“Friendly Reception”

Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly Reception”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

I arrived at the hotel on Friday evening and the car park was very full, due to the restaurant. I parked the back of the hotel, but it was raining and all of my luggage was wet by time I had walked to Reception. I did not like the look of the rear car park and waited until the restaurant had emptied and then moved my car to what I considered a 'safer' area at the front of the hotel.
The Reception staff were all very friendly and the room was clean and spacious. I had asked for a quiet room and was given a room on the top floor at the back of the hotel and had a great nights sleep.
I did not eat at the hotel due to plans I had already made, but it was very busy so must have been a good place to eat.

Room Tip: Busy restaurant and main road at front of hotel, so ask for a 'quiet'room at the back on a h...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2012

This is the second time we stayed at the Premier Inn on Talke Road, though there was a few issues, I still think that this hotel and resturant is good value. And a lovely place to stay, it is very central and not far from the different places I have to travel too.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Blackpool, Lancashire
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Had to change my original booking due to mix-up..on my part. Sean on reception couldn't have been more helpful. Have re-booked for the RIGHT date this time! Look forward to meeting you and thanking you for your kindness and professionalism. Kind regards David Naylor - Blackpool UK

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
kent uk
Reviewed 13 December 2012

We have just returned from a 3 night stay and it is the most friendly hotel l have stayed in
all the staff are very friendly You can tell it is run by a good Manager.The rooms are very clean and have everything you need for your stay The attached restaurant is very good value although not the best quality food but lots of choice eat as much as you like, its good for what you pay my only comment would be there should be a adult only section as a lot of families use the restaurant so can get very noisy.
Would use the hotel again

Room Tip: rooms at the back would be quieter
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Bideford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 December 2012

This hotel off a duel carriageway which did confuse our poor sat nav and as it was dark we did not at first notice the sign. Car park was almost full because of Taybarns, late arrivals may have problems. Never stayed at a Premier Inn before and was pleasantly surprised. ALL staff very friendly and helpful, room had everything we needed and was very clean. We will be using Premier Inns in future

Room Tip: Has a lift so our first floor room (44) was fine and we could see our car from it
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Uk
Reviewed 10 December 2012

This is our first time in a Premier Inn and we were very impressed. We were given a room at the front but asked to change to the back as we felt this would be alittle quieter. The room was lovely and the bed very comfortable. We also went to dinner at the Taybarns on an eat all you want buffet for an amazing price of £5.99 before 6pm. We tried alittle of almost everything including desserts, the chocolate cake,profiteroles with warm chocolate sauce were lovely. All of the staff at the restuarant and Premier Inn were very friendly ,polite, well done to all of them.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I've reviewed many a premier inn now, and they never fail to come up trumps every time. This branch does not differ in that respect. Friendly front desk staff, comfortable room, reasonable price, nothing more you could want in a hotel.

My only bugbear is the Taybarns next door, it's cheap but that's pretty much where the positives end for me. The food is well cooked sure, but it's pretty awful in my opinion. I have reviewed it separately so I won't go into too much detail, but I'd recommend looking elsewhere unless you have a tight budget and just want a place to fill up. I'm a bit surprised the hotel is attached to a restaurant of this type, unless of course they don't have a choice.

Don't let it put you off staying a the hotel though, because that part is excellent as normal.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
Borough Arms Hotel
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
#4 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent

Been to Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel? Share your experiences!