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent
Borough Arms Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
#2 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke-On-Trent Hanley Moat House Hotel
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel
Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel
Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme...
#1 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Been to Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6? Share your experiences!