“Unique and superb!”

Changes Cafe
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a coffee shop on Merrial Street (opposite the Civic Offices) that offer quality food and drink at a competetive price.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I was recommended this coffee shop by an old school friend, so when I was back in the UK I had to visit, and I was not disappointed - friendly ambience, welcoming staff, a unique coffee shop menu, and superb and tasty food, all very reasonably priced. Changes will be the first coffee shop I go to when I return to the UK. Top marks indeed!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I'm so glad to have found this coffee shop in town. I much prefer independent coffee places rather than the the regular commercial chains that are everywhere now. This one offers something different that's rare to find these days. It's welcoming and friendly, with such a lovely personal touch. The cafe owners know me by name now and always greet me with a smile. It's very peaceful and relaxing. Plus, the coffee is amazing and definitely hits the spot - as do the delicious array of cakes! One thing I absolutely love about this place though, is its unique menu. Not only does it serve sandwiches and other foods for every pallet, but interestingly it serves wonderful authentic Chinese selections. With it being slightly off the main high street, it adds to the ambience and tranquility this cafe offers.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This must easily be one of the best coffee shops in Newcastle, four of us went to this lovely coffee shop today and were made to feel welcome from the moment we arrived. Food excellent and fresh beautifully presented, very good quality produce including drinks. Not normally a fan of cake but the homemade cakes were probably the best I have ever tasted. We're already planning on coming here again tomorrow.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Excellent little cafe/coffee shop. We pop in for a coffee and tea whenever in Newcastle. Lovely food and good service from very nice owners. Would recommend. Please go along and try.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Who would have thought you could get so much variety in one coffee shop? The only downside is that I couldn't taste everything. Really impressed with service and atmosphere which complimented the food perfectly. Whether you want a quick tea stop or to fill up on good homemade food, then this is the place to go.
Thanks guys, be back soon.