“Slow but nice”

Rare Lounge Bar & Steakhouse Newcastle
Price range: US$13 - US$27
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Our speciality is thick, juicy, succulent, and tasty steaks, which our Chefs will char grill to your preference. We use only 28 day matured, locally sourced and Best of British Blackgate beef that we believe is the best in the area. For non steak lovers and non meat eaters our Head Chef has created an exciting array of dishes to tantalise your taste buds including delicious salads, chicken, fish, home made burgers and fajita dishes, as well as a good range of Starters, and delicious Desserts to finish you meal. Open all day from 9:30am Monday -Saturday until Midnight and from 12pm until 11pm on a Sunday, serving the only unlimited breakfast in Newcastle for just £7.95, and Lunch for under a fiver. We have full disabled access and children are welcome, and catered for with their own menu.
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Girlfriend chose as they have steak and Mexican. I had a T-bone, very nice, sides were good. Price was very good.
Girlfriend had the fajitas, nicely spiced.
Booked right after two big parties, wish something was said so we could have maybe gone earlier.

Not too bad though, will see you soon

Rare-Lounge S, General Manager at Rare Lounge Bar & Steakhouse Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Hi Nozser. Thank you for visiting us. We are sorry to hear you had to wait a little longer for your food than normal, we would like to apolopgise if there was a delay due to another big party. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Having been told about this place and what great food it was we decided to visit here to celebrate a friends birthday............never again it was that loud you couldn't hear each other talk even though you were on the same table and the food was horrible. Asked for it to be medium to well done and it came rare, the presentation of the food was like been in a back street cafe and was over priced. My advice before going to here read the reviews first and then stay well clear.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I went here with a friend for a Steak as their advert said they did the best steaks in the area. I went for a fillet steak but it was quite frankly the worst excuse for a fillet steak I have ever seen. I had to send it back and was then presented with another sub-standard fillet steak that was just about edible. I would have preferred to just leave but did not want the make a scene.

The place inside is not too bad at all it’s just such a shame that the food is such a let-down!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Very poor food , asked for medium to well done steaks and when they were cut into blood poured out ! Never going to eat there again and would not recommend it to anyone !

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Honestly the worst steak I have had in years, I would have complained but it took almost 30 mins to appear and I was with a party of 10 people. I ordered a 20oz rump medium rare, it turned up almost well done, they also had "run out" of blue cheese sauce (chef can't make his own then?) so was obviously out of a packet. All steaks ordered came over cooked. My advice is this, Miller & Carter is 10 mins up the A34, pay the extra £2 and get a quality steak, properly cooked.