“quality hotel”
Review of Cranleigh Boutique

Cranleigh Boutique
Reviewed 18 May 2012

This hotel certainly lives up to expectations. It is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. The rooms are decorated in a modern style. The staff are all friendly and attentive. Excellent breakfast with a varied choice. Local bars and shops are just a short walk away. The spa is a few minutes walk, with a great gym and and pool that overlooks the lake. If your looking for somewhere to eat nearby, I would recommend 'hole in t wall'. It is a traditional English pub serving quality food. You'll not be disappointed if you book this hotel.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 4. Described as a standard room in comparison to the other rooms they have, however...
There are newer reviews for Cranleigh Boutique

Reviewed 13 May 2012

We got a deal off living social for a 2 night stay in the hotel, however paid a bit extra for a weekend stay and opted for a better room. The hotel was fantastic. the decor in the room was very modern and chic, the bed was super comfy with a memory foam topper. The bathroom had lovely mood lighting in and a heated floor which was a nice touch. Upon arriving at the room we were greeted with rose petals all over the bed, a bottle of champagne and some hand made chocolates which were very tasty indeed. The first night we both found the duvet a little thick so we requested a thinner one from reception which was not a problem and promptly seen to. The staff were all very friendly and attentive. the only down point i could give was the breakfasts could be a little better as the full english were a bit lacking. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and look forward to hopefully going again but this time in the hideaway or the sanctuary which from the cranleighs website look even more fantastic.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

we had a wonderful stay at The Cranleigh. We arrived on my birthday and right from the start we were very pleased I had been bought a bottle of champagne and they even gave us an ice bucket and a couple of glasses .. Our bathroom was amazing I could have stayed there all day !! The breakfast was lovely and the staff were excellent . Will definitely recommend The Cranleigh . Thanks for making it a memorable break .

Sian and Paul

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We stayed here in August 2011... I booked The Sanctuary room as a suprise for my husband... I wanted something different without having to travel miles away.... This was just perfect private hot tub... superb room.. lovely breakfast... a must for a romantic getaway

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Well what can I say........The Sanctuary was an amazing experience! Champagne on arrival, roaring fire and the private hotub was ready and wating for us to dip in! The friendly and warm receptionist was very welcoming and showed us around the sanctuary including how to use the facilities which included........the delightful fire, BOSE surround sound system, massive tv in the lounge area, the tv in front of the nicest bath I have bathed in, how to close the velux blinds and how to use the hotub (temperature and jets), how to fill out our breakfast menus. She made us feel very welcome to say the least!
I could quite easily write reams and reams on The Cranleigh, it was that breath taking and only a 3 minute walk to the beautiful lake and the local shops.
We had a massive brochure of DVDs to choose from but we did not need them as the tv channels provided were adequate and we watched a film on freeview.
The bed was so comfy, actually if I'm being honest......the bed was more comfy than my own and I LOVE my bed! The breakfast that was brought to us in the morning was delicious and steaming hot! It could not be faulted.
The shower is the best shower I've ever showered in and the lighting really made the whole building feel like you were living in luxury.
I could quite easily live there!
There really is so much more I could add, the previous reviews really do give you a picture that The Cranleigh is of a high class nature that offers you that extra special something that no other hotels that I have stayed in have offered the same kind of quality and luxury and I have stayed in some 5* hotels in Dubai and they do not compare to The Cranleigh.

Room Tip: Choose The Sanctuary for that extra special luxurious treat!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chick82
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Myself and my Partner recently stayed in the Hideout and we really had a fantastic night. It is in its own property (the end of a 3 house terrace but apart from seeing a neighbour, you wouldn't have even thought the houses were occupied they were that quiet!) and the location is fantastic - it's a couple of minutes into the town centre. We were well and truly blown away with the attention to detail. From the bedroom, to the kitchen and living area, we couldn't think of something that it needed. Even though you are away from the guesthouse you still feel as though you are part of the Cranleigh 'family' as you have access to their extensive DVD collection, and if you need anything, there is a phone in which you can contact reception on. We finally tried the spa facilities in The Old England, which just added even more to the experience.

You really do have to experience this property to appreciate it to its full extent as we were expecting a lot before we even checked in and we were blown away when we arrived at the Hideout.

There was a 3D TV in the living area, complete with 3D Blu-ray DVD's, an iPod docking station, BOSE surround sound (which sounds fantastic), remote control lights, an nespresso machine in the kitchen which includes the capsules, dishwasher (which is almost silent - for those staying more than one night), integrated fridge and freezer and a HD TV in the bedroom - plus much, much more.

We have stayed at the Cranleigh many times - staying the Hideaway and The Suite - rooms I would recommend in a heartbeat. But, The Hideout is on an entirely new level - it is something that must be experienced - i don't think i will have luxury like this anywhere else in the Lake District.

We cannot wait to come back!

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Loved this hotel , stayed in room 13 which was so superior.
So luxiourious.
Decor was outstanding with choclates on the bed.
Bathroom was outstanding with a Tv in the Bathroom , felt really spoilt.
Breakfast was in the next building , regency decor and superb breakfast.
Used the spa in the nearby Macdonalds Hotel, just a short walk away
Took a trip on the lake.
I would recommend to anyone, it was such a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: There is a website for the hotel which shows everyroom , you choose what room you want whilst bookin...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Heddwch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowness-on-Windermere
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier Collection
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier C...
#8 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield
#6 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Sp...
#9 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere

Been to Cranleigh Boutique? Share your experiences!