“Excellent hotel! Better than any 4* chain hotels in the UK”

Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel
Denmark
“Excellent hotel! Better than any 4* chain hotels in the UK”
Reviewed 4 June 2010

This hotel was booked due to the £29 a room. Imagine 2 adults and 2 children for £29, wow! Not to mention the room has two queen beds and not a make up beds for kids. The kids age limit is up to 15 years old. The room is huge. The bathroom clean and big. The beds are heavenly and the windows are totally sound proof. The restaurant attached was Taybarns and my son is wild about it. Buffet for £7.99 and below 10's for £3.99. The quality is great and customer service is without fault. I have reccommended this hotel to our friends who are visiting Alton Towers. A few quid for the bus fare is still cheap staying here. LOVE THE PURPLE!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank TEYWEY
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2010
Many thanks for such a positive review . It is great to hear that you took advantage of our great value £29 Premier Offer and experienced the high level of service we strive to deliver to all of our Guests. We are pleased that our clean, comfortable rooms helped make your stay a good one and that your son was so impressed with our Taybarns Restaurant on site. Thank you for your recommendations and we very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Cumbria
Reviewed 10 January 2010

Visitin on last minute xmas buisness (new store) lad on reception couldn't find my booking cuz the lass who books for me duffed it, he said no probz, gave me the key & told me he'd get me wen sorted. i came down and paid bout an hour later when it wos all done. i found it really easy to talk to him and a girl who was there too by this point. felt like they didnt mind me chewin their ears off. went for a meal in Taybarns next door which wasnt really my thing but i gave it a go and for 8 quid you cant really argue with it. only thing i can think of is that one of the chefs was a bit mouthy. room was proper clean and smelt nice which made a change from the damp smell you expect from buget hotels even the gals who clean the rooms had me chattin and checked if everything was alrite. on first night tho, i had some bloke shouting on his phone right outside my door and after that i couldnt sleep. when i told reception he (same bloke) said "no worries" and refunded me the first night!!!!! mental!!! second night i moved to next floor up and slept sound. the whole stay, barrin night 1, was smooth and problem free. i dont know if i'd bring my lady here for a romantic night in, altho its nice, but work wise it was all i needed and more. brilliant stay, but wud advise u, wen bookin, to ask for a top floor room. deffo stay again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel, responded to this review, 15 January 2010
It is great to hear of your positive experience with Premier Inn. It is so good to hear that your stay with us was a comfortable and that the service provided met your expectations.. At Premier Inn we strive for excellence and are keen to learn from our guests reviews how we can achieve and maintain this. Your feedback regarding our team members is great to hear and your comments will be followed up by our Management Team at our hotel. Thank you again for your review we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2010

The Premier Inn was in a good location for our business trip so we decided to stay there over night. A good choice overall.

The room was very nice and a super comfirtable bed but unfortunately my room was right next to the stairwell which seemed to be cheaply constructed. I heard every footstep and every conversation as people walked up and down the stairs which as you guessed was from anytime between 6am and Midnight. Not too good a night sleep.

The breakfast was good in Taybarns, I even managed to get some poached eggs, nothing extra ordinary but good with friendly staff. The queues for the all you can eat buffet in the evening was very popular. We decided to go out to eat and went to a local curry house.

When I came to mention the noise I had encountered the night before I got a sorry form the guy in reception and not much else, I didnt have the time to take this any further.

My colleaue on the other hand didn't have a problem and thought it was excellent. I would of agreed if hadnt been for the noise. I will use this hotelagain bu always ask not to be next to the stairwell!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel, responded to this review, 14 January 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are pleased that our hotel room and breakfast facilities met your expectation, we are however disappointed that you were disturbed during the night your comments have been noted and will be investigated by Head Office and the Management Team at our Newcastle Under Lyme. At Premier Inn we endeavour to delivery a high level of service in all our establishments. Once again thank you for your review we do look forward to welcoming back to Premier Inn in the future.
Manchester
Reviewed 11 November 2009

I have stayed here numerous time with my friend. We usually stay here if we are on a night out with friends as we don’t live in the area. We love it here & the staff are really friendly. The hotel is clean & modern & we never have any bother when are stay there. Would recommend definitely.

Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2009
Thank you for your review it is so good hear that we are continuing to meet your expectations during your visits to Newcastle-under-Lyme. At premier Inn we are committed to giving our guests the highest level of customer service and we are so pleased that our team continue to give your this service during your continuing visits. Thank you once again for your review, we look forward to seeing you the next time you check in.
London
Reviewed 17 April 2009

This Premier Inn was ideally situauted just off the M6, Junction 16 and was easily found with the Taybarns 'ultimate eatery' restaurant illuminated beside the hotel. Upon arrival I was greeted by a lovely smiling receptionist and instantly felt at ease with me being a singe traveller. They offered to help me with my luggage, but for once I had travelled light so i was fine. The route to my room was clean and airy and the entrance to my room was equally as good - clean, spacious - everything i needed for a business stay over! I'm always weary of dining alone when i'm away on a business trip as i'm used to eating out with friends and family - but upon entrance to the restaurant i found it easy to pay for my dinner and was shown to a table almost immediately - and to find it was a 'eat as much as like' restaurant for £7.80 was an added bonus - a business trip and I don't need to worry about what i'm spending on expenses. The food was lovely, the puddings were gorgeous and the staff were so friendly - i forgot i was dining alone! Breakfast the following morning was just as good! This premier inn is just that, premier! I would recommend this hotel to any single traveller, infact i would recommend it to anyone! I can't wait for the next time my company ask me too visit a client at Newcastle under Lyme.

Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2009

Rooms - Typically Premier Inn - no major complaints about that.

Location - Middle of industrial area, nowhere to walk to, unless you've got a warehouse fetish and you've got a black belt in karate. Very shady area.

Restaurant - Taybarns. Avoid at all costs. This is a haven for chavs. The all-u-can-eat for £7.95 offer (no other options) looks lethal. Entry only allowed if you possess at least one tattoo on neck or face, gold hooped ear-rings and minimum 9 rings, attire-shell suit or tracksuit - brighter the better....and dont get me started on the ladies!!!

It's near the M6, so for a quick overnight stay - its ok, but you'll need to have a car to go to another eating place unless connective tissue is your favourite ingredient!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
4 Thank Mr B
staffordshire
Reviewed 27 October 2008

My partner and I decided to get away for a weekend as the kids were away, and seeing as we had not been away for almost a year thought we deserved it!. We turned up at Newcastle under lyme Premier Inn on the Friday evening at about 8.30 pm after an hour or so's drive. We stayed here as it was the nearest to the Regent theatre and we were going to watch the Rat Pack there the Saturday night. We were served by a pleasant lady at reception who booked us in. We asked if we could book a table for the restaurant but she said no, just go through. We checked our luggage in and headed down to TAYBARNS next door. My god, I know it was a Friday evening but it was heaving, noisy, kids running round, MANIC!!! Hardly what you need after a very stressful week and a romantic weekend. I took one look at the place and said im not eating here so we headed down road to a pub called Miller & Carter. Very nice, bit pricey, but quiet and much more our style, ie, quiet and no kids screaming around. I have children myself but the last thing I need on a romantic weekend away is somebody else's.

The next morning we went down to breakfast, quite hungry. It is open 8 til 10 am but on a weekend away who wants to be up early??? We went down at 9.30 am. Nice waitress served us and took my partners breakfast order and I ordered porridge. There were NO croissants. Seeing as this is meant to be a continental breakfast very mad to be honest. They offered me a cooked breakfast instead so I took that offer up. The next morning we went down and en-route met a woman carrying two serviettes and in-between them were about 4 or 5 croissants. I was fuming as it is obviously people nicking them as to why they "run out" as we had been told. I told my partner if they havent got any more there is going to be bedlam after yesterday. Sure enough we got there and a waitress took order, sat us down, etc. First off there was no porridge apparently. Then we waited and waited and waited. The manager came to table and whipped my partners plate up which he was eating toast from! Asked if we had enjoyed our breaskfast - said had not had it yet! They had lost the breakfast order!!!! I was fuming to say the least. The refunded my money for the lack of croissants. Then when I checked the literature it said that premier inn refund your nights fee if the breakfast does not live up to promise so this is what the manager gave us in the end. So we stayed 2 nights for one, but is was very annoying as it was meant to be relaxing. We never had this in London where they could not do enough for us throughout the whole stay.

Very disappointing. Also the rooms very jaded looking and tatty, although clean. My partner and I went to Trentham the Sunday and there is a NEW premier inn there which we did not know about. Had we know we would have stayed there and driven to the theatre instead. We called in and the receptionist showed us one of their brand new swanky rooms and they have eating facilities within the hotel, which is must better.

Personally TAYBARNS is letting the reputation of Premier Inn down a lot. They can't cope with the numbers of people they have on a weekend and seem more interested in serving the general public.

Please Whitbread have a DEDICATED restaurant for your guests to make them feel special.

Dont stay here unless you like waiting and to be messed around.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — Taybarns restaurant, lack of decent breakfast, terrible service
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank maldivianlady
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
Travelodge Newcastle-under-Lyme Central
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House
Travelodge Stoke Talke
Best Western Plus Stoke on Trent Alsager Manor House Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent

Been to Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel? Share your experiences!