“affordable luxury”
Review of Cranleigh Boutique

Cranleigh Boutique
Reviewed 19 May 2012

The "Cranleigh experience" was wonderful from start to finish. The staff were welcoming, attentive and friendly. The bedroom was chic(we were in room 12)and the ensuite was sheer luxury - a spa bath with flat screen TV ( I was in heaven!). Everything was immaculate and the breakfasts were excellent - quality produce, a wide choice and plenty of it. A great location and lots of restaurants only a few mins.walk. We really enjoyed our stay and the only thing not rated 5/5 was the weather!
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

We booked our stay through Living Social & had a really lovely couple of days. We booked a standard room which was perfect. We were treated to a lovely bottle of champagne on arrival, rose petals on the bed & a lovely box of chocolates. Of an evening we received a turn down service which included more chocolates we felt really spoilt & the breakfast of a morning saw us through the day. The hotel is situated in the perfect location just a short stroll into Bowness. We would deffinatly recommend a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 18 May 2012

This hotel certainly lives up to expectations. It is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. The rooms are decorated in a modern style. The staff are all friendly and attentive. Excellent breakfast with a varied choice. Local bars and shops are just a short walk away. The spa is a few minutes walk, with a great gym and and pool that overlooks the lake. If your looking for somewhere to eat nearby, I would recommend 'hole in t wall'. It is a traditional English pub serving quality food. You'll not be disappointed if you book this hotel.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 4. Described as a standard room in comparison to the other rooms they have, however...
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We got a deal off living social for a 2 night stay in the hotel, however paid a bit extra for a weekend stay and opted for a better room. The hotel was fantastic. the decor in the room was very modern and chic, the bed was super comfy with a memory foam topper. The bathroom had lovely mood lighting in and a heated floor which was a nice touch. Upon arriving at the room we were greeted with rose petals all over the bed, a bottle of champagne and some hand made chocolates which were very tasty indeed. The first night we both found the duvet a little thick so we requested a thinner one from reception which was not a problem and promptly seen to. The staff were all very friendly and attentive. the only down point i could give was the breakfasts could be a little better as the full english were a bit lacking. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and look forward to hopefully going again but this time in the hideaway or the sanctuary which from the cranleighs website look even more fantastic.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

we had a wonderful stay at The Cranleigh. We arrived on my birthday and right from the start we were very pleased I had been bought a bottle of champagne and they even gave us an ice bucket and a couple of glasses .. Our bathroom was amazing I could have stayed there all day !! The breakfast was lovely and the staff were excellent . Will definitely recommend The Cranleigh . Thanks for making it a memorable break .

Sian and Paul

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We stayed here in August 2011... I booked The Sanctuary room as a suprise for my husband... I wanted something different without having to travel miles away.... This was just perfect private hot tub... superb room.. lovely breakfast... a must for a romantic getaway

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Well what can I say........The Sanctuary was an amazing experience! Champagne on arrival, roaring fire and the private hotub was ready and wating for us to dip in! The friendly and warm receptionist was very welcoming and showed us around the sanctuary including how to use the facilities which included........the delightful fire, BOSE surround sound system, massive tv in the lounge area, the tv in front of the nicest bath I have bathed in, how to close the velux blinds and how to use the hotub (temperature and jets), how to fill out our breakfast menus. She made us feel very welcome to say the least!
I could quite easily write reams and reams on The Cranleigh, it was that breath taking and only a 3 minute walk to the beautiful lake and the local shops.
We had a massive brochure of DVDs to choose from but we did not need them as the tv channels provided were adequate and we watched a film on freeview.
The bed was so comfy, actually if I'm being honest......the bed was more comfy than my own and I LOVE my bed! The breakfast that was brought to us in the morning was delicious and steaming hot! It could not be faulted.
The shower is the best shower I've ever showered in and the lighting really made the whole building feel like you were living in luxury.
I could quite easily live there!
There really is so much more I could add, the previous reviews really do give you a picture that The Cranleigh is of a high class nature that offers you that extra special something that no other hotels that I have stayed in have offered the same kind of quality and luxury and I have stayed in some 5* hotels in Dubai and they do not compare to The Cranleigh.

Room Tip: Choose The Sanctuary for that extra special luxurious treat!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chick82
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowness-on-Windermere
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
The Ryebeck
The Ryebeck
#3 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier Collection
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier C...
#8 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Sp...
#9 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere

Been to Cranleigh Boutique? Share your experiences!