With my husbands 40th birthday being so close to xmas (16th dec) we wanted to getaway somewhere relaxing but stay in this country..The Cranleigh was the perfect choice!
We arrived early and wanted to explore bowness so hoped the hotel would let us park our car as check in wasnt until 3pm. We entered the hotel reception to a wondefully cosy fire and friendly reception staff, we were told our room would be ready at 3pm and that we could park our car right outside our room as we had booked The Sanctury...excellent! On arrival at the room one of the hotel staff escorted us to our room to show us around...on a cold december afternoon the fire was welcoming, music playing and mood lighting set the tone. This room is wonderful! Huge tv, bose surround sound, a bathroom to die for and outside the hottub ready and waiting. The hot tub was just the right temp and we sat there drinking champagne until dark. The hot tub has a canopy over it so even if it rains..or snows as it did in our case its not a bother. We planned to go out in the evening but we didnt want to leave so ordered a takeaway (the Cranleigh doesnt have an evening restaurant) and hopped back in the tub.
Im quite picky when it comes to beds and bed sheets but i slept really well and the pillows excellent! Breakfast was delivered to the room and this was amazing, my only complaint was that the full breakfast did not come with toast..and that is my only complaint of the whole stay!! This place is truely wonderful! My husband did say id excelled myself this time...finding an excellent gem! i hope to return to the cranleigh one day, just to drink champagne in the hot tub whilst the snow is falling. Thankyou Cranleigh!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Boutique accommodation, Rooms Suites and Boutique Houses. All perfectly located in the Heart of the English Lake District.Each Individually designed with features including: private hot tubs, super sized air spa baths, free Wifi, free car parking, and access to leisure and spa facilities. Adult only accommodation. International multi award winning accommodation, completely unique to the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Cranleigh Boutique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cranleigh Guesthouse Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Cranleigh Boutique Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District