“worth a stay”

Clayton Lodge Hotel
Poole, United Kingdom
“worth a stay”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

stayed here 2 nights 6/7th June 2014, staff friendly and ever so helpfull, bedroom nice size, adequate storage but rattlelly window which i had to wedge and shabby curtains BUT for a fab nights sleep in a cosy bed and fluffy pillows, warm duvet you cant go wrong. Bathroom nicely tiled with pipping hot water and 24 hour hot towel rail, BUT a shabby finish lets it down.Buffet style full range of english and continental breakfast was ok not the best in the world but no where near the worst, would i stay here again??? YES Yes i would.

Room Tip: maybe worth checking room over before you settle
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank geoff505

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel last week and could not believe the smell when we first walked in the room,the carpets were stained,bath had hairs in it,and the mattress was heavily stained also,i was embarrased to take my wife,after a day at the races our night was ruined,never again !!!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

After reading the reviews on here I was very nervous about staying at the hotel. I had read all the tips and advice and I am glad I did. My friend had booked the hotel and one of the comments I'd read was 'made us pay twice' luckily we went armed with invoice and the knowledge we had defiantly paid as when we arrived at reception as others had mentioned they did try and make us pay twice. After showing the evidence the receptionist said ok I will look into it and we went off to our room. Room was lovely and spacious and had everything we needed although was a bit of a maze finding it. Didn't buy a drink from the bar but looked well presented. After a night out when we arrived back we were greeted with a locked door and a notice to phone the porter although this seemed odd the porter explained it was for security which is understandable. Beds very comfy. The next day we had breakfast included the staff didn't seem to know what they were doing but I can not fault the breakfast, had everything we wanted, lovely! Additionally I was impressed by the free Wifi which was quick. Overall this was an ok hotel for the price paid and I would stay here again if ever I am in the area I will just remember to get evidence of payment! When we checked out a different (friendlier) member of staff did apologise and notified us they'd found the payment.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Natd129
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and stayed originally in room 51.
The room was great for what we paid for. £47 for a double. The only problem was it was very hot and we had a toilet that took forever to flush.
Talked to reception and they put us in room 5.
It had everything we needed. Showers are good. Beds are comfy.
I believe you get what you pay for. We paid for a basic hotel and we got that. That isn't a bad thing.
Agree with somethings I have read. Views aren't great. Couple stains on the carpet but then again for the price we paid that was fine by us.
Staff are extremely helpful. Especially the gentleman who worked in the bar. Always helping and a great ambassador for customer service.
I don't think I would stay here again and wouldn't recommend it for a stay for too long.
If you want somewhere that is good value for me then this will be fine.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jayrimmer
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Booked my room though booking.com as I had to visit Newcastle-under-Lyme for an interview.
An hour before I arrived, I got a phone call from the hotel and was told there was a problem with my booking and there was no room for me available after all.
I was quite upset as I was not visiting Newcastle for a day out, but for a professional interview and I was told that I could book a room in a different hotel which was a)more expensive and b)further away, which meant I would need a taxi to go to my interview and return.
The member of staff on the phone said that they would call me on the following day to discuss the situation, but I did not receive a phone call from them. Unacceptable and very disappointing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Penelope V
Stoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The hotel room was nice and clean however the guests in the room next door to us were hideous! None stop shouting from the time we arrived until 4am. I did inform the reception staff and asked them to attend to this matter but they obviously had better things to do as the horrendous ordeal continued!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kerry B
Reviewed 29 May 2014

If youre looking for a welcoming environment and people, go elsewhere because you will not get it from reception staff here. Heres your key round the corner up the stairs. Alarm bells!!! Stairs, 2 kids, luggage, no lift....2 flights later in a boiling hot corridor we find our room which the keycard struggles to open. Room looks ok but 2 floors up, family room, sliding window, danger!!! Yes it has a turn lock but its in childs reach and easy to turn. Hot room so need window open so we suffer but open about 2 inches. Comfortable bed so slept soundly. Shower above taps behind non-moveable screen. You cant reach to turn taps on unless you are in the bath so you cant run bath or put shower to set temperature for the kids. So we did adult, leave shower running, child, child, adult. Otherwise impossible. Not thought out!! Breakfast ok, chic restaurant looks good, shame about the grubby floors and skirtings. Requirements made at booking not met, skimmed milk at breakfast and in room. Reception said theres a garage a couple of doors down. I said no it was made with booking, they then supplied. Room service poor, after 25 minutes waiting, after a second call and a further 10 minutes we were supplied with our request. Overall, not brilliant. I would stay again as a last resort but I would seach elsewhere first, which is a great shame because with the improvements needed (a lot) it could b a nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Aalipat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
Borough Arms Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
#2 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
#4 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel
Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme...
#1 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House

Been to Clayton Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!