“Richard”

Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Love the Taybarns experience that goes with this Premierinn. It would be nice if more locations copied.
Car parking is excellent even when busy.
Staff were really friendly.
Rooms are good value, but I would like to see two easy chairs in a double room, it seems the rooms are more designed for the single business traveller.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 November 2012

Booked this Premier Inn as we were visiting Alton Towers for a couple of days. This hotel offered the best compromise between distance away and value for money. Staff, as always, were exceptional. We checked in late, the beds were made up for the kids and the room was warm. We'd picked up a takewway for tea on the way but if I'd have seen the Taybarns next door we would have eaten there. This is a buffet style resturant offering an all you can eat menu. It's reasonably priced at around £9 for adults and £6 for kids (I think off the top of my head!). Quality of the food it pretty good but not exceptional but bear in mind my family of 2 adults and 2 children could have ate and drank all we could for £30. I don't think you could beat that value. Overall, I'd recommend and would stay again.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We stayed for one night in a family room, having spent a long day at Alton Towers we tried to use my phones satnav to find the hotel, after an hour of going round in circles as gps kept dropping we found the hotel. I would advise to printing out exact directions if coming from Alton Towers.
Reception staff very helpful and friendly, our room was spotless and comfortable.
The restuarant was good value but quite noisy and not relaxing at all.
Breakfast had a great selection.
The sound proofing in the room was quite bad we got woken up by what sounded like a herd of elephants above, which was probably a child running around in the room above. On check out I mentioned this to reception and they offered to refund our stay. I thought this was great customer service.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

Cannot fault the 2 nights I had. Staff and hotel did what i expected and more. Staff were attentive and helpful. They genuinely did there best to make sure i had the best nights sleep possible. Only a 20 min drive to Alton towers!

Reviewed 29 October 2012

We found our stay here comfortable, easy, accessible, clean, reliable, affordable, friendly, great food....

We used this Premier Inn to access Alton Towers easily and they gave us a map and directions and were very helpful and true journey to and from was approx 35 mins! :)

Reviewed 25 October 2012

I stayed for 2 nights on business. Room was spotlessly clean, bed comfortable and plenty of very hot water. It was very quiet and I could not hear any traffic noice as it's set back a bit from the main road. The restaurant is not a place for a quiet relaxing meal - all you can eat buffet - but I must say the food was rather good for the price - £7.99. Yes I would stay again

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2012

My friend and I stayed here at the end of September for the first night of a trip to Alton Towers, have stayed in a few Premier Inns over the years but have to say was impressed with this one. Receptionist very friendly and helpful, even giving us helpful advice about where to eat.

Room was as you'd expect, we had a double and single bed overlooking the car park. Very clean with all the usual amenities. Water pressure must be a bit of an issue as both the shower and the taps in the sink were just dribbling out water.

We tried to eat in the restaurant, and were indeed warned how busy it was, and got advised the minute we walked through the door that it was an hours wait for a table, it was heaving in there. We ended up visiting the local drive through a mile down the road as we were starving.

Overall hotel was nice, about 20 minutes away from Alton Towers which was the reason for our visit. Ample parking and easy to find, will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
Travelodge Newcastle-under-Lyme Central
1 mi away
Travelodge Stoke Talke
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House
Premier Inn Stoke-On-Trent (Hanley) Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel? Share your experiences!