“Receptionist on arrival was great...”

Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel
Livingston
“Receptionist on arrival was great...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2010

Receptionist on arrival was great, however she did fail
to mention that we should book in advance for a table in the resteraunt as on the second
night we had to wait 30 min on a table, we were advised to buy drinks and wait in the bar which was far too small and busy therefor we had to stand. While standing at the bat I tester my arm on the bartop and my entire arm got soaked with drink which wasn't wiped away by the bar tender which spoiled the start if our night. The food in the resteraunt on the otherhand was great.
I was disppointed to find that we didn't have a phone in our room, after coming out the shower I wanted to contact reception for a iron and board.... As I was un suitably dressed I didn't want to leave the room to ask where they wer located, I thn got dressed and went down to reception where a male receptionist gave me an iron and board... I didn't expect him to carry it up for me but I think that he should have offered if I would
like help carrying them up to my room.... It's common curtacy.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
shropshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2010

Stayed overnight to go to my sons graduation ceremony at keele uni. Hotel faces a very busy road and has no airconditioning. We couldnt have the window open overnight due to the noise from traffic, (waste of time though as the window handle was broken and didnt seal the window properly), the room was boiling hot with only a small also very noisy fan provided. All in all very little sleep but dont expect a refund as none will be provided even if you complain with good cause, staff really don't care.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2010
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn our main objective remains to deliver a high level of customer service in all our establishments. We apologise for the service you experienced the our hotel. Your comments have been noted and will be duly investigated by both Head Office and the Management Team at our Newcastle-under-Lyme hotel. Please be assured at Premier Inn we take the service provided to all our guests very seriously and your feedback will be duly followed up. Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we do hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future
Newcastle, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2010

This hotel is about average within the world of Premier Inns. Negatives for me was the lack of air con and the lack of key card access which meant carrying round a proper key. It was a warm night when I stayed here but a fan was provided which was good. Unfortunately my room was on the ground floor and I felt uncomfortable leaving the window open over night.

The rooms were clean and the staff were helpful and friendly so no compaints there.

On a final note Taybarns which is attached to the hotel is probably worth avoiding. It gets very busy on an evening and the food is... well... It's an 'eat all you can' for £8 so you can guess.

• Stayed July 2010
Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2010

This hotel was booked due to the £29 a room. Imagine 2 adults and 2 children for £29, wow! Not to mention the room has two queen beds and not a make up beds for kids. The kids age limit is up to 15 years old. The room is huge. The bathroom clean and big. The beds are heavenly and the windows are totally sound proof. The restaurant attached was Taybarns and my son is wild about it. Buffet for £7.99 and below 10's for £3.99. The quality is great and customer service is without fault. I have reccommended this hotel to our friends who are visiting Alton Towers. A few quid for the bus fare is still cheap staying here. LOVE THE PURPLE!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank TEYWEY
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2010
Many thanks for such a positive review . It is great to hear that you took advantage of our great value £29 Premier Offer and experienced the high level of service we strive to deliver to all of our Guests. We are pleased that our clean, comfortable rooms helped make your stay a good one and that your son was so impressed with our Taybarns Restaurant on site. Thank you for your recommendations and we very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Cumbria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2010

Visitin on last minute xmas buisness (new store) lad on reception couldn't find my booking cuz the lass who books for me duffed it, he said no probz, gave me the key & told me he'd get me wen sorted. i came down and paid bout an hour later when it wos all done. i found it really easy to talk to him and a girl who was there too by this point. felt like they didnt mind me chewin their ears off. went for a meal in Taybarns next door which wasnt really my thing but i gave it a go and for 8 quid you cant really argue with it. only thing i can think of is that one of the chefs was a bit mouthy. room was proper clean and smelt nice which made a change from the damp smell you expect from buget hotels even the gals who clean the rooms had me chattin and checked if everything was alrite. on first night tho, i had some bloke shouting on his phone right outside my door and after that i couldnt sleep. when i told reception he (same bloke) said "no worries" and refunded me the first night!!!!! mental!!! second night i moved to next floor up and slept sound. the whole stay, barrin night 1, was smooth and problem free. i dont know if i'd bring my lady here for a romantic night in, altho its nice, but work wise it was all i needed and more. brilliant stay, but wud advise u, wen bookin, to ask for a top floor room. deffo stay again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel, responded to this review, 15 January 2010
It is great to hear of your positive experience with Premier Inn. It is so good to hear that your stay with us was a comfortable and that the service provided met your expectations.. At Premier Inn we strive for excellence and are keen to learn from our guests reviews how we can achieve and maintain this. Your feedback regarding our team members is great to hear and your comments will be followed up by our Management Team at our hotel. Thank you again for your review we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2010

The Premier Inn was in a good location for our business trip so we decided to stay there over night. A good choice overall.

The room was very nice and a super comfirtable bed but unfortunately my room was right next to the stairwell which seemed to be cheaply constructed. I heard every footstep and every conversation as people walked up and down the stairs which as you guessed was from anytime between 6am and Midnight. Not too good a night sleep.

The breakfast was good in Taybarns, I even managed to get some poached eggs, nothing extra ordinary but good with friendly staff. The queues for the all you can eat buffet in the evening was very popular. We decided to go out to eat and went to a local curry house.

When I came to mention the noise I had encountered the night before I got a sorry form the guy in reception and not much else, I didnt have the time to take this any further.

My colleaue on the other hand didn't have a problem and thought it was excellent. I would of agreed if hadnt been for the noise. I will use this hotelagain bu always ask not to be next to the stairwell!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel, responded to this review, 14 January 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are pleased that our hotel room and breakfast facilities met your expectation, we are however disappointed that you were disturbed during the night your comments have been noted and will be investigated by Head Office and the Management Team at our Newcastle Under Lyme. At Premier Inn we endeavour to delivery a high level of service in all our establishments. Once again thank you for your review we do look forward to welcoming back to Premier Inn in the future.
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2009

I have stayed here numerous time with my friend. We usually stay here if we are on a night out with friends as we don’t live in the area. We love it here & the staff are really friendly. The hotel is clean & modern & we never have any bother when are stay there. Would recommend definitely.

Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2009
Thank you for your review it is so good hear that we are continuing to meet your expectations during your visits to Newcastle-under-Lyme. At premier Inn we are committed to giving our guests the highest level of customer service and we are so pleased that our team continue to give your this service during your continuing visits. Thank you once again for your review, we look forward to seeing you the next time you check in.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
Borough Arms Hotel
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
#4 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent

Been to Premier Inn Newcastle Under Lyme Hotel? Share your experiences!